• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

I like him, but he really doesn't need to be telling other posters to fuck off. I'm not sure why people were surprised that he got banned for that.

Well, I was surprised because I'm pretty sure I've seen insults etc thrown around here before without punishment.

Zabojnik

I pledged 15$ to Double Fine Adventure just so I could watch the documentary episodes (I'm only mildly interested in playing the game). Should have read the 'fine text', as I now have to wait two or more days for them to approve my account and let me into the forum section where the episodes are posted. Goddamit. Pirates, why do you fail me the one time I wouldn't actually be stealing from anybody?

Messi, chill & enjoy.

Other posters have posted the same today and got nowt in the way of reprimands.

You talking about that guy telling Fady to fuck off? Yeah that was also unnecessary. Not sure the context is the same though.

To be honest I dislike it when the thread becomes about people getting banned.

Standard football fan reaction to marginal decisions.

Evans touches/scrapes Torres sock/shinpad. He'd have felt it, it wouldn't have caused any pain. His touch to go around him was way over hit, never getting it. He went down looking for a free kick. I do think it was a dive, but not a bookable offense. I'd have just played on.

The offside goal was offside but from the linesman's perspective, it's a ridiculously hard one to call.

At 2-2 I could only see one winner tbh, fortunate win. Cleverley really doesn't look good enough. What I would give for a 25 year old Roy Keane.

Hixx

Willbury constantly pushes the boundary to what one can get away with. He really asks for all he gets sometimes.

jhkputHI5lKbR.png

Kyoufu

I know that feeling.

Just another week in the premier league.

We genuinely live in a world where your average fan at home is in a better position to officiate the game than the officials themselves.

Well that's because technology is superior to the naked eye in the moment.

I've always been baffled why this sport is the only one that doesn't use it.

Slizz

I know that feeling.

Just another week in the premier league.

We genuinely live in a world where your average fan at home is in a better position to officiate the game than the officials themselves.

The benefits of having replays.

jtb

Banned
£5 million! A complete joke.

Ehh, no doubt Jelavic was a fantasic signing, but I'm not sure if that's the type of player we need. We'll see. I think Giroud can come good sometime... I really hope either him or Podolski starts at Old Trafford.

Soi-Fong

Ehh, no doubt Jelavic was a fantasic signing, but I'm not sure if that's the type of player we need. We'll see. I think Giroud can come good sometime... I really hope either him or Podolski starts at Old Trafford.

Dammit. I was hoping the game against Arsenal would be away for us. Just wanted to see the kind of reception RVP would get. lol

Lightning

Banned
Gervinho can't play so Giroud will have to start up front. It's either him or Walcott.

Dammit. I was hoping the game against Arsenal would be away for us. Just wanted to see the kind of reception RVP would get. lol
I think we all know the reception RVP is going to get at the Emirates.

Arnie

Well that's because technology is superior to the naked eye in the moment.

I've always been baffled why this sport is the only one that doesn't use it.

The benefits of having replays.

How much of an adjustment would it be to slap iPads in the fourth official's hands that pump them replays to support the referees in certain situations? Honestly. From both a financial and common sense perspective it's a no brainer.

In the case of Suarez's goal, and Hernandez's offside one, both times the game was stopped so it isn't a question of slowing the game down. In the case of the Torres card, why can't we have a system whereby managers have a certain number of challenges, like tennis, or American Football, so manager's can opt for a second opinion?

Where's the negative there? I can't see it.

Salvadora

We could be in for a very long game if Giroud starts upfront.

Kyoufu

How much of an adjustment would it be to slap iPads in the fourth official's hands that pump them replays to support the referees in certain situations? Honestly. From both a financial and common sense perspective it's a no brainer.

In the case of Suarez's goal, and Hernandez's offside one, both times the game was stopped so it isn't a question of slowing the game down. In the case of the Torres card, why can't we have a system whereby managers have a certain number of challenges, like tennis, or American Football, so manager's can opt for a second opinion?

Where's the negative there? I can't see it.

BUBUBUT IT TAKES AWAY THE FLOW OF THE GAME

etc

It's inevitable. When it will be used is the question. Could take decades.

Arnie

I think he's exactly the sort of player you need: someone who will pop up in the box and always be a goal threat with one or two touches. Someone who you feel is completely capable of converting a half chance, or perhaps the only chance of the game.

Basically, at least for now, not Giroud.

BUBUBUT IT TAKES AWAY THE FLOW OF THE GAME

etc

It's inevitable. When it will be used is the question. Could take decades.

I'm really at a loss to understand why it should take decades. Not that you're wrong, but I don't know how the FA can justify that. Football really is fast becoming a joke, despite it's mammoth viewing and participation figures.

jtb

Banned
Gervinho can't play so Giroud will have to start up front. It's either him or Walcott.

I think we all know the reception RVP is going to get at the Emirates.

Is he suspended? Blessing in disguise if I've ever seen one.

Ideally, I'd line up something like...
Giroud
Podolski-Cazorla-Ox
Wilshere-Arteta
Gibbs-Kos/Verm-Mert-Sagna

Dominate the center of midfield, and have enough pace on the flanks to catch United out on the counter.

We could be in for a very long game if Giroud starts upfront.

I dunno about that. Giroud is a good header of the ball; since this team loves crossing the fucking ball so much, maybe crossing it to his head might result in a goal. Just a thought, Wenger.

Plus, we haven't really seen any good games from Giroud, but it's hard to judge him given we've been creating so few chances. If our midfield can find its creative spark again; sure, Giroud'll miss a chance or two, but I'm sure he or someone else can put away others. We don't need another striker, the ones we have (including the dreadful Chamakh) are fine. We need more creativity. Right now we look like last year's Swansea: all possession, no creativity. Hopefully Wilshere and Sagna can provide some of that incision.

Lightning

Banned
Is he suspended? Blessing in disguise if I've ever seen one.

Ideally, I'd line up something like...
Giroud
Podolski-Cazorla-Ox
Wilshere-Arteta
Gibbs-Kos/Verm-Mert-Sagna

I dunno about that. Giroud is a good header of the ball; since this team loves crossing the fucking ball so much, maybe crossing it to his head might result in a goal. Just a thought, Wenger.

Plus, we haven't really seen any good games from Giroud, but it's hard to judge him given we've been creating so few chances. If our midfield can find its creative spark again; sure, Giroud'll miss a chance or two, but I'm sure he or someone else can put away others. We don't need another striker, the ones we have (including the dreadful Chamakh) are fine. We need more creativity. Right now we look like last year's Swansea: all possession, no creativity. Hopefully Wilshere and Sagna can provide some of that incision.
Gervinho is injured. Could be out for a while, quite a while.

I'm praying that Gibbs is back. Fuck Santos bullshit against United.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom