• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Babaw.jpg

I'm part of the problem :(

Edit: Oh god! Top of the page with my shame!

Zabojnik

Info from the Juve-Roma presser:

- Pirlo is starting for sure, Bonucci maybe, probably not

That's it. These press conferences are so useless without Conte. :/

GQman2121

Banned
I'm part of the problem :(

Edit: Oh god! Top of the page with my shame!

The real shame is that there is no PES on Vita. That's fucking pitiful. Konami loves money, so for them to just not give a fuck and concede to EA on the platform says a lot.

Getting my haircut in a couple of hours, its really long.

Asking my lady for the Mario Gomez.

Funny. I've got the Olympics Beckham going right now. :p

Meier

I don't want to spend any time on my hair at all other than washing it so I get it cut short as hell every time. I'm in desperate need of a cut right now but haven't gotten around to it.. a few weeks overdue really. This is typical for me..

Zabojnik

I don't want to spend any time on my hair at all other than washing it so I get it cut short as hell every time. I'm in desperate need of a cut right now but haven't gotten around to it.. a few weeks overdue really. This is typical for me..

You look like Dzeko with glasses. Come to Juve!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Got a decent deal at HMV today, FIFA13 (with a free Spurs cover) plus a 90 day PS+ subscription for £40.

Kyoufu

Got a decent deal at HMV today, FIFA12 (with a free Spurs cover) plus a 90 day PS+ subscription for £40.

That's actually pretty good... So they're selling/giving away these team specific covers in the shops? I thought they were just print outs you did on their site or something.

confuziz

Banned
Spurs are such a retarded club. How can anyone pick a 41 year old grandpa over frickin Lloris who is an international and has always been there for Lyon in big matches.

I think some EPL clubs have a thing for grandpas (Scholes/Giggs/Fergie/Wenger)

Not sure why. Probably sentimental value or something like that.

near

Gold Member
Spurs are such a retarded club. How can anyone pick a 41 year old grandpa over frickin Lloris who is an international and has always been there for Lyon in big matches.

:/ This makes zero sense. Someone educate him please.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
That's actually pretty good... So they're selling/giving away these team specific covers in the shops? I thought they were just print outs you did on their site or something.

Yeah, I don't know if it's just the Oxford Street one but behind the tills they had big stacks of various covers, they ask you who you support when you buy the game and give you the cover. They're of the same quality as the regular cover, not some crap that HMV have printed up.

Or maybe it's that Brad is still playing fantastically well. Lloris will come in at the right time. When you look at Friedel so far this season and then you look at the shit that Hart, Reina and De Gea have served up, he totally deserves his place. He is without question the most consistent keeper in the league. This is not like Lampard/Giggs, who are picked despite being shit. Friedel is playing at the level of the other top PL keepers and does not need to be changed at the moment. Lloris has been here less than a month, he has to be patient. If he thought we would drop one of the best keepers in the PL for him immediately, he was a moron.

Clegg

Brad Friedel is having a very good season. It would be silly to drop him and destabilize the team. Paul Scholes is one of the best midfielders to have played the game in the last 20 years and he's still a decent player at 37. Wenger is one of the best managers of his generation and SAF is possibly the greatest manager ever.

It's not sentimental value that keeps them in football. It's the fact that they're still capable of performing to high standard.

D_prOdigy

Why stop there? They should start 12 year olds and have you play.

jH4c9.jpg

confuziz

Banned
Brad Friedel is having a very good season. It would be silly to drop him and destabilize the team. Paul Scholes is one of the best midfielders to have played the game in the last 20 years and he's still a decent player at 37. Wenger is one of the best managers of his generation and SAF is possibly the greatest manager ever.

It's not sentimental value that keeps them in football. It's the fact that they're still capable of performing to high standard.

No. It's the reason La liga and the bundesliga are dominating you right now.

Chelsea last year was an accident.

lol. This isn't Carragher playing instead of Coates. Friedel's as good as ever

Clegg

When I was 6 we moved from Tehran to Newcastle. Lived there for a few years before going south to Watford.

Ah cool.

Was just wondering coz I was looking at that thread about the Iranian nuclear sites and you mentioned you were born there.

Now I'm going to read your posts in a Geordie/Iranian hybrid accent.

jtb

Banned
Speaking of the whole AVB/Lloris thing—I've been impressed with Defoe this season. Both the fact that AVB is actually playing him and the fact that he's been able to do pretty well even while playing lone striker. AVB's definitely learning; I'd be pleased for him (and not particularly surprised either) if he took at least a point at Old Trafford (because, let's face it, United's midfield will be completely overrun by Dembele and Sandro).

AVB learned at Chelsea you can't make all those changes overnight. Lloris will come in at the right time. Same with Adebayor (well, whenever he returns to fitness).

Clegg

No. It's the reason La liga and the bundesliga are dominating you right now.

Chelsea last year was an accident.

Bundesliga aren't dominating anything. A PL club has been in in 4 of the last 5 Champions League finals. United may have been beaten twice by Barca but there is no shame in that as they're possibly the greatest team of all time.

And it's laughable to say that Chelsea won by accident. They beat Barca and Beyern fairly. Stop chatting shite and look up things before you post drivel.

LegoArmo

Bundesliga aren't dominating anything. A PL club has been in in 4 of the last 5 Champions League finals. United may have been beaten twice by Barca but there is no shame in that as they're possibly the greatest team of all time.

And it's laughable to say that Chelsea won by accident. They beat Barca and Beyern fairly. Stop chatting shite and look up things before you post drivel.

Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom