• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

Can someone explain something in Lost, without spoiling it

S5, Episode 4/5
When Jin is rescued by Rousseau and that, they say its 1988, but their clothes are clearly from the 2000s.
Is this an oversight, or is it explained?

@Hixx, what did it say? :p

I put CoCCup when it should just be COCup.

Messi

Haven't you already tried this today?

Yep, For a while I felt like my need to be in FootyGAF has waned. I don't watch much football outside of barca. I don't talk about football here. I also see that I drag the chat down quite a bit when I am here. We all know I have well documented problems with net addiction. The reaction to me having a laugh with the thread title just made me reconsider my worth to the thread.

Also the Olivia stuff went from fun to over posting by me to some of you taking digs at me every single post. Sure it was good natured by some but it's tiresome. So I apologise for my part in the over posting.

I'll take a while out like I said I would do after the euros and see how that goes.

Yep, For a while I felt like my need to be in FootyGAF has waned. I don't watch much football outside of barca. I don't talk about football here. I also see that I drag the chat down quite a bit when I am here. We all know I have well documented problems with net addiction. The reaction to me having a laugh with the thread title just made me reconsider my worth to the thread.

Also the Olivia stuff went from fun to over posting by me to some of you taking digs at me every single post. Sure it was good natured by some but it's tiresome. So I apologise for my part in the over posting.

I'll take a while out like I said I would do after the euros and see how that goes.

:( Stop being daft.

Arnie

Here's a gif of the Torres tackle on Cleverley for Arnie.
Was it exactly the same?

How much intent was there do you think?

Don't be like that.

There's not a membership for posting here; it's not like you're 'in' or 'out' of footy gaf, none of us are. Just post when you're watching football, or post off topic shit when everyone else is. As a general theme though, I'm tired of Olivia Wilde, just like I'm tired of Tom Cleverley, or why someone else might be tired of Suso. Doesn't mean me or Salazar are going to stop posting though.

Fry

iWobAA4WIlKjg.gif

Hixx

Put them on ignore.

Apart from me. No one should do that. You'd never get quality posts like "CoCup" ever again.

rodvik

But I had just stopped hating Barca!

Lightning

Banned
It's actually funny to think about it. We've got the best defensive record in the league now. lol

Kinda funny given how dodgy our defending is.

Moobabe

Ignore the haters man - seriously, there's some new faces in footy GAF that I'm not huge fans of, some who have been calling out this Wilde stuff. It's an inside joke now, don't see why people get so wound up over it.

Stay with us and see if we can get the idiots to leave first.

LegoArmo

Was it exactly the same?

How much intent was there do you think?

Nah, not exactly, I don't think he left the ground and I think he connected with the upper arm instead of the chest, but it was very dangerous play.

Torres isn't as much of a JT as De Jong in my mind, so I might give him the benefit of the doubt.

Meier

Jebus, just looked at Chelsea's team in my FM save. They've signed Jovetic, Javi Martinez (after 1 year at Bayern), Gotze, Cavani and Walcott (as well as Lichtsteiner from Juve). For some reason they don't show Martinez's transfer fee to Bayern on his profile.

Messi

To be honest, it's more the addiction to the Internet than the Olivia stuff or anything else. I said I would take a break after the euros and then when it was over conveniently forgot about doing it. Someone even mentioned it.

Quick question, Did the Man U supporters act like this for the last few seasons when Chelsea had some very dodgy decisions (from memory) go for them?
I always think that supporters always seen to talk about the bad decisions and never bout the ones that do go for them, but i guess thats just football.

Jensen

For what it's worth I liked the thread title (even though I usually dislike inside jokes).

While I think the spending a lot of time browsing the internet, and GAF in particular, is a waste of time you don't have to stop posting here completely. I think you are making some false assumptions, you don't drag the conversation down from what I have seen and I think you add a lot to this GAF community.

Arnie

So I'm guessing by the reaction of Wilburys latest ban I'm the only one who is pretty bored of his shtick.

He's my favourite poster here, either when he's talking sense or talking shite. He's knowledgeable but he's got a sense of humour.

Jensen

So I'm guessing by the reaction of Wilburys latest ban I'm the only one who is pretty bored of his shtick.
I like Wilbury, it is very easy to tell when he making a serious post or just joking. Unlike most of the so-called 'joke posters' on GAF.

His match reports after the CL games this week need to be a regular thing.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
The problem with Argentine football is that getting results is more important than playing well. Coaches get sacked or resign on an almost monthly basis just because they cant get result. There are no long term commitments to build a team, hard to play well like that.

kitch9

Banned
Yeah it's very poor.

I realised the league is mostly exciting because of the bad decisions. :(

We are you just picking out England? Football has a real problem in general, and where other sports embrace technology to sort the marginal calls, Football ignores it.

Arnie

I never watched the Everton vs. Liverpool. Were there poor decisions in that game as well?

Andre Marriner actually did really well in the game itself; a couple of soft yellows perhaps, could've been harsher on Fellaini and Suarez. The main gripe, if you could even call it that, was when Suarez scored a legitimate winner in the 92nd minute that was wrongly ruled out for offside. Literally scrubbed off for no reason.

Yen

I love Wilbury but when I see his jokey posts on OT, I just think blamespace-lite. Real talk! (I have no problem with this, but I can see why other posters (G_fex) don't like his schtick)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom