• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Arnie

SUSO SUSO SUSO SUSO

"I am really happy. Liverpool are one of the biggest clubs in the world and this is the right place for me.

"I am happy Brendan has shown trust in me. I had no questions about signing a new deal and I am really glad to have done so.

"I am comfortable here. I have played some games for the first team and I hope to continue doing that, but I need to work hard every day for that to happen.

"This is one of the best days of my life."

suso500.jpg

And my pizza's ready. And I've got Wednesday v Leeds tonight. And I'm watching the Godfather 2 afterwards. And I've just jizzed my pants. And Wilbury returns today.

Arnie

We would they need a striker if they have Yesil? They should buy Walcott as backup and be done with it.

Yesil will be in the squad for Reading. He'll get quite a bit of game time in the coming months, perhaps starting with Anzhi on Thursday.

Arnie

Don't slop pizza down your nawty article of clothing you are wearing.

I am actually wearing a Warrior LFC t-shirt that came with my home shirt as a free pre-order bonus. It's all fairly pathetic, but I don't care. I'll be suiting up in a bit, anyway.

Sturridge or Bent. A top level player will have to wait until the summer, I think.
I don't know how much Rodgers rates Sturridge considering he wasn't prepared to move on a permanent deal, and Bent's not even in the equation.

elsk

Banned
Yesil will be in the squad for Reading. He'll get quite a bit of game time in the coming months, perhaps starting with Anzhi on Thursday.

All is set for him to make a nice impression, Liverpool not having strikers and the italian guy being injured. He can't ask for more!

I doubt he will stay in Liverpool if he doesn't get first team action.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I don't know how much Rodgers rates Sturridge considering he wasn't prepared to move on a permanent deal, and Bent's not even in the equation.

Bent will be in the equation when he hands in a transfer request in January. He'd be perfect.

elsk

Banned
Man, I'm watching the FC Bayern 4-0 FC Ismaning highlights and I don't get why Weiser isn't playing with the first team already. He's much better than Mueller in the RW position.

Arnie

Fuck off Arnie :p
The more the merrier. At least this lad's actually mega talented, unlike baldy Tom.
Bent will be in the equation when he hands in a transfer request in January. He'd be perfect.
He's also be expensive, even with a transfer request. I'm tired of British premiums.

I'd take Walcott, but I'd be wary of paying masses of money for Sturridge or Bent that could be preserved for a truly top rate signing in summer.

GorillaJu

Don't think we'll be going for a Bent type striker. We had the opportunity to sign Jelavic but passed on him, and he's quite similar to Bent.

Arnie

Yep.

They score goals. Liverpool dinnit want that from their strikers.

I dinnit want to pay a British premium, though. Bent would cost in excess of £15 million. That's money that could be held and accumulated for a truly top striker in the summer. Someone of a Suarez calibre, a star player, a Torres replacement.

Not Darren Bent. I would've had Fletcher though, he's too good a finisher to pass up.

Timurid

I dinnit want to pay a British premium, though. Bent would cost in excess of £15 million. That's money that could be held and accumulated for a truly top striker in the summer. Someone of a Suarez calibre, a star player, a Torres replacement.

Not Darren Bent. I would've had Fletcher though, he's too good a finisher to pass up.

Jovetic is your man.

GorillaJu

I think the space Jovetic plays in is a space somewhat unique to Serie A. You don't ever see strikers in the PL occupying those zones that Jovetic moves around so freely in when he's playing out wide.

Bumhead

Banned
Neil Warnock said:
To have the best part of 30,000 there for a Friday night game that’s live on television shows the potential at both clubs. This could quite easily be a Premier League fixture.

“It’s a massive club. When they [Wednesday] have been relegated over the years, the fans have always stuck with them.

“They were getting average crowds of about 21,000 in League One. Their fans and the Leeds fans are very similar. The atmosphere at places like Hillsborough is why I’m in football. I get stick at most places around the country but it’s always healthy stick at Sheffield Wednesday.

Nice one, Colin. He knows which side his breads buttered on in Sheffield!

Arnie

Nice one, Colin. He knows which side his breads buttered on in Sheffield!

Comparing Wednesday and Leeds fans is a bit of a low blow, though. I actually quite like Warnock, even if he is a trademark cunt, don't mind a bit of passion from a football manager. Unless it's AVB, in which case I'll use it as a bullet point to have a pop at him.

Being sarcastic of course.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Wenger said Wilshere will feature with the reserves on Monday night & then he's 100% back.

It will be interesting to see how quickly he gets back into the swing of things. They need more bite in midfield now that Diaby has entered the Twilight Zone for the umpteenth time.

Bumhead

Banned
I actually quite like Warnock, even if he is a trademark cunt, don't mind a bit of passion from a football manager.

I've warmed to Warnock alot since he left the Blades. He was treated appallingly by United and I don't think he'll ever forget that. He definitely seems to speak higher of us than he does them, publicly at least, nowadays. One of United's most successful ever employee's and he can't stand them. That's about right!

He's right, this should be a Premiership fixture. I hope it will be. Can't stand Leeds fans (I've experienced trouble everytime we've played them both home and away) but tonight is gonna be gooooood.

Good luck with your media stuff as well; I did catch your post earlier about that but didn't get time to reply. Let us know how it goes after the game.

Meier

Liverpool should buy jovetic and give juve the finger!!!!!

Can't see Liverpool spending the £21m required. Anyone would be smart to buy him though.. seriously hope we do. As talented as Mario is, I'd prefer we ship him back off to the San Siro and buy Jo-Jo. Better for squad unity and I'm sure Nastasic would love to play with him again.

Salvadora

It will be interesting to see how quickly he gets back into the swing of things. They need more bite in midfield now that Diaby has entered the Twilight Zone for the umpteenth time.
I've read encouraging stuff about his games with the reserves, fitness aside.

elsk

Banned
division three is killing me, i lose every game :(

Use this:

4-2-3-1

Lahm - Boateng - Dante - Alaba
Luiz Gustavo - Schweinsteiger
Robben - Shaqiri - Ribéry
Mandzukic

Easy win. Just make a cross and Mandzukic will do one of his beautiful headers.

Arnie

Good luck with your media stuff as well; I did catch your post earlier about that but didn't get time to reply. Let us know how it goes after the game.
Cheers, quite excited for the match.

Can't see Liverpool spending the £21m required. Anyone would be smart to buy him though.. seriously hope we do. As talented as Mario is, I'd prefer we ship him back off to the San Siro and buy Jo-Jo. Better for squad unity and I'm sure Nastasic would love to play with him again.
I can assure you if it's a player of Jovetic's quality we'll spend big. As I say, we've saved £20 odd million this season through wages alone, we've got all our commercial interests, as well as £25 million from Warrior, and whatever money's raised from Carroll.

This idea that Liverpool won't spend any money is a fallacy built on a summer of conservative spending because the summer before that we spent big. The fans want a star striker, the club is desperate for goals, and the manager and owners are fully aware of it.

Alduin

Diouf: Gerrard is 'egotistical'

"I have done things but others have done worse. I am an easy target, people talk about me no matter what," Diouf said. "Okay, I have hurt people and I regret that. But I have never been to prison, I have never injured anyone on the pitch.

"After people gave me the 'bad-boy' image, I had to deal with it. Bad boy? It makes me laugh. It doesn't bother me. I prefer that people talk about me, whether good or bad. I leave my mark wherever I go.''

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...iouf:-steven-gerrard-is-'egotistical'?cc=4716

I really love Diouf.

Meier

This idea that Liverpool won't spend any money is a fallacy built on a summer of conservative spending because the summer before that we spend big. The fans want a star striker, the club is desperate for goals, and the manager and owners are fully aware of it.

I guess we'll see how it turns out. I guess you guys did stump up the cash for Allen which is a much less glamorous purchase so perhaps you're right. Jo-Jo will be great for whoever he signs with though, of that I'm sure.

Top Bottom