• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQman2121

Banned
The reverse leg at OT is in the first weekend of May. That could end up deciding the league. Regardless, hopefully both sides of supporters here on GAF will all be playing GTA V to cope with the result. :S

Moobabe

Lets try and be constructive about this: we cannot start the games so slowly. United weren't even particularly "good" per se at the beginning of the game, we were poor and they were clinical. They did build that into a decent start though.

Torres had some good runs/chances etc but ultimately still wasn't good enough.

We were running the game from just before our first goal and I didn't really a way back for united.

Ivanovic was unlucky, he wasn't making a challenge but he caught him and deserved to be sent off.
Torres sending off, there was contact, Clattenburg making a name for himself.

Looking forward... Sturridge up front on Wednesday, Azpilicueta can make that right back spot his if he plays well against United (Wednesday), Swansea (next weekend) and Liverpool.

We never gave up, Torres should have been subbed earlier tbh.

We started way too slow, agreed. We started to expose a pretty average United side when we started moving the ball at pace.

Torres didn't look happy though - his touch is poor, doesn't have the pace etc But he's trying and getting into decent positions.

We need to look forward though - we showed real fight today; guys like Mikel really stood up to be counted and hopefully he can carry that intensity forward and this result hardens us for the rest of season. We didn't deserve to lose - that I can handle - but we didn't deserve to lose like this.

Sturridge ahead of Marin, Piazon and Moses. Romeu and Mikel in the middle. Bertrand and Azpilicueta in at full back as well.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
What an accurate thread title.

You MUST watch that game and live it post by post.
rVw1Z.gif
rVw1Z.gif
rVw1Z.gif

Clegg

In fairness to the linesman, I don't think he can be blamed for not calling the Hernandez goal correctly.

Cech was obscuring his view .

SAMISAMISAMISAMISAMISAMISAMI

Football is alive

Still wear my 2000/01 shirt with Hyypia on the back, and I wear it with pride. In my triumvirate with Alonso and Gerrard

EliCash

if that's your justification there's plenty of united players to boo, yet only rio got it.

i really want to know how chelsea fans would explain to kids at the match asking why they were booing him.

easy, "he's an absolute tosser son and has been overrated for most of his career. And he had that stupid punk'd rip-off show on tv once"

It's not my justification, I'm not entirely serious don't worry. However, it's not as if Chelsea fans who boo him are immediately racists though. They're not booing him because his brother was racially abused. That's just nonsense. But whatever, people can think that if they want. I don't really care. No doubt a vast majority of Chelsea fans booing him are morons too.

I guess it makes a change for chelsea to blame the ref against Man U. For the last few season im pretty sure there has been a few dubious ref decisions for chelsea, anyway opens the league up a bit,

LegoArmo

easy, "he's an absolute tosser son and has been overrated for most of his career. And he had that stupid punk'd rip-off show on tv once"

It's not my justification, I'm not entirely serious don't worry. However, it's not as if Chelsea fans who boo him are immediately racists though. They're not booing him because his brother was racially abused. That's just nonsense. But whatever, people can think that if they want. I don't really care. No doubt a vast majority of Chelsea fans booing him are morons too.

Why do they boo Anton then? For being Rio's brother?

Yeah, great goal. Didn't even know he could do stuff like that. I think a tie was the best for both teams seeing how the match went down. Though I have to say that red wass bullshit.
Seeing Feyenoord play like this makes me fucking mad looking back at all the games we've bottled so far. But yeah, happy with the result.

Boëtius <3

qindarka

Banned

A lot of Chelsea fans are booing him because they believe he is an ass who has been behaving like an ass throughout this incident. My twitter feed ws filled with fans digging up shit on Rio. Whether this is fair is up to anyone to decide but I doubt they are booing him for the familial connection.

I guess it makes a change for chelsea to blame the ref against Man U. For the last few season im pretty sure there has been a few dubious ref decisions for chelsea, anyway opens the league up a bit,

YEah, they got decisions. They also got screwed on otehr occasions as well. What kind of point are you making here?

Clegg

Confuziz also said that English teams/United had been shit in Europe for years.

Forgetting that United had made 3 CL finals in 5 years.

Stupid, stupid stuff.

Timbuktu

Any idea what happened with the official on the ground with medics around towards the end at the bridge? For a minute I thought someone must have clobbered the linesman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom