• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

kharma45

There are foreign people (polish?) knocking on my door. Some dodgy looking guy who couldn't speak English last night and some hot woman who said "wrong door" today.

Am I going to get stabbed?

Yes.

I'd have the same feelings if someone called, I hate being alone at night haha :(

I'll trade this for one next week.

plz

I think we both know the answer to that!

I can't believe it's so close though, should be the closest derby in years on paper. I just hope we through the form book out the window and finally start playing well, If not we've always got Shola ;)

And Fletcher will stop his little goal run next week.

(I hope)

Hixx

I think we both know the answer to that!

I can't believe it's so close though, should be the closest derby in years on paper. I just hope we through the form book out the window and finally start playing well, If not we've always got Shola ;)

And Fletcher will stop his little goal run next week.

(I hope)

We can't get any worse like... saying that it's similar to last season's first derby. Neither team had any real form coming in off the last season, you's ground out a win and went on for your best season in ages.

Our turn now

plz :(

Kyoufu

We can't get any worse like... saying that it's similar to last season's first derby. Neither team had any real form coming in off the last season, you's ground out a win and went on for your best season in ages.

Our turn now

You're a due a win aren't you? It has been a while.

That's why I love having a camera at the front door so I can spy on who's out there.

That's nifty. All I have is the hole thingy to look through to see who is on the other side.

kharma45

That's nifty. All I have is the hole thingy to look through to see who is on the other side.

It's a handy enough job. Wish the one in my student house worked, instead we've devised a secret ring for the doorbell for our friends to do so we know it's them haha.

Our turn now

True, I forget looking back now that we really had a frustrating start to last season. I remember raging in Shearer's bar when we lost 3-2 to West Brom (?) about how Ba couldn't carry us for an entire season. Which, to be fair, I was bang on about.

Should be a cracker though. I have to get to an away derby one time. Near impossible to get tickets though, maybe I'll strike out lucky again and get given a free ticket to the home derby by a complete stranger literally 3 minutes before kick-off again!

kharma45

According to the Daily Star
lol
Anzhi Makhachkala are ready to offer Nemanja Vidic a £12m-a-year contract on top of the £32m fee to United.

If there is any substance in that at all and the offer is real, United would be fools not to take it.

Hixx

lol
Anzhi Makhachkala are ready to offer Nemanja Vidic a £12m-a-year contract on top of the £32m fee to United.

If there is any substance in that at all and the offer is real, United would be fools not to take it.

Ferguson will want Eto'o in p/ex.

And will give Anzhi £5m

Fry

What did you guys do in your saturday night? (UK)
Here is still early (19h14), and I'll be
cleaning my room! =(

K1LLER7

lol

I'd take that, Plus give them Macheda for free.

cleaning my room! =(

I slept through most of it and then spent another good percentage of the waking hours shitting. You know how bad your shit smells when you have drunk way too much the night before? It's also like acid coming out.

Kyoufu

Won 60 quid from the CAF qualifiers. Was facing a loss until the Senegal game was abandoned lol. Thank you angry fans.

jtb

Banned
cleaning my room! =(

It's still pretty early but I saw Argo (disappointed, but still a good movie) and Looper (enjoyed it a lot) earlier today.

Yen

cleaning my room! =(

Saturdays is when old people (like Jeff) go out. I should've hung up all my washing and hoovered my bedroom but #YOLO

Did GAF have a thread on Gawker vs Reddit? I'm reading a few articles on the "world's biggest troll" getting unmasked. Good read.

dc89

Mancini's been told if he wants to land a big name in Jan (Jovetic, Falcao or Isco) he needs to get City to the last 16 of the CL.

dc89

Banned Newspaper have an article which claims MCFC academy players have been told to use Barry and Hart as role models and not Balotelli. No shit.

Hixx

Gareth Barry runs like an asthmatic kid with a fucking massive arse no one wants to see him as a role model

Hoping Zenit are still interested :lol.

Think I read in a paper before that Nani wasn't happy with the wages they were offering. Seems like Fergie wants to sell.

We are definitely not. Nani demanded 10 million a year in wages. That's more than we're paying Hulk and Witsel combined.

K1LLER7

Mancini's been told if he wants to land a big name in Jan (Jovetic, Falcao or Isco) he needs to get City to the last 16 of the CL.
Isco wouldn't leave IMO. Spurs were interested in the summer along with United. Malaga said he wasn't for sale. The way he's played so far this season, doubt he'd be sold. But then It's City and no one knows what #BasedMarwood will do ;)

We are definitely not. Nani demanded 10 million a year in wages. That's more than we're paying Hulk and Witsel combined.
But he can play on both wings, use both feet (just about) and he'll give you one good game every 4 months. Why would Zenit not give him what he wants?

dc89

Gareth Barry runs like an asthmatic kid with a fucking massive arse no one wants to see him as a role model

When Barry is missing from the City side you can tell. When he's in it, you wonder what all the fuss is about.

That sums him up perfectly. He's a great player.

But he still looks like a right fucking spanner.

image.php

No offense if its you:p

jtb

Banned
That sucks. :( Will read your post on the OT, assuming you're already posted there

yeah, I posted a longer bit in the OT, but it mainly came down to a lack of heart (which was bc of a lack of character development). Extremely well done film though, very funny, very tense.

Should be the other way around.

It mainly just came down to the high expectations (and all the Oscar buzz) surrounding Argo, and relatively lower expectations (expecting a well thought out, pulpy sci-fi film) for Looper. Argo's the better film, no doubt about it, but I enjoyed both a lot. Looper felt like it had a lot of missed opportunities, biggest one being
the fucking TK shit. That was all pointless. If the "rainmaker" did it all at once, couldn't that have been done via... time travel? Which is what the movie happens to be about?
and the kid storyline just draaaaged. But it was fun seeing Bruce Willis kick ass. Looper was just fuckin' bleak, and you just don't get movies like that very often anymore.

rodvik

Banned Newspaper have an article which claims MCFC academy players have been told to use Barry and Hart as role models and not Balotelli. No shit.

Shouldnt they be using Micah Richards as a role model? I mean he is actually a graduate right?

rodvik

When Barry is missing from the City side you can tell. When he's in it, you wonder what all the fuss is about.

That sums him up perfectly. He's a great player.

He is. Just does a lot of things that dont catch the eye.

God I miss him, and Milner. (blubber) I promised I wouldnt cry over him again.

(waves hand to hide his tears)

dc89

Shouldnt they be using Micah Richards as a role model? I mean he is actually a graduate right?

Yup. It's no doubt just BS made up. I wonder if City will compile a dossier on the journo and threaten him and ask him who his mole is?

Top Bottom