• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Salvadora

Scholes: 'Of course I can tackle - I only crunched players to exact revenge'

aoe4I.gif

‘I was just getting people back. If someone got me early in the game, it was always in the back of my mind that I needed to get them back.

Salazar

He talks bollocks. I can't remember Zabaleta tackling him poorly in the FA Cup Semi Final but that didn't stop him kicking him studs down in the theigh.

:lol

You're not quite doicare, but I dunno about your memory being an immaculate record of a football match involving City and United.

Salvadora

Arteta - I still feel so young on the pitch
“I still feel really young and I always have that mentality,” he told Arsenal Player. “For me the age matters only to a point.

“You feel good - you have that enthusiasm and you love coming into training every day as I do. You play the games and feel proud of where you are. I think that takes your age right down.”

Arteta is one of the eldest members of the first-team squad and was named vice-captain by Arsène Wenger in the summer - a title the midfielder says he is privileged to hold.

“I’m quite passionate and I can’t really be quiet when my blood starts to flow or when things aren’t going well, or I think we need to do something more,” he said. “I tend to say something, always in a respectful way, and try to help us improve.

“For me it’s a big honour [to be vice-captain]. I haven’t been here for a long time. If he [Arsène Wenger] thinks I’m the right person to help Thomas [Vermaelen] lead this group, I’m more than happy with that.

“I take it very seriously and try to benefit the interests of the players and the Club. That’s what I will try to do this season.”
Such a classy man.

Fry

Blablurn, which players are your guaranteed starters?

Neuer
Lahm
Badstuber
Alaba
Schweine
Kroos (not sure what position)
Müller (same)
Robben
Gomez

It's been pretty hard to find a permanent line-up with the inclusion of Dante, Shaqiri etc ;/

Blablurn

Blablurn, which players are your guaranteed starters?

Neuer
Lahm
Badstuber
Alaba
Schweine
Kroos (not sure what position)
Müller (same)
Robben
Gomez

It's been pretty hard to find a permanent line-up with the inclusion of Dante, Shaqiri etc ;/

Neuer

Lahm - Boateng - Badstuber - Alaba

Müller Shaqiri Schweinsteiger

Robben Gomez Ribery

:-o

won the last online games with that squad. that offense is a beast. and gomez is so much better in fifa than in real life lol. it's not even funny anymore. havent played much with dante and kroos to be honest :/ müller seems to be the better finisher. this is y i always use them.

Fry

Neuer

Lahm - Boateng - Badstuber - Alaba

Müller Shaqiri Schweinsteiger

Robben Gomez Ribery

:-o

won the last online games with that squad. that offense is a beast. and gomez is so much better in fifa than in real life lol. it's not even funny anymore. havent played much with dante and kroos to be honest :/ müller seems to be the better finisher. this is y i always use them.

Goddamn, I have to try that one. :lol

I recommend giving Kroos a try. He's been by far my best player. I think he scores more goals than Gomez!

Robben is probably my second best.

Blablurn

Goddamn, I have to try that one. :lol

I recommend giving Kroos a try. He's been by far my best player. I think he scores more goals than Gomez!

Robben is probably my second best.

alright, i will give kroos another chance! robben is really great too. coming from the wing, going inside... but unlike in real life... he actually scores in fifa with his beautiful left foot :D it's easy when u manage to go through the defense. the only problem is, i suck at the defense, even when i'm leading 2:0, i always conceed a goal in online matches. so annoying.

qindarka

Banned
Lol, ultra-attacking line-up. Reminds me of a time when I lost 5-1 as Liverpool to a Man U team fielding this:

......RVP.......ROoney.....Hernandez.....Welbeck
..................Kagawa.....Valencia
.Buttner......Vidid.........Ferdinand.......Rafael
.......................De GEa

Fry

Haha, I never tried an ultra-attacking line-up before. Definitely will now, shit will be cray.

alright, i will give kroos another chance! robben is really great too. coming from the wing, going inside... but unlike in real life... he actually scores in fifa with his beautiful left foot :D it's easy when u manage to go through the defense. the only problem is, i suck at the defense, even when i'm leading 2:0, i always conceed a goal in online matches. so annoying.

I fucking suck at keeping a lead. Really. I have 75 wins and 52 losses already. Stuck on div 3!

Fry

Think Martinez would work in Boateng's place.

Heynckes is an idiot if Alaba will start. After a fatigue fracture, a player shouldn't play 2 matches in a few days.

I'm very curious to see who'll go to the bench.

Fry

Yep, PSG are really good. Lavezzis stats are simply insane.. one of the best players in the game lol.

These two are fucking absurd. Even I don't think Ibra should be that good on Fifa. :lol

Go to the arena and practice with Ibra. His shots are like magnets. I almost don't miss one, even from long range.

Nyx

These two are fucking absurd. Even I don't think Ibra should be that good on Fifa. :lol

Go to the arena and practice with Ibra. His shots are like magnets. I almost don't miss one, even from long range.

You should see C.Ronaldo in PES 2013, even when he shoots from his own half, they fly into the top corner.....

He looks great at times, but it's hard to rate him objectively. I'm sure he wouldn't be able to do half the shit he does if he played in any respectable European league.
I guess it's best to him to go to Spain to pound on smaller teams and look good while doing so.

e9KxN.jpg

(not mine)

^ I don't get it. We dominated Bayern for the past two years and we didn't look too bad vs. City in Emptyhad, so if it's meant to be sarcastic - then it ain't funny.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Terry statement:

"After careful consideration, I have decided not to appeal against the FA judgment.

"I want to take this opportunity to apologise to everyone for the language I used in the game against Queens Park Rangers last October.

"Although I'm disappointed with the FA judgment, I accept that the language I used, regardless of the context, is not acceptable on the football field or indeed in any walk of life.

"As I stated in the criminal case, with the benefit of hindsight my language was clearly not an appropriate reaction to the situation for someone in my position. My response was below the level expected by Chelsea Football Club, and by me, and it will not happen again.

"Looking forward, I will continue to do my part in assisting the club to remove all types of discriminatory behaviour from football. I am extremely grateful for the consistent support of Chelsea FC, the fans and my family."

4 match ban starts with Saturday's game at White Hart Lane.

JesusTom

Haha, should be in for a treat then. With the wonder that is Amazon Prime, I'll order the second season as soon as I'm hooked :)

Also, anyone seen this from the BBC website.
Two Poland fans who became overnight Internet stars after invading their national stadium's waterlogged pitch ahead of a cancelled World Cup qualifier against England will learn whether they face time behind bars for their antics today.

The two men, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, were arrested on Tuesday in Warsaw's Kazimierz Gorski Stadium after managing to slalom around pursuing stewards amid a deluge. One of them managed a sliding belly-flop in the water, as fans in the packed 58,000-capacity arena roared him on.

Under Poland's anti-hooligan legislation, the duo and a third fan who also invaded the pitch could face up to three years in prison, community service or a fine.

Can't believe it could be jail time!

Top Bottom