• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Here's to you football GAF. See you around
emoessi.jpg

I saw the offside goal, I'll review the two reds. It's not just centred on that game, it's on refereeing in general.

Fair enough. There was stuff there that you kind of need to see for yourself though. Like Torres kicking Cleverley(?) in the chest. You may/may not have seen that as a red.

Arnie

Chelsea dominate -> Ivanovic red -> Torres red for "dive" -> Rooney off for Chicha -> Hernandez offside goal.

Good win.

Cheers for this.

Can I just clarify, because I'm a man of upmost integrity, that like the Jack Wilshere comment I wasn't the one who came up with 'Juan Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest'. I don't know why it's been falsly attributed to me, perhaps because I called for it earlier today, or perhaps because me and Yurt are romantically engaged, but seriously I can't take the credit for that one.

You have to mention the David Luiz handball. Imo maybe abit soft if it was given but I've seen referees point to the spot.

Im surprised it wasn't given and Luiz getting sent off.

Not bothered about Torres, Terry and Ivanovic out for League Cup. I'd expect this sort of team:

Turnbull
Azpili Cahill Luiz Bertrand
Romeu Oscar
Moses Mata Piazon
Sturridge.

RDM will want to win the league cup and I also think he will want to beat United after today (get some momentum back). We should play Cech but won't.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's disappointing to see 3 (?) games decided by bad offside calls in a single weekend.

To be fair we were all over Catania, they didn't deserve anything out of that game.

The disallowed goal was their *only* shot on target. We had 19/9 ffs.

Can someone explain something in Lost, without spoiling it

S5, Episode 4/5
When Jin is rescued by Rousseau and that, they say its 1988, but their clothes are clearly from the 2000s.
Is this an oversight, or is it explained?

@Hixx, what did it say? :p

Arnie

You have to mention the David Luiz handball. Imo maybe abit soft if it was given but I've seen referees point to the spot.

I saw that one and thought it wasn't a penalty. The ball was travelling too fast and Luiz was too close, and that's ignoring the fact that Luiz' hand wasn't in an abnormal position.

Anyway, it won't really be about the Chelsea game, nor about these subjective contests, but mostly focused on reinforcing the stonewallers, where there isn't a shadow of a doubt what the decision should be.

Fry

S5, Episode 4/5
When Jin is rescued by Rousseau and that, they say its 1988, but their clothes are clearly from the 2000s.

I think oversight, but it may be your nit-picking :p

May as well focus only on my local team until Kroos retires from football.

You're on fire there. :lol :lol :lol

qindarka

Banned
Phew, I think I'm over this defeat now. Was seriously angry during the match and its immediate aftermath and may have been rather hostile.

jtb

Banned

S5, Episode 4/5

@Hixx, what did it say? :p

It's explained by S5 being complete and utter shit. Truly the beginning of the end.

Fintan

Do you reckon offside decisions occur too often to be considered for future video tech?

I don't know how you'd implement video tech in relation to offside. I guess you could check every goal that's ruled offside to see whether it's actually offside, but what if it isn't called on an actually offside goal? Is it up to the other team to use a tennis style challenge or something like that? Or if an incorrect offside call stops a goalscoring chance, but not a goal?

I think it would be a really hard thing to get right. Maybe there are ways that human efforts to call offsides can be improved.

Or you know, something weird like the players wearing sensors or something equally high tech.

It's explained by S5 being complete and utter shit. Truly the beginning of the end.

I'm enjoying it. It has a few too many stories going on at once, Kate's in it too much, and it seems like its full of twists for twists' sake, but I'm having fun

Helped of course by Sawyer still being the fourth sexiest bastard on the planet

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Housemate needs Napoli to win tonight to net £380 from £2 on a 12 fold he had this weekend.

Rooting for it as he's taking us all for a drink if it comes in.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^Cavani is injured.
I don't know how you'd implement video tech in relation to offside. I guess you could check every goal that's ruled offside to see whether it's actually offside, but what if it isn't called on an actually offside goal? Is it up to the other team to use a tennis style challenge or something like that? Or if an incorrect offside call stops a goalscoring chance, but not a goal?

I think it would be a really hard thing to get right. Maybe there are ways that human efforts to call offsides can be improved.

Or you know, something weird like the players wearing sensors or something equally high tech.

It's VERY VERY hard to get these calls right. They happen too fast and it's hard to keep up. I'm with using hawkeye (Tennis) for offside calls!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom