• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Meier

Oh fuck, incredible pass by Odemwinghie, Long scores.. their first real attempt in the entire match. Disappointing.

Choc

Banned
So as a referee, do you feel it's acceptable for a referee to make decisions based on reputation, not what actually happens during a match?

Edit: Shelvey, what a shit first touch.

its not acceptable no but its human nature. If you know a player has a reputation its in your head. I am not saying it is @ all anyway acceptable to not give a foul you know is a foul because he is a dick, but in a situation where its 50/50 foul or no foul, the player with a reputation is less likely to get the foul given

i am not saying thats right, i am saying thats the way it is and it will never change because thats human nature. Works the other way as well if a ref knows a player is honest so to speak or has a reputation fo rit, they are more likely to get the foul

it would be awesome if that wasn't the case but our brains really don't allow for that. I don't go on the field and think oh X player is a diving fuck no fouls for him, but you see players with reputations don't get the fouls. Suarez has had a lot of fouls this season not given that should have been, that is wrong and should not happen but its a direct response imo to his reputation.

fuenf

Can't believe how many people are surprised by this. Dortmund will have a hard time getting even forth place by the end of the season.

i think Dortmund will start a little streak now:

27.10.2012 15:30 Sport-Club Freiburg : Borussia Dortmund
03.11.2012 15:30 Borussia Dortmund : VfB Stuttgart
10.11.2012 15:30 FC Augsburg : Borussia Dortmund
17.11.2012 15:30 Borussia Dortmund : SpVgg Greuther Fürth
24.11.2012 15:30 1. FSV Mainz 05 : Borussia Dortmund
27.11.2012 20:00 Borussia Dortmund : Fortuna Düsseldorf

before they play Bayern.

West Brom 1-0 Man City

untitled-3ynzgv.gif

spidye

Can't believe how many people are surprised by this. Dortmund will have a hard time getting even forth place by the end of the season.

well after dominating the league for two years I was expecting more.
and I believe everyone else did too. I don't think anyone was expecting dortmund to struggle like they do

Mastadon

Banned
its not acceptable no but its human nature. If you know a player has a reputation its in your head. I am not saying it is @ all anyway acceptable to not give a foul you know is a foul because he is a dick, but in a situation where its 50/50 foul or no foul, the player with a reputation is less likely to get the foul given

i am not saying thats right, i am saying thats the way it is and it will never change because thats human nature. Works the other way as well if a ref knows a player is honest so to speak or has a reputation fo rit, they are more likely to get the foul

it would be awesome if that wasn't the case but our brains really don't allow for that. I don't go on the field and think oh X player is a diving fuck no fouls for him, but you see players with reputations don't get the fouls. Suarez has had a lot of fouls this season not given that should have been, that is wrong and should not happen but its a direct response imo to his reputation.

I think you're spot on, but if you're allowing for human nature when making decisions like that, you you have to expect the same from the fans. I don't think it's massively out of the ordinary to act as our fans have today.

Choc

Banned
Surely you liverpool fans would agree suarez would be a better player if he didn't have his theatrics and just focused on the football. Thats the shame of it, he clearly has skill

He pisses me off because sometimes he represents everything wrong with professional football and diving these days.

If he stopped it, i could respect him. Even in football manager 2013 has a reputation of diving, its mentioned in the media papers lol

Sloane

Banned
well after dominating the league for two years I expected more.
and I believe everyone else did too. I don't think anyone expecting dortmund struggling they do
Think I wrote it at the beginning of the season, they lack the proper motivation this year, among other things. Maybe they'll reach the QF in the CL but in the Bundesliga they might only qualify for the Euro League.

Choc

Banned
I think you're spot on, but if you're allowing for human nature when making decisions like that, you you have to expect the same from the fans. I don't think it's massively out of the ordinary to act as our fans have today.

i'm not saying that fans will not side with players, thats fine and going to happen. Just they are being knobs when liverpool is getting an offside cool for example, ironic jeers to the linesman who uh hasn't missed a trick yet so there is no reason for it. Basically as a ref thats kinda pissing me off ;) We defend our own, after all we are an endangered species

Mastadon

Banned
Surely you liverpool fans would agree suarez would be a better player if he didn't have his theatrics and just focused on the football. Thats the shame of it, he clearly has skill

He pisses me off because sometimes he represents everything wrong with professional football and diving these days.

If he stopped it, i could respect him. Even in football manager 2013 has a reputation of diving, its mentioned in the media papers lol

Oh completely, several Liverpool-GAF members have expressed their frustrations in this thread. It's incredibly annoying. What annoys me is the extreme visceral reactions Suarez seems to attract compared to someone like Bale, who for my money is a much bigger culprit.

Top Bottom