• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsk

Banned
Nobel Prize for Jeff.

Btw, the guys in the MLS thread posted this maps of what team people support the most on the FIFA game on the USA:

tumblr_mb0simy2TK1r2xls3o1_1280.png

D_prOdigy

I really hope Anderson starts tomorrow.

You can say what you want about him, but he's always put in a performance against Spurs. He can truly help us transform our midfield against them. When people think about United outplaying a team like Spurs, it's the fast, attacking play that is at the forefront of the mind. But you need presence and Anderson has spent millions on his presence.

If he plays well tomorrow, Mr Anderson can transform himself from a big player, to a massive one.

Mastadon

Banned

You can say what you want about him, but he's always put in a performance against Spurs. He can truly help us transform our midfield against them. When people think about United outplaying a team like Spurs, it's the fast, attacking play that is at the forefront of the mind. But you need presence and Anderson has spent millions on his presence.

If he plays well tomorrow, Mr Anderson can transform himself from a big player, to a massive one.

Too easy.

Anderson

I hope I'm not starting tomorrow, manchesters a trek

Clegg

IMO Anderson has been a disappointment during his time at United. He hasn't taken care of his body and has been too inconsistant.

But he does have a lot of talents that could make him a good footballer. He's a very good dribbler of the ball and has a burst of speed that makes it very hard for the opposition to keep up with him. He can be a decent passer and is hard to knock off the ball. He he could ever stay fit then he could be an integral part of the team.

Yes it was you. I remember particularly getting into an argument with you about it. But hey if you want to play the selective memory game, go right ahead.
No mate, you're full of shit. Tell you what then. Go through my posts and find me condemning him.

I might of argued with you over something before, but it wasn't me condemning Suarez over the race bullshit.

K1LLER7

Team I Hope we play:

------------ Lindegaard ----------

-- Rafael - Rio - Evans - Buttner --

----- Ando -- Carrick -- Clevs -----

--------------- Kagawa ---------------

----------- RVP -- Rooney ----------

Requeim

Team I Hope we play:

Would start Fletcher over Anderson, and sub in Anderson if he gets tired, but otherwise i agree 100%

D_prOdigy

Team I Hope we play:

That would be very nice if Rooney's suddenly learned how to play with Kagawa, rather than on top of him.

Team I Hope we play:

I approve.
THough against Spurs I'd like to see a fit Fletcher in for Carrick for the bonus physical / tackling attributes.
Don't think he is match fit though yet so Carrick to start is a good shout.

K1LLER7

That would be very nice if Rooney's suddenly learned how to play with Kagawa, rather than on top of him.
Lol yeah, i'd want the front 3 interchange positions. If they click, that could quite easily be the best attack in the league.

Don't think Fletcher will get more than cup games or playing against the lower placed teams in the league this season.

Messi

Gary was bang out of order with his emails about Onouha's mum.

But, he was very highly spoke of by people at City. He truly helped transform the entire infrastructure at the club. When people think about City and the owners spending it's the transfer fees which are in the forefront of the mind. But they spent millions and millions on transforming the infrastructure.

Mr Cook helped us transform from a big club, to a massive one.

"Mr Cook"

olivia-wilde-wtf-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-99.gif

Clegg

What I want.
---------------De Gea ----------

----- Fletcher -- Carrick -- Clevs -----

What we'll get

-- Rafael - Rio - Evans - Evra--

---------- Carrick -- Giggs-----

Kagawa --------------------Nani
---------------Rooney-----------------
----------- -----RVP ----------

Arnie

I asked as to why Petrucci wasn't getting game time the other day, and now I know; if Nani's the one throwing the punches you've got to be a spineless cretin.

Looper was one of the best films I've seen at the cinema for a very long time. Absolutely phenomenal film. Better than The Matrix, Inception, etc.

jtb

Banned
I asked as to why Petrucci wasn't getting game time the other day, and now I know; if Nani's the one throwing the punches you've got to be a spineless cretin.

Looper was one of the best films I've seen at the cinema for a very long time. Absolutely phenomenal film. Better than The Matrix, Inception, etc.

Was pretty ambivalent on it until I heard it was done by the same guy who did Brick. Hoping to catch it this weekend.

Arnie

Was pretty ambivalent on it until I heard it was done by the same guy who did Brick. Hoping to catch it this weekend.

I hope you like it. It's kind of like Inception, except it makes complete and utter sense. It's intelligent and thought provoking in a way that doesn't feel completely cheap (not that I thought Inception wasn't, but iirc you thought it was). It's science fiction done right, in that sense. And stylistically it's wonderful.

Zabojnik

I hope you like it. It's kind of like Inception, except it makes complete and utter sense. It's intelligent and thought provoking in a way that doesn't feel completely cheap (not that I thought Inception wasn't, but iirc you thought it was). It's science fiction done right, in that sense. And stylistically it's wonderful.

Fucking trailer spoiled that
JLG = Bruce Willis. I take it it's not a huge spoiler? More like the basis for the movie, maybe?

jtb

Banned

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Inception at all (but I loved Memento... and Brick.) I love me some good, well thought out sci-fi, so it sounds promising. I love it when stylish indie directors get a chance to make something big(ish) budget without having to compromise.

Arnie

the trailer i saw before killing them softly made it look naff but the positive reviews have me interested.
I was exactly the same, found out yesterday reviews were good, went to see it with friends on a whim, came out of the cinema gobsmacked. Exceptional filmmaking. Go and see it.
Fucking trailer spoiled that
JLG = Bruce Willis. I take it it's not a huge spoiler? More like the basis for the movie, maybe?
That's not a spoiler really, you can garnish the general plot from the trailers.
Is it bad that I have no idea who Petrucci is?
His lofted through balls are exquisite. Shame he plays for United. He'll be at Lazio in a year.
Yeah, I'm not a fan of Inception at all (but I loved Memento... and Brick.) I love me some good, well thought out sci-fi, so it sounds promising. I love it when stylish indie directors get a chance to make something big(ish) budget without having to compromise.
You'll love Looper.

Kyoufu

Yeah I really can't wait to see Looper. I don't watch trailers by choice but happened to catch it during a commercial break on TV. It looks like my kind of film. <3 Sci Fi.

Arnie

Tesco's mexican bean burgers are fucking godly.

Bought them on a whim because they're cheap, and they're amazing. Going back for more next week.

Just seen on the Guardian that Rodgers confirmed they're in the process of extending Suso's contract. Good stuff. Lock him down.

Salazar

:lol

Nani calling Petrucci over in the gym afterwards and then hitting him.

I mean, I've lashed out after a challenge - but, like, seconds after it. Truly infantile to get at someone later over it.

Arnie

:lol

Nani calling Petrucci over in the gym afterwards and then hitting him.

I mean, I've lashed out after a challenge - but, like, seconds after it. Truly infantile to get at someone later over it.

Nani and 'infantile' go together like rice and curry.

Such a fucking baby.

rvy

Banned
Mr. Rosell, I hope you buy some lube, because you just lit a fire under someone's ass who likes to score goals against Barca.

Empty

that fergie successfully marshaled the man-child overload of rooney, ronaldo, tevez and nani into such a consistently good team is one of his great achievements.

Arnie

that fergie successfully marshaled the man-child overload of rooney, ronaldo, tevez and nani into such a consistently good team is one of his great achievements.

Every time I see him finish an interview clearly razzled off his tits on A-grade bourbon I perform a mini clap of recognition. Like, he's overtly pissed off his nozzle, but he just gets through it. His breathing technique is phenomenal.

Tmrw I want to see:

DDG
Rafael Rio Evans Buttner
Carrick Scholes Anderson
Kagawa RVP Rooney

- De Gea is better than Lindegaard. Put him in net and stick with him.
- Evra was bollocks once again last week. Drop him.
- Anderson can give us some energy and drive in midfield if he plays well. Bring Clev on when Scholesy's had it after about 60 mins. Keep Fletch on the bench, ease him back in.
- Drop Nani. Been shit this season.
- Play without wingers and let the front 3 float about like against Newcastle. Let the full-backs provide width when needed and try to pressure Spurs high up the pitch through the middle. AVB hasn't been playing with much width this season.

This won't happen cos we will undoubtedly go 442 but I hope it does. Wednesday night was very promising tactically and whilst our wingers are out/in bad form a set up like that one would work as well as help out the midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom