• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splatt

Even Fady is furious.

ibaFMiPw0yxA9o.gif

lol perfect gif

Moobabe

Not sure where to start - or what I can add.

2 soft goals conceded early - but we restricted United to 2 shots on Target for 60 minutes - maybe you think I've got the "Chelsea goggles" on but we battered United when we realised that they're shite without Van Persie.

Ivanovic had to go by the letter of the law - the contact was minimal but it was there.

Torres, by the same token, shouldn't have been sent off. There's minimal contact but we'd seen a red for "minimal contact" moments before - Evans could have gone instead.

Rooney was correctly subbed after he could have been off for a second yellow.

And the winner? Well - there's nothing I can say. It was a wrong call and I'm not shocked that the referee is the focal point given who it was today.

Still; we fought with 9 men and exposed an average United side. I hope Arsenal and City batter this side in the coming weeks.

ElyrionX

Our game was quite shit for a good part of the match so we're lucky to come away with all three points. Like I said before, I think Torres was fouled and shouldn't have been sent off. But oh well, that's football for you.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
" ‏@FadyK85 :Congrats 2 all the United fans. Ur pathetic club wrongfully played against 9 men when it should have been 10 and "won" with an offside goal."

Fady is killing me I can't breathe here

This is what football does.

Clegg

Real talk:

I was delighted at how well we played for the first 30 minutes. We harried well and defended en masse. Gave Mata/Hazard/Oscar very little to work with.

Chelsea deserved to come back though as we had nobody in defence that wanted to take control when we were put under pressure.The last 20 minutes of the game was a farce.

United need Vidic back and a midfielder that can effectively control the tempo of the game as Chelsea were threatening to run away with it.

qindarka

Banned
Real talk:

I was delighted at how well we played for the first 30 minutes. We harried well and defended en masse. Gave Mata/Hazard/Oscar very little to work with.

Chelsea deserved to come back though as we had nobody in defence that wanted to take control when we were put under pressure.The last 20 minutes of the game was a farce.

United need Vidic back and a midfielder that can effectively control the tempo of the game as Chelsea were threatening to run away with it.

Thanks.

On one hand I would like to apologise to the Chelsea fans here because I think both reds weren't necessarily the easiest to call and of course that was offside. But the cunts in the stadium jeering every time Rio touches it and throwing stuff fuck me off a preposterous amount and make it hard for me to care; the one that shouted time wasting cunt at RVP after his late corner was particularly hilarious.

Delighted with the first half hour, not too happy until after the second Chelsea goal. Ivanovic was probably right by letter of the law, but an accident. Torres is a fucking idiot for diving so I don't have too much sympathy for him but it was pretty soft. Offside was offside, I have no problem with admitting that (although I guess it evens itself out, we had two not called against Braga). Sorry to the Chelsea lads in here, will look forward to the hate for Ferg, refs, United in general (especially in light of the Liverpool decision, which probably should have counted). Will try and ignore most of it haha.

Yeah hopefully for you guys you get some hard officiating against you when you play Galatasaray in the group and then things can even out next time you play city or something.

Dibbz

Fucking united fucking shit cunts.

Also massive fucking huge colossal fuck you to Juve for not buying RVP. You bunch of cock suckers. Someone snap him for fuck sake.

jtb

Banned
If we get a referee who's fair we'll be fine. Who cares what happens to Chelsea?

That's optimistic. We haven't won at Old Trafford in ages and we're usually complete shit against United (despite their terrible terrible midfield).

Empty

Rio being a general tosser probably has a hand in the booing to be fair.

if that's your justification there's plenty of united players to boo, yet only rio got it.

i really want to know how chelsea fans would explain to kids at the match asking why they were booing him.

Moobabe

if that's your justification there's plenty of united players to boo, yet only rio got it.

i really want to know how chelsea fans would explain to kids at the match asking why they were booing him.

Let's not pretend Chelsea's are the only fans to boo out of turn over something stupid shall we?

Lightning

Banned
I don't want to see a refereeing display like that regardless of the team.
Realistically no one does. But can't be helped I guess but I don't feel sorry for Chelsea since they are a classless club regardless.

I like the Chelsea fans on GAF but I despise those Chelsea fans at Stamford Bridge. They're something else.

That's optimistic. We haven't won at Old Trafford in ages and we're usually complete shit against United (despite their terrible terrible midfield).
I'm not expecting us to win or even draw. I've written that game down as a loss.

fuenf

Great idea Heynckes, shuffle the whole midfield. Oh well, at least he cant screw up something that already isnt working.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Fucking united fucking shit cunts.

Also massive fucking huge colossal fuck you to Juve for not buying RVP. You bunch of cock suckers. Someone snap him for fuck sake.

We're run by cheap bastards.

Wenger wanted the extra five millions too. :(

LegoArmo

It was 2-2, Chelsea were down to 10 men, United could have gone on to win anyway, no one knows.

It's unfortunate, but it happens. People get sent off, people don't get sent off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom