• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
GTA3
GTA:VC
GTA:SA
Splinter Cell
Splinter Cell: PT
Splinter Cell: CT
MGS2
MGS3:S
Ico
SotC
God of War
God of War 2
RE4
SH2
Jak&Daxter
Jak 2
Jak 3
PES
FFX
Persona 4
DMC
DMC3
Burnout 3: Takedown
GT4

Golden era?

Fry

Maybe he's going with someone elsk.

Badumm tish

iWvVEA0ur50yW.gif
iWvVEA0ur50yW.gif
iWvVEA0ur50yW.gif

GTA3
GTA:VC
GTA:SA
Splinter Cell
Splinter Cell: PT
Splinter Cell: CT
MGS2
MGS3:S

Ico
SotC
God of War

God of War 2
RE4
Jak&Daxter
Jak 2
Jak 3
PES
FFX
Persona 4
DMC
DMC3

Golden era?

I played the living shit out of these.

I didn't enjoy a single PS2 era GTA game.

Shit mechanics/controls and a big playground with fuck all to do. GTA4 was the first GTA I enjoyed because they started to realise that not having fuck-awful driving and shooting mechanics was probably a good idea if their game was going to be about driving and shooting.

(Not saying GTA4's shooting is great but it's an improvement over the gash they used to serve up)

I didn't enjoy a single PS2 era GTA game.

Shit mechanics/controls and a big playground with fuck all to do. GTA4 was the first GTA I enjoyed because they started to realise that not having fuck-awful driving and shooting mechanics was probably a good idea if their game was going to be about driving and shooting.

(Not saying GTA4's shooting is great but it's an improvement over the gash they used to serve up)

GTA:SA had the best vehicle handling of any open world game, or shooter

Except for the remote control plane

Linius

I really wonder what the Ass Creed 3 team was thinking when they made up names for the achievements in the game. They're funny :p

Except for the remote control plane

Fuck that mission.

This gen was saved by Dark Souls and The Witcher 2.

It has been a kind of shitty gen, especially the last years with everyone trying to mimmick the same few games, just the last few E3's were depressing as fuck with everything looking like CoD/Uncharted, from splinter cell to resident evil lol. Then we got IPs that just gets whored out with yearly updates that are basically the same games (ass creed!) and lose all creativity. Meh.

Moobabe

This gen was saved by Dark Souls and The Witcher 2.

There's been very few "classics" for me this gen - Bioshock, Mirror's Edge, the Souls games, To The Moon... that's about all I can think of. Some "good" stuff as well - RDR, GTA4, Witcher 2. Fallout: NV, Dishonored.

Wilbur

Banned
It's amazing. The best ever representation of the character Ian Fleming created.

Gonna go see it again next week. I can't fault it, after the QoS misstep it just did everything right.

Also I've tried so many times but I can't get into Demons Souls. It's annoying dying and remembering what to do a million times a level, it feels like revising and learning quotes and shit. Good combat though.

Fry

Is there any game from the current gen that any of you consider the best ever?

I wouldn't say that. But Bioshock is up there, for me. From the PS2 era, my favorite might be:

i1AqKK07vfBkA.jpg

Between MGS3 and SotC.

Is there any game from the current gen that any of you consider the best ever?

I wouldn't say that. But Bioshock is up there, for me. From the PS2 era, my favorite might be:

i1AqKK07vfBkA.jpg

Between MGS3 and SotC.

Not the best overall no, but Unhcarted 2 is probably my favorite action game.

I also really liked RE4, looking back at it it's kind of depressing though, truly the beginning of something terrible.

Wilbur

Banned
From this gen, I know Skyrim has its flaws but I've put 150 hours into it and I'm nowhere near done. So that, Uncharted 2, SMG, Portal and HeartGold are the games of the generation for me.

RDR would be there if not for Mexico. The Walking Dead will probably be there on the strength of the first 3 episodes I've played. That's what I can think of off the top of my head.

Fry

I also really liked RE4, looking back at it it's kind of depressing though, truly the beginning of something terrible.

:(

I'll have to get RE6, but only when I have some extra money. I need to see the damage they've done.

I still really liked RE5 though.

Cuddler

FFX, PES, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner and Persona 3/4 for ps2.
Folklore, Mirror's Edge, GT5, Valkyria Chronicles for ps3.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Bioshock is pretty awesome if you never played System Shock 2.

And I got my tickets for Skyfall too!

It has been a kind of shitty gen, especially the last years with everyone trying to mimmick the same few games, just the last few E3's were depressing as fuck with everything looking like CoD/Uncharted, from splinter cell to resident evil lol. Then we got IPs that just gets whored out with yearly updates that are basically the same games (ass creed!) and lose all creativity. Meh.
Agreed.
There's been very few "classics" for me this gen - Bioshock, Mirror's Edge, the Souls games, To The Moon... that's about all I can think of. Some "good" stuff as well - RDR, GTA4, Witcher 2. Fallout: NV, Dishonored.
Did you try Deux Ex? It's pretty damn fun.

K1LLER7

Dark souls/Demons souls have been the best games this gen for me. Dragons Dogma had potential. Street fighter 4 has to be up there too. Put hours and hours into it online and with friends. Resi 5 was great too.

Not really felt the uncharted series (apart from 2/vita), Bioshocks, Ass creed. CODs.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

I meant both ;)

Gonna go see it again next week. I can't fault it, after the QoS misstep it just did everything right.

Also I've tried so many times but I can't get into Demons Souls. It's annoying dying and remembering what to do a million times a level, it feels like revising and learning quotes and shit. Good combat though.

Give Dark Souls a shot, it's much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom