• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Meh. Their broken shit games are still the best RPGs in the business.

No u

hhblW.jpg

I've just never been able to get over Obsidians games being close to broken most of the time, enjoyed a hell lot of RPGs a lot more than theirs ( of modern games: witcher, persona, deux ex, valkyria chonicles). Even been able to look over some games being kind of broken like with vampire the masquerade, but there's just something I can't get with Obsedians games... I tried to get into Alpha protocol so many times but without any luck and hated fallout new vegas. Really hoping that a 2d game will make it less buggy with South Park RPG though.

GorillaJu

Torres gave a really good interview, wow. Even for his standards, it was very candid. Of course the highlight for me is

Fernando Torres said:
Asked if he would go to England again if he could turn back the clock, Torres replied: "Definitely. Not just because of the professional experience but the personal one too. You start to see things in a different way, your perspective gets opened up."
"I owe Liverpool a huge amount," he said. "To the people, to the men in charge, to Benítez and his staff, to the city. Liverpool is a fundamental part of my life. They don't remember me that way, but time will change that.
"I could not have chosen a better place to go when I left Atlético. The other day when the news broke about Hillsborough, I felt emotional. I have experienced that, I know what the people have been through, I have seen them cry. I've lived that, I made it mine. This has arrived too late but it's another step [in the right direction]. And it is things like that that playing for Liverpool gives you: it's a feeling.
"I decided to leave because I had to take a step forwards. It wasn't the best way to have gone but nor were things exactly as they were sold [to people]. One day the truth will come out. In a sporting sense, nothing was happening; a new project was needed. We talked about that – about growth. My son is a Liverpool fan and he was already kicking a ball before he was one. He was born in the football city; he had no choice."

Sounds legit enough. Also, lets bring in his son. His daddy said he was a red Torres, Torres...

Kurtofan

No u

hhblW.jpg

I've just never been able to get over Obsidians games being close to broken most of the time, enjoyed a hell lot of RPGs a lot more than theirs ( of modern games: witcher, persona, deux ex, valkyria chonicles). Even been able to look over some games being kind of broken like with vampire the masquerade, but there's just something I can't get with Obsedians games... I tried to get into Alpha protocol so many times but without any luck and hated fallout new vegas. Really hoping that a 2d game will make it less buggy with South Park RPG though.

You're allergic to brilliance, I'm afraid. :p

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
México: Talavera; Meza, Huiqui, Rodríguez, Aldrete; Peña, Enriquez, Reyna, Guardado, DeNigris y Peralta

Oh Shit, No Chicharito :O

FUCK YES, CHATON :D

This is an extremely experimental lineup.

jtb

Banned
No u

hhblW.jpg

Deus ex came out like... 12 years ago. Fucking great game though. Anyways, I guess Obsidian seems to be the only developer who gives a shit about quality writing and choice and consequence and given they pull both of those so off so fucking well, I'll cut them some slack on the tech side of things. KoTOR 2 and Mask of the Betrayer probably have the best writing of any game of the past ten plus years (which, admittedly, is setting the bar really really low, but still... that's gotta count for something). So that's why I put them over CD Projekt (who still make pretty awesome games) and (lol) BioWare/Bethesda/other shit WRPG makers. And I don't really play JRPGS all that much. I've got high hopes for their kickstarter project.

Hieberrr

I think you guys need to change the coach, that guy is a joke.

We need a new manager and players. Most of our players are old, aren't very talented, and can't play team soccer. We have to be the only team that continuously passes in the air instead of keeping it on the pitch and our only method of attack are crosses. We really need a new generation of young players to emerge. That and Toronto should not be the home for the National team. We should play our matches around the country like the USMNT does (so we would play in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal).

It pisses me off how the only sports we, as a country, really care about are hockey and curling.

México: Talavera; Meza, Huiqui, Rodríguez, Aldrete; Peña, Enriquez, Reyna, Guardado, DeNigris y Peralta

Oh Shit, No Chicharito :O

FUCK YES, CHATON :D

This is an extremely experimental lineup.

do you honestly get excited watchin the shitty mexican team playing the same garbage teams from the area? I mean, they're already qualified, why bother watchin this "game"

elsk

Banned
We need a new manager and players. Most of our players are old, aren't very talented, and can't play team soccer. We have to be the only team that continuously passes in the air instead of keeping it on the pitch and our only method of attack are crosses. We really need a new generation of young players to emerge. That and Toronto should not be the home for the National team. We should play our matches around the country like the USMNT does (so we would play in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal).

It pisses me off how the only sports we, as a country, really care about are hockey and curling.

I guess it will get better when the MLS canadian teams start producing youth talented players, with all the money they're putting to build training grounds, etc. But you guys do have a lot of talented youth players, the canadian U23 even kicked USA U23 team in the pre-Olympic tournament. For example the young canadian u23 goalkeeper they had was plain amazing, the best of the tournament.

FootballFan

Gooooall MESSIIII :D that was pretty cool haha.

Chile don't deserve to be losing but they are.

edit
Wow dat drag back from Messi. :lol

Top Bottom