• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

I've won 110 quid in the past 2 days. Was set to lose last night until Senegal fans decided to be sore losers by causing a riot :lol

Game abandoned and the game was a void in my accumulator. Woot.

Next set is easy money. Spain, Italy, Belgium etc all to win.

Woah congrats, was watching that Senegal vs Ivory Coast game, incredible scenario with the fans settings the stands on fire. They even had the army and armoured cars on the pitch. Great stroke of luck for you though. You're almost convincing me to bet on Belgium next tuesday. Almost.

Just tuned in for Djoko vs Murray, seems like it's been an epic so far.

Kyoufu

Woah congrats, was watching that Senegal vs Ivory Coast game, incredible scenario with the fans settings the stands on fire. They even had the army and armoured cars on the pitch. Great stroke of luck for you though. You're almost convincing me to bet on Belgium next tuesday. Almost.

Just tuned in for Djoko vs Murray, seems like it's been an epic so far.

Mertens will score a hat-trick.

GorillaJu

It's a Fourfolds bet so I can afford some losses.

Well they got spanked by Spain in the Euros so I can't see them getting anything. Spain at home with all that tiki taka...

Spain never bring their A game to big friendlies, though. Right after the world cup they got tonked by Argentina and Portugal.

Mertens will score a hat-trick.

He would be worth more than 50m and you wouldn't be able to afford him anymore.

I kinda feel Charlie Adam will be too much to handle for Belgium anyway, I don't see us getting more than one point.

Spain never bring their A game to big friendlies, though. Right after the world cup they got tonked by Argentina and Portugal.

It's a qualifier I believe. They'll be focused at least. But yeah not sure they're going to beat France actually. Might put some money on France.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
2012%2f10%2fCole-Baines.png

I met them for the first time last night, they obliterated me. I thought I was doung okay, then one of them got a little too close as I was trying to shake off some sectoids, next thing you know they've killed my veteran, zombified 2 of my others, 1 of my heavies has no ammo left with a chrysalid standing next to her, and my assault guy is surrounded byabout 3 of the bastards. Frags and rockets next time I think

I was doing ok until I had a very difficult terror mission in Port Said in Egypt. Place was full of Chrysallids and lots of civilians to turn into zombies (and therefore more Chrysallids). It was a slaughter. Like you say, frags and rockets next time. Fucking assholes.

Fintan

Baines goals are mostly penalties, right? Still pretty impressive. Cole hardly ever scores. His goal against Stoke was his first in about 3 years, I think.

I remember reading an article at the end of last season about the assists of Chelsea players. Mata was top, but Cole was top in "assist assists" with something like 14, so he plays a pretty important role still, I think.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Other stats from the same article:

Ashley Cole has made as many key passes (30) in 39 league games since the start of last season as Leighton Baines has in just 7 games this season.

Leighton Baines is the leading PL player for both accurate crosses (25) and key passes (30) this season.

3Sixty

Every bar i went in last night played some variation of Gangam style.

This is our generations macarena

I know for some in here the macarena is your generations macarena

Salazar

Leighton Baines is the leading PL player for both accurate crosses (25) and key passes (30) this season.

You begin to see things from Moyes' (goblin-eyed) point of view, really.

He gets 15 million quid for Rodwell. Of course he's going to ask a fuck-off amount for Baineses.

Baines is an assists machine.

He only got 2 last season, but in the years before he had 11/9/7. Good numbers for attacking players never-mind a left back.

K1LLER7

I just had the most amazing/complete dream of my life. Feels bad to wake up :(
You signed for Bayern, CL Final and Robben wanted to take the penalty. You took the ball out of his hands and placed it at the penalty spot. Robben can't watch. A little stutter as you run up towards the ball, Cech moves to his right, at that moment you shoot to the left and......you wake up.

Zabojnik

Finished Dishonored. Fantastic experience and very very good game overall. Too bad about the last mission, didn't particularly care for it. The ending(s) could've been better too. Roll on X-Com! I wonder how long private Vincenzo Iaquinta will last.

qindarka

Banned
I'm surprised that most of seem to consider Robben's missed penalty to be the most important incident in the match. Olic's and Schweinsteiger's misses probably had a greater bearing on the result.

I'm surprised that most of seem to consider Robben's missed penalty to be the most important incident in the match. Olic's and Schweinsteiger's misses probably had a greater bearing on the result.

It's because he fucked up against BVB before and arguably cost Bayern the Bundesliga, too. He shouldn't have taken such an important one after that. But considering basically all other players except Neuer had no balls in that situation, it's actually hard to blame him now.

Nah, Bertrand is progressing very well. Baines is that young anymore, either.

Yeah Baines is fantastic, but would rather just see Bertrand getting a season as main left back when that time comes to see if he can take over and then if not, buy another younger left back than Baines will be at the time.

fuenf

Nah, Robbens penalty essentially summarizes the whole watch:

1) (ego driven) Robben took the penalty besides missing every important penalty / chance in his career
2) Gomez didnt step up, it was his time to take the ball away from Robben. Even worse Schweini couldnt even look at the PK.
3) Cech saved it and gained confidence for the shootout.
3) It would've been the death knell for Chelsea.

It's because he fucked up against BVB before and arguably cost Bayern the Bundesliga, too. He shouldn't have taken such an important one after that. But considering basically all other players except Neuer had no balls in that situation, it's actually hard to blame him now.

true! Neuer deserves a better team.

Top Bottom