• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL weren't you one of those all over Suarez? Wow talk about being a hypocrite.
LOL, no I wasn't. In fact, if I leaned in any particular way it was in his defense.

But by all means spout shit.

Oh come on. After the Luis Suarez joke ban surely you didn't expect the FA to let JT go? This was on the cards ever since they stripped him of the captanicy of the national side
Well yes. Once this went to court the FA should of stayed out of it altogether, unless of course, the court found him guilty of something at which point the FA could punish him. This differs from the Suarez case in so much as it never went any higher than the FA.

A court is a social and moral instrument as much as an epistemological one. Its rulings don't automatically have a stronger truth-claim than even a joke outfit like the FA.

Fuck denim, btw.
Perhaps not, but it's ludicrous all the same. The fact that somebody gets acquitted in a court of law only to be labeled a racist months later because the FA say so, is mad. To take that stance is as good as saying that the FA are a greater authority on the matter than our country's court system.

Say it ain't so guys. This is terrible news for playing multiplayer as one player each and actually being in control of transfers. One of my most played modes in 12 :(

Maybe I just can't see it

I normally play as a manager but with my virtual pro in but can't find the option for it

Salazar

Preview gif of Spurs midfield

tumblr_mabbqvufnz1qapn3ui1.gif

Igo

Nani handles the ball, Clattenburg makes the advantage sign, Gomes puts the ball down and Nani kicks it. What we should have heard was the whistle for a free-kick to Spurs, that's what normally happens when an advantage is interrupted by the opposition or the ball takes too long to get back into play.

That's what would have happened in FIFA anyway. I think the mistake happened because Gomes correctly thought he was signalling for 'advantage', Nani seemed to think he was signalling 'no foul - play on', and then when the mix-up happened Clattenburg didn't have the balls to chalk the goal off. The linesman put his flag up for fuck's sake.
Does a keeper get to just put the ball in play and leave it there during an advantage? There's like 10 seconds between advantage being played and Nani striking the ball.

Advantage was played and the keeper retained control of the ball. That the end of it, isn't it?

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
here you go Football GAF....

UAT vs Xolos 5-5

its a cup match between a 1st div and 2nd div club in Mexico to advance in the semi's for the Mexico Cup. Haven't watched it and heard it was a really good game. Dem goals speak for themselves. Game went into Fergie time then to PK's. Shit is cray so watch guys for some nice goals.

PaulLFC

I doubt anyone was, but just in case anyone was about to buy FIFA 13 on Wii, don't.

This was posted in the FIFA 13 OT - aside from transfers and kits, it's exactly the same game as FIFA 12, even down to the menus. Comparison screenshots

Lightning

Banned
Man the Emirates crowd are going to give John Terry some shit this weekend. I can't wait for that alone. Lol

A lot being said about Drogba but Hazard and Oscar are going to provide plenty of threat. I am partly picking Di Matteo to play defensive though and try to counter attack us like they done to Barcelona last season.

Choc

Banned
Funniest thing is liverpool didn't get a cover

that is fucking ridiculous really given the size of that club. Maybe that had one but it had andy hahaha :)

Zabojnik

Zeman: "I don't expect a nice welcome in Turin."

No, I don't suppose you'll receive one, Boemo di sta minchia. You should expect 90mins of insults. :D

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Am I being a idiot? I can't find ranked head to head games, is it in this year?

Yeah I had the same problem it's under Seasons then pick head to head ranked iirc.

finally got in to UT but it seams the gameplay is more loose than h2h ranked. Still I finally found my gold pack for preordering and after buying a few pieces in auction I have a decent team.

Just need to set up player roles and shit

neoanarch

here you go Football GAF....

UAT vs Xolos 5-5

its a cup match between a 1st div and 2nd div club in Mexico to advance in the semi's for the Mexico Cup. Haven't watched it and heard it was a really good game. Dem goals speak for themselves. Game went into Fergie time then to PK's. Shit is cray so watch guys for some nice goals.

AMAZING game. I'l repeat it again. This left out all of the 1st division sides from the next round. Humility lesson for the big clubs in mexico.

Seems like Liverpool have finally employed some kind of PR policy for Suarez.

Come out today and said he has no problem with not getting calls as it's part of the game and hopefully next time it goes his way.

Meanwhile Brenny is calling Mike Riley to complain.

Good move from Liverpool and over-due. Needs Suarez to calm down a bit on the pitch too though, which tbf he has done so far I think. A little.

Anderson

Yeah I had the same problem it's under Seasons then pick head to head ranked iirc.

finally got in to UT but it seams the gameplay is more loose than h2h ranked. Still I finally found my gold pack for preordering and after buying a few pieces in auction I have a decent team.

Just need to set up player roles and shit

Ahh thanks was driving me mad ha

that is fucking ridiculous really given the size of that club. Maybe that had one but it had andy hahaha :)

They must have declined it, pretty much any club seems to get one as long as they can bother having a few players up for a photoshoot.

How do I just start a an offline friendly against AI in FIFA 13 ?

It's under EAS match day or something like that, then just kick off.

Mastadon

Banned

Come out today and said he has no problem with not getting calls as it's part of the game and hopefully next time it goes his way.

Good move from Liverpool and over-due. Needs Suarez to calm down a bit on the pitch too though, which tbf he has done so far I think. A little.

Yeah there's been an improvement. He's still rather petulant at times, but he's toned it down to pretty tolerable levels.

GorillaJu

Jen Chang is doing good work. Since he's come in, I feel like the perceptions about Liverpool have been more positive than before. Quite a bit, actually.

1PL04.jpg

Salazar

Just scored a cracking goal line tech long ranger with Fletch against Bor.MG

Off the crossbar, over the line, back up off the bar and out. HNNNGGG, based FIFA.

yella

:lol at dat Eddie gif.

Also, in relation to Choodi's fantastic baby news, are there any other fathers apart from Jeff :p

Proud father of two (stepson is 5, but I've been around since he was 1 and a half; contributed more than his deadbeat father, too); my son will be 2 in November.

Congrats, choodi; it's gonna be one hell of a ride! :D

Can't wait to get home and play Fifa. It's a shame they screwed us with the faces. It seems like EA cut a bunch of corners this year in preparation for next-gen. They should have put Daniel Levy on the cover in honour of that decision.

Messi

Can't wait to get home and play Fifa. It's a shame they screwed us with the faces. It seems like EA cut a bunch of corners this year in preparation for next-gen. They should have put Daniel Levy on the cover in honour of that decision.

Did EA ever say they were scanning Spurs for FIFA 13? I know they did, but maybe it was for 14 all along.

Facism

so i set up a skybet account, said they couldnt verify my age so i could do it online via passport/drivers licence, clicked the link, just sent me back to the homepage.

qindarka

Banned
Yes it was you. I remember particularly getting into an argument with you about it. But hey if you want to play the selective memory game, go right ahead.

Then quote the posts he made then. Seems simple enough to provide proof if you wish to make accusations.

xbhaskarx

Only Manchester United (56) & Manchester City (53) have collected more Premier League points in 2012 than Everton (45)

Everton: Have had more attempts on goal this season than any other team in Europe's top 5 leagues, with 102

Do any of the other relegation candidates have their own cover?

Choc

Banned
Only Manchester United (56) & Manchester City (53) have collected more Premier League points in 2012 than Everton (45)

Everton: Have had more attempts on goal this season than any other team in Europe's top 5 leagues, with 102

Do any of the other relegation candidates have their own cover?

Aston Villa does yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom