• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
After hearing about Vidic's latest injury I don't think he will ever be the same player he once was, it's a shame because for the last 3/4 years he has been immense. Sadly he's now looking at almost a year out and that would be hard to come back for anyone, but at his age especially, it's unlikely he will get back to his previous level as you'd expect him to be dropping off now anyway.

I think that means we need a new CB as much as we need a new CM. We do at least have Jones and Smalling who are promising but they have a way to go yet and you don't really win things without a solid top level defender, nevermind when you have a young GK and non-existent midfield.

I really don't know who we should look to sign to try and fill that void. The obv. answer is Hummels, but as good as he is, I don't know if he's a Vidic replacement. Is he somebody who can really attack the ball and make those last ditch tackles etc? Maybe he is, I haven't seen enough to be sure but he seems to be more a covering defender, a bit like Rio.

Yeah, agreed on all counts. I was gutted when I heard the news earlier, I think he's done.

From what I've seen of the Dortmund centre backs, Subotic is a little more like Vidic and would be worth a cheeky bid considering he wants to move one day to the PL (I think?). Santana's good as well, although neither are as good as Hummels.

Should have got Varane, fucking Madrid.

Clegg

I still think Jones will develop into a very good defender. But I agree that we'll need a top class player to take some of the load off Vidic.

Wilbur

Banned
Damn. Still no Internet.

Wilbz. How can you dislike Willkiller?

Well I don't read his posts because I have him on ignore but he's probably the worst. Hixx and I were PMing each other and we wrote this hate poem but we're just basing it on hearsay because we have him on ignore.

I still think Jones will develop into a very good defender. But I agree that we'll need a top class player to take some of the load off Vidic.
I think he'll be great, but probably not for a while. He's going to be coming back from a long lay-off himself and will need time to get his fitness and form.

But then again you don't want to go and buy somebody who blocks off the development of Jones and Smalling. Even so, Rio is close to the end now and with Vidic's future in the balance, we will have to look at bringing some CB reinforcements in sooner rather than later.

Wilbur

Banned

I think he's been far better at RB than in the centre or as DM, he doesn't have positional restraint yet. Massively talented though, it's odd to see the hate for him from some people here haha
fuck you Kyoufu

Smalling is better for now though. Can't wait until he's back.

RaGe_pt

What an amazing game from us tonight! :D
FC Porto 5 - Maritimo 0. Jackson Martinez and James Rodriguez on fire and Varela with an amazing goal! :D

Wilbur

Banned
United fans keep reminding me about RVP it makes me hate him all the more lol.

But he's so beautiful

robin-van-gay1.jpg

Clegg

I think he's been far better at RB than in the centre or as DM, he doesn't have positional restraint yet. Massively talented though, it's odd to see the hate for him from some people here haha
fuck you Kyoufu

Smalling is better for now though. Can't wait until he's back.

I agree with you on Smalling. I've always liked him as a player.

Jones has looked good at RB but Rafael has been so good there that you can't just parachute Jones straight back into the team. His future is at CB anyway. Jones will only ever be a stop gap RB in case of injury. Rafael is the man for the long term.

I really don't know who we should look to sign to try and fill that void. The obv. answer is Hummels, but as good as he is, I don't know if he's a Vidic replacement. Is he somebody who can really attack the ball and make those last ditch tackles etc? Maybe he is, I haven't seen enough to be sure but he seems to be more a covering defender, a bit like Rio.

No need to even think about whether Hummels is good enough for that or not, he won't join you in the next few years, simple as that. Might want to think about Subotic, though.

Wilbur

Banned
Want Mumei what? o_O

Look into your heart and you will find the answer.

I give it a week before the name is out. Max.

Too much pressure now and it will leak.

You'd be able to find out now if you put the effort in, can't hide anything nowadays. Injunctions and the like are only going to postpone it. Lawyers shouldn't be able to get fucking involved for something as grievous as paedophilia.

Wilbur

Banned
Of course it has to be a United shirt! Preferably a picture from tomorrow when he celebrates his hat trick.

You're gonna lose by the way Killer haha. No way do they not score against our shit defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom