• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Mumei, I think i recall you being very supportive of banning the word "c***". EviLore then dramatically announces its no longer prohibited. Mumei is active on the Football thread and immediately realises he'd have to browse through pages and pages of people using this ugly word and then resigns as a matter of principle.

Am I close?

Sloosha

7IcZA.gif

Who is this Sal? She has lovely hair.

Today has been like Christmas: Free games and that amazing SE bundle.

Mumei

I know it is not exactly something you could be aware of but any idea if Hitokage's recent change in position is a sign of things to come? Will there be a general change in direction of the forum ? Those things can obviously happen, I just want to ask.

Well, it's something I could be aware of, but I'm not. I can only presume that new moderators will be found, and new moderators always mean some degree of change.

Mumei, I think i recall you being very supportive of banning the word "c***". EviLore then dramatically announces its no longer prohibited. Mumei is active on the Football thread and immediately realises he'd have to browse through pages and pages of people using this ugly word and then resigns as a matter of principle.

Am I close?

Meus, I liked your avatar better when you had the tinfoil on. And I am still reading the thread so that puts a damper on your speculative fiction.

GorillaJu

But is your loss of modship related to the c word?

The c-word is a rather small matter in the general problem that Evilore was highlighting in his OT are cunts thread.

I imagine it was more like, mumei was given modship to go along with the team's decision to clamp down harder on gender insults and misogyny, then when Evilore decided he didn't like the direction things were going, he probably asked some the mods who came on recently if they'd like to step down so he could re-assess how he wants to run the moderation side.

I imagine the whole thing being much more civil than people would like to believe.

I'm watching Neymar videos on YouTube. Guy is amazing, but it seems his style depends on large amounts of space to run at. I wonder how he'd fare against a Chelsea style of football

Meus, I liked your avatar better when you had the tinfoil on. And I am still reading the thread so that puts a damper on your speculative fiction.

How about you arguing quite a bit against there being an oversensitive PC GAF, then Evilore makes a thread just about that and at the same times allows the c word, that seems like it completely went against a lot of the things you had been fighting for in that huge is GAF too strict thread.

I'm watching Neymar videos on YouTube. Guy is amazing, but it seems his style depends on large amounts of space to run at. I wonder how he'd fare against a Chelsea style of football

He doesn't seem that amazing whenever I have actually seen him play full matches rather than small clips from matches, constantly making dumb decisions on Torres level and most of the time losing the ball with far better options than dribbling, which he of course chose to do anyway. Talent no doubt, but also seems like someone who would flop pretty hard at a big European club because of his play style.

I imagine the whole thing being much more civil than people would like to believe.

I imagine he got pics of them all in compromising positions and threatened to release them if they would not step down and keep quiet about it!

Kenka

The c-word is a rather small matter in the general problem that Evilore was highlighting in his OT are cunts thread.

I imagine it was more like, mumei was given modship to go along with the team's decision to clamp down harder on gender insults and misogyny, then when Evilore decided he didn't like the direction things were going, he probably asked some the mods who came on recently if they'd like to step down so he could re-assess how he wants to run the moderation side.
Probably that.

Well, it's something I could be aware of, but I'm not. I can only presume that new moderators will be found, and new moderators always mean some degree of change.
OK, let's just not care much about it anymore.

XCOM-EU_Chrysalid.jpg

Fuck you!

odd_morsel, I bought you back from the dead because you died along with every other damn soldier, so I'm gonna restart the mission. You were first to run into the fray, and the last to die somehow

Lets see if it goes better this time, might need to put you and Sage00 in, you're two of my few experienced soldiers. Might be time to start training up AA, PaulLFC and Meus as well.

What's happened to Sage btw? There's a few people in the paid FPL league who never come in here anymore. Sage, Joe, bjaelke, kharma45, Swance and Keio in particular

sohois

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120524085414/xcom/images/6/6a/XCOM-EU_Chrysalid.jpg[IMG]

Fuck you!

odd_morsel, I bought you back from the dead because you died along with every other damn soldier, so I'm gonna restart the mission. You were first to run into the fray, and the last to die somehow

Lets see if it goes better this time, might need to put you and Sage00 in, you're two of my few experienced soldiers. Might be time to start training up AA, PaulLFC and Meus as well.

What's happened to Sage btw? There's a few people in the paid FPL league who never come in here anymore. Sage, Joe, bjaelke, kharma45, Swance and Keio in particular[/QUOTE]

Just because people don't post 900 times in an OT doesn't mean they have vanished from the thread completely Hitcher.

They're all dead

It makes me sad to think that they, or at least one of them, actually could be dead and none of us would know about it. I'm gonna write a will with instructions to log into here and RAWK and let everyone know that I'm dead :D

edit: Fuck you sohois, don't be jealous of my mad posting skillz. I honestly don't recall seeing Sage, Joe, Swance of Keio for a long time

Yen

It makes me sad to think that they, or at least one of them, actually could be dead and none of us would know about it. I'm gonna write a will with instructions to log into here and RAWK and let everyone know that I'm dead :D

Your post on RAWK would be deleted by the moderators, sorry, I mean "editors", for going off topic.

edit: Fuck you sohois, don't be jealous of my mad posting skillz. I honestly don't recall seeing Sage, Joe, Swance of Keio for a long time

I've got instructions in my will to log on and PM a mod asking them to change my username to PS Vita.

sohois

Heh, I was just joshing you there. Incidentally you've fallen well behind this thread, Andres has opened up a commanding lead at the top of the posting table.

You may also have a point about some of those members, searching through OT5 Who Posted for their usernames produces no results. Except for Kharma, he has about 20 posts in this thread already.

Imagine the reaction if they made a thread in Gaming called PS Vita Is Officially Dead, and it was an announcement of your death

lols would be had

Andres is killing it this thread

How long do goldfish live for? I might get one and call it that. And then post it in the wrong forum by mistake.

Heh, I was just joshing you there. Incidentally you've fallen well behind this thread, Andres has opened up a commanding lead at the top of the posting table.

You may also have a point about some of those members, searching through OT5 Who Posted for their usernames produces no results. Except for Kharma, he has about 20 posts in this thread already.

I'll go back to normal posting rates next week, I've been on holiday for two weeks with nothing to do. Also not really bothered about this round of qualifiers, while Andres has had something to talk about. How fast does the NFL thread move, since that's an American based sport? This one's absolutely rapid

XCOM-EU_Chrysalid.jpg

Fuck you!

What's happened to Sage btw? There's a few people in the paid FPL league who never come in here anymore. Sage, Joe, bjaelke, kharma45, Swance and Keio in particular

I endorse this message.

Cunts.

I endorse this message.

Cunts.

I met them for the first time last night, they obliterated me. I thought I was doung okay, then one of them got a little too close as I was trying to shake off some sectoids, next thing you know they've killed my veteran, zombified 2 of my others, 1 of my heavies has no ammo left with a chrysalid standing next to her, and my assault guy is surrounded byabout 3 of the bastards. Frags and rockets next time I think

Kyoufu

I haven't made a bet since last weekend. Couldn't be bothered to look for the value on Friday

I've won 110 quid in the past 2 days. Was set to lose last night until Senegal fans decided to be sore losers by causing a riot :lol

Game abandoned and the game was a void in my accumulator. Woot.

Next set is easy money. Spain, Italy, Belgium etc all to win.

I've won 110 quid in the past 2 days. Was set to lose last night until Senegal fans decided to be sore losers by causing a riot :lol

Are they on Tuesday? Who's offering the best odds?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Sonia (Del Piero's wife) on Sydney:
Sonia Del Piero explains how her husband Alessandro is changing in Sydney and reveals some hidden talents.

“I was not afraid of coming to Sydney, because my mind was already predisposed towards a move away from Turin. Near or far, at that point it made little difference,” she told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“It is a wonderful city, though I didn’t know much about it beforehand. Our children are still so young that they adapt without problems. For now they are treating it as a long vacation, going to the beach, the zoo and the aquarium.

“I have already learned how to drive on the left hand side and with the internet I can chat with friends or even help organise things for my shop back in Turin.”

Sonia also revealed a different side to her husband and some unknown skills.

“People don’t realise how funny he is and how good he is at impressions. He’s also a great dancer and does an excellent Moonwalk!

“He is at his happiest when he scores and wins. I always say that for him I come after football, the kids and golf. He’s a very fun Dad, so when he comes home the children pretty much ignore me!

“Will being in Sydney change things? I don’t think so, although Ale does seem a little different already. He is someone who counts to a thousand before speaking, but the Sydney environment is making him relax. I’m happy about that.”

Meet your new challenger, Boateng!

I <3 you. I really do.

c1xLG.gif

And it seems we're in the minority! Worrying times ahead.

kharma45

XCOM-EU_Chrysalid.jpg

Fuck you!

I'm still here brah, was just banned for the last 3 weeks is all.

Are you betting on those 3 alone? I'm thinking of doing wins, plus Over 1.5 goals in games I'm unsure about

Top Bottom