• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soi-Fong

In a Real Madrid shirt?

We all know he'll be wearing blue when Chelsea and/or City buy the league with their millions of pounds.

Had to repost this. haha

396180_528792183816292_1065874729_n.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Udinese just scored.

2-1 Roma.

I've been enjoying the Serie A matches I've watched this season.

It's a fun league with colorful personalities.

Example:
della-valle-brothers490ai_6.jpg

Fiorentina's owners, the Della Valle brothers, they even look like Micky Mouse villains.

Wooden will show you Maurizio Zamparini and De Laurentiis later.

Arnie

Can't wait to see him in January.

If he does go to Chelsea then I'd be really intrigued to see what happens to Torres. I'd imagine he'd want out, surely, especially given his outcry in the summer, but how much would Chelsea demand for him?

I would love us to drop in a cheeky £10 million bid and bring him home, ala Rush. Obviously he's a much different player, but I think he'd get some decent service in our system.

LegoArmo

If he does go to Chelsea then I'd be really intrigued to see what happens to Torres. I'd imagine he'd want out, surely, especially given his outcry in the summer, but how much would Chelsea demand for him?

I would love us to drop in a cheeky £10 million bid and bring him home, ala Rush. Obviously he's a much different player, but I think he'd get some decent service in our system.

Straight swap for Carroll.

Would probably try and get a deal going with Atletico Madrid to bring down Falcaos price a little, doubt Chelsea would sell Torres back to Liverpool. But yeah, he needs to go, he's a moody little bitch when there's any competition up front, if you can't take the heat or even perform half decently with Mata, Hazard and Oscar behind you, please go.

Arnie

Would probably try and get a deal going with Atletico Madrid to bring down Falcaos price a little, doubt Chelsea would sell Torres back to Liverpool. But yeah, he needs to go, he's a moody little bitch when there's any competition up front, if you can't take the heat or even perform half decently with Mata, Hazard and Oscar behind you, please go.

That actually makes the most sense, and I think it's time for Torres to head back to Spain to be honest.

Fucking united fucking shit cunts.

Also massive fucking huge colossal fuck you to Juve for not buying RVP. You bunch of cock suckers. Someone snap him for fuck sake.
If you're mad now, only God knows how mad you'll be when RVP scores a hat-trick next weekend :D

jtb

Banned
The Tuesday Club made the great point that Arsenal have to stop shopping in the French league and expect to get the world class French players we had in the past.

Maybe, maybe not. I think there is a point to be made that Henry, Vieira, Pires, etc. weren't the players they became when they first arrived. Nasri, Sagna, Flamini, Adebayor too. The problem is all those players had a basis to work from, so those players could develop without being relied on. Now, those developing players are the key players, and the back-ups are youth-teamers and players that either aren't good enough yet, or will never be good enough. Even if players like Giroud and Gervinho are good enough, you can't just expect them to settle into the team right away—certainly not with a huge amount of pressure on them.

Imo, this is more the cumulation of years and years of decay (not replacing Flamini, then not replacing Adebayor, then not replacing Gallas and Kolo Toure, and not replacing Clichy/Fabregas/Nasri, etc.), not necessarily because of where we buy our players.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
lol Atletico isn't lowering down the price of Falcao for sorry ass Torres

That dude isn't even 30 and he's already washed up. Send him to Bayern

Maybe, maybe not. I think there is a point to be made that Henry, Vieira, Pires, etc. weren't the players they became when they first arrived. Nasri, Sagna, Flamini, Adebayor too. The problem is all those players had a basis to work from, so those players could develop without being relied on. Now, those developing players are the key players, and the back-ups are youth-teamers and players that either aren't good enough yet, or will never be good enough. Even if players like Giroud and Gervinho are good enough, you can't just expect them to settle into the team right away—certainly not with a huge amount of pressure on them.

Imo, this is more the cumulation of years and years of decay (not replacing Flamini, then not replacing Adebayor, then not replacing Gallas and Kolo Toure, and not replacing Clichy/Fabregas/Nasri, etc.), not necessarily because of where we buy our players.

Liverpool went to shit when Rafa stopped buying from Spain, oddly

@Andres, QPR is where the washed up players reside

Fry

How long does it take you guys to get over bad losses, bad decisions etc?

I'll be pissed off until I wake up on Tuesday afternoon I reckon

I get really sour in the heat of the moment (as you all could see), but it usually only lasts for a day or two, unless it's a very significant loss.

But today was a travesty, I'll tell you that.

Clegg

The worst thing about Wengers scouting of Ligue 1 is that he isn't having success anymore with his signings.

He scouted a 16 year old Hazard but never even made an approach to sign him. Five years later and Hazard is one of the most exciting talents in Europe and Arsenal are left with Giroud.

How long does it take you guys to get over bad losses, bad decisions etc?

I'll be pissed off until I wake up on Tuesday afternoon I reckon

I'm a bitter person, it can take weeks with Copenhagen.

lol Atletico isn't lowering down the price of Falcao for sorry ass Torres

That dude isn't even 30 and he's already washed up. Send him to Bayern

Eh I wouldn't be that sure. If Falcaos release clause is around 50mil there's nothing they can really do about Chelsea signing him and would it really be that crazy to think they would want their former captain back for fairly cheap?

AndresON777

shooting blanks

Eh I wouldn't be that sure. If Falcaos release clause is around 50mil there's nothing they can really do about Chelsea signing him and would it really be that crazy to think they would want their former captain back for fairly cheap?

Doesnt Torres have a ridiculous wage though?

I'd rather Atletico buy Jackson Martinez tbh

bigger, stronger, faster, younger...

If they expected Torres to come within 100 miles of replacing Falcao, it'd be a clear case of letting their hearts rule their heads

He was absolutely terrible today. Dribbling into players, first touch getting away from him, acceleration completely gone, failing to get into the box, passing was off, decision-making too slow

Yeah he does, but maybe he would be willing to go down in wage when he gets the choice between that or the bench, which he has already had quite a bit of. Falcao got pretty huge wages too though, doesn't he? Atletico Madrid is such a terrible run club that it wouldn't be surprising if they spent a hell lot of money on Torres wages.

jtb

Banned

I'd rather Atletico buy Jackson Martinez tbh

bigger, stronger, faster, younger...

I'd think Torres has enough money that he'd be willing to take a wage cut for his boyhood club. And if not, he's still a big enough name (if not necessarily that good of a player) that I'm sure whatever third party helped out with the Falcao deal would be willing to subsidize those wages, should a deal come to pass.

The worst thing about Wengers scouting of Ligue 1 is that he isn't having success anymore with his signings.

He scouted a 16 year old Hazard but never even made an approach to sign him. Five years later and Hazard is one of the most exciting talents in Europe and Arsenal are left with Giroud.

Yeah; it's interesting to see what the dynamic is between Wenger and the board regarding who signs what. I mean, Wenger was a huge admirer of Cazorla but didn't move for him last summer. Missed out on Mata for a couple million pounds. The whole club seems to have no coherent policy for what it's doing regarding transfers, besides selling off our best players every summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom