• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

So, can Homeland get any better than this?

I think I've never seen a show that ups a level every episode. I don't think they can top themselves so soon again.

I gotta finish ep 4(falling asleep near the end and stopped it cause it was getting good) and I got 5 ready to go.

Sloosha

I think I've never seen a show that ups a level every episode. I don't think they can top themselves so soon again.

This season has had it's ups and downs but the last episode was definitely a high point of the series. Damian Lewis gave an absolutely brilliant performance in that episode.

jtb

Banned

Ep 3 was a bit of a lull, outside of
Carrie's attempted suicide.
. But 4 and especially 5... goddamn. Hopefully these shittier side plots either improve or become a bit more important in the grand scheme of things.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I heard that it wasn't HGH being injected into Messi, it was the tears and blood of Iniesta.

It explains why Iniesta is so pale and also explains how Messi got so good.

LOL

Yurt said:
I would only inject myself with Chiellini's bodily fluids.

Claudio-Marchisio-Italy-are-not-afraid-of-Spain-160028.jpg

Mentiras

GorillaJu

I always wonder about the drug stories as well – football seems way too clean for how much money is changing hands.

I've always wondered about Suarez, myself. He plays 90 minutes of every Liverpool and every Uruguay game, gets countless kicks and knocks and I've never seen him rested due to injury but once or twice.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Google Falcao without his shirt he looks more Hulk than hulk. Jackson is huge as well. I'm all for it I just want to win

DONT GET CAUGHT

FootballFan

I always wonder about the drug stories as well – football seems way too clean for how much money is changing hands.

I've always wondered about Suarez, myself. He plays 90 minutes of every Liverpool and every Uruguay game, gets countless kicks and knocks and I've never seen him rested due to injury but once or twice.

Messi used to be like Pato couple years back, couldn't play 2 games in a row without getting injured.

Then all of a sudden, he hasn't been out for more than a week since late 2008 lol. Dat Iniesta fluid.

Timurid

I can tell you arsenal's players aren't on drugs.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Messi used to be like Pato couple years back, couldn't play 2 games in a row without getting injured.

Then all of a sudden, he hasn't been out for more than a week since late 2008 lol. Dat Iniesta fluid.

Remember when he lost the ball against chelsea in the first leg of the champions league?

I thought his knee had blown out...

Give me some Don Andres juice plz

Timurid said:
I can tell you arsenal's players aren't on steroids.

images

watch rvp never get injured again

Yen

In which case, he'd be the only Liverpool player doping.

I've gotta say, I've never quite understood the 'tired' argument in football. I don't know how a player can be tired after only 90 minutes of football a week considering the amount of training and physios they have.

FootballFan

^Lol Yurt, I just got your avatar now. Haha good stuff.

Remember when he lost the ball against chelsea in the first leg of the champions league?

I thought his knee had blown out...

It did, Pep just did a Mr. Miyagi (rubbed hands together to generate heat then place them on the injured area).

Here it is, replace daniel-san with Messi and Mr. Miyagi with Pep.

Meier

Man, looking at Hulk and Witsel on FM.. the taxes are basically non-existent there apparently. I think their contracts are probably much higher than the game lists though.

G-Unit

Official story goes, after that injury they forced him to change his diet and now eats fish instead of red meat. Plus he has a personal therapist even on vacations as we all know.

I've gotta say, I've never quite understood the 'tired' argument in football. I don't know how a player can be tired after only 90 minutes of football a week considering the amount of training and physios they have.

It's often not only 90 min a week though but 180. They should be able to do that though. Now players travelling to different continents, especially all those players in Europe going to South America only just to have to play two days after they arrive home again... Yeah I think most people would be tired then, it's hard enough just quickly adjusting to new time zones like that.

K1LLER7

CL predictions (bold win)

Kiev v Porto
PSG v Zagreb
Schalke v Arsenal
Anderlecht v Zenit
Milan v Malaga
Man City v Ajax
Chelsea v Shaktar
Juve v Norsjsomething
Valencia v Bate
Bayern v LOSC
Celtic v Barca
Braga v Man Utd

what you guys think?

FootballFan

It's often not only 90 min a week though but 180. They should be able to do that though. Now players travelling to different continents, especially all those players in Europe going to South America only just to have to play two days after they arrive home again... Yeah I think most people would be tired then, it's hard enough just quickly adjusting to new time zones like that.

Yep players like Falcao, Higuain, Messi etc traveling to play in South America, then flying back to Europe to play a day later would definitely be tough.

Messi scored a hat trick and got an assist against Deportivo just a day after he had arrived from Argentina while his baby was being born and with his team 1 man down.

But I do agree, playing 2 games a week shouldn't make too many of them tired, unless they are injured it shouldn't really happen.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Kiev v Porto
PSG v Zagreb
Schalke v Arsenal
Anderlecht v Zenit
Milan v Malaga
Man City v Ajax
Chelsea v Shaktar
Juve v Norsjsomething
Valencia v Bate
Bayern v LOSC
Celtic v Barca
Braga v Man Utd

what you guys think?
I think you've bolded the wrong teams in our group.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Yep players like Falcao, Higuain, Messi etc traveling to play in South America, then flying back to Europe to play a day later would definitely be tough.

Messi scored a hat trick and got an assist against Deportivo just a day after he had arrived from Argentina while his baby was being born and with his team 1 man down.

But I do agree, playing 2 games a week shouldn't make too many of them tired, unless they are injured it shouldn't really happen.

It's really only a problem when you play in Chile, Bolivia, or Ecuador because of the elevation. Colombia is hot though which helps us against the teams from the cold countries. The elite players on our squad are usually from the coastal areas

we almost always split home and away with uruguay it's like clockwork

K1LLER7 said:

Kiev v Porto
PSG v Zagreb
Schalke v Arsenal
Anderlecht v Zenit
Milan v Malaga
Man City v Ajax
Chelsea v Shaktar
Juve v Norsjsomething
Valencia v Bate
Bayern v LOSC
Celtic v Barca
Braga v Man Utd

what you guys think?

FootballFan

Kiev v Porto
PSG v Zagreb
Schalke v Arsenal
Anderlecht v Zenit
Milan v Malaga
Man City v Ajax
Chelsea v Shaktar
Juve v Norsjsomething
Valencia v Bate
Bayern v LOSC
Celtic v Barca
Braga v Man Utd

what you guys think?

I would agree with most of it but, no draws is pretty unlikely. And the favourites winning in each game doesn't seem very probable either.

Celtic will destroy Barca if that first leg is anything to go by lol.

Juve is risky, since they can't buy the UEFA refs seeing as we already own them.
Juve will probably thrash them by at least 2 or 3 goals, most likely from Bendtner

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
K1LLw43757735 said:
Juve and Chelsea at home, both should win.

Conte needs to buy dem refs and linesmen, Chelsea need to keep passing it to Mata.
I'm afraid all the UEFA refs are bought in advance by Barca.

Lightning

Banned

Kiev v Porto
PSG v Zagreb
Schalke v Arsenal
Anderlecht v Zenit
Milan v Malaga
Man City v Ajax
Chelsea v Shaktar
Juve v Norsjsomething
Valencia v Bate
Bayern v LOSC
Celtic v Barca
Braga v Man Utd

what you guys think?
Oh hell no. It's payback time for Schalke.

sohois

Plenty of players in the PL will cover distances of more than 10'000m per game. That's like a half marathon every week, not to mention that they will be going at full speed for many periods of a game. Training and physios can only do so much to overcome the natural limits that the human body has.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I'm afraid all the UEFA refs are bought in advance by Barca.

Kind of like a season pass we pay before the season every year

Madrid now pays for it in la liga unfortunately

sohois said:
Plenty of players in the PL will cover distances of more than 10'000m per game. That's like a half marathon every week, not to mention that they will be going at full speed for many periods of a game. Training and physios can only do so much to overcome the natural limits that the human body has.

Not to mention the mental concentration of running full speed with the ball and trying to execute what you've been training to do with your squad

K1LLER7

I would agree with most of it but, no draws is pretty unlikely. And the favourites winning in each game doesn't seem very probable either.

Celtic will destroy Barca if that first leg is anything to go by lol.

Juve is risky, since they can't buy the UEFA refs seeing as we already own them.
Juve will probably thrash them by at least 2 or 3 goals, most likely from Bendtner

The games I left out olympiakos v montpillier (Can't spell either :lol) will end in a draw imo.

United look stronger away from home, Barca have Unicef :p, Chelsea need a good win and they're at home, City should win at home but its a tricky one. Not too confident on Malaga v Milan

edit: not sure on Madrid vs Dortmund either, Madrid are home so i'd say them but Dortmund are class.

Meier

Went ahead and ordered a James home shirt from ST thanks to that 20% off code. He better not move to United!

I went with the Small since 40" is my size. If it's too small, do they offer any sort of return option? I'm sure it'd be a nightmare to get it back to them and get a replacement..

FootballFan

United look stronger away from home, Barca have Unicef :p, Chelsea need a good win and they're at home, City should win at home but its a tricky one. Not too confident on Malaga v Milan

Well if Milans season is anything to go by, and if you watched the first leg, then it should be quite comfortable for Malaga. 9 points, 0 goals against, 7 goals for so far this CL.

They played better than Milan and could have probably won by more(missed a penalty). El Shaarawy is their only good player I saw. Though anything could happen as always.

K1LLER7

Oh hell no. It's payback time for Schalke.

It shows how bad Arsenals Strikers are that I think United will keep a clean sheet against you guys on saturday :p

Well if Milans season is anything to go by, and if you watched the first leg, then it should be quite comfortable for Malaga. 9 points, 0 goals against, 7 goals for so far this CL.

They played better than Milan and could have probably won by more(missed a penalty). El Shaarawy is their only good player I saw. Though anything could happen as always.

Lets hope Joaquin doesn't miss anymore penalties :)

Lightning

Banned
It shows how bad Arsenals Strikers are that I think United will keep a clean sheet against you guys on saturday
We'll see about that, won't we?

I think we'll score. We scored against Liverpool, we scored against Man City, we scored against Chelsea and I am very sure we will score against United.

K1LLER7

He missed one the game before too.. :S He should just let Saviola take them. Just like Messi should let Villa take them. Or at least share the penalties like he used to with Eto'o.
Does Saviola start for them? I've only seen them a couple of times and Isco is one special player. Hope he doesn't go to one of United's rivals.

We'll see about that, won't we?

I think we'll score. We scored against Liverpool, we scored against Man City, we scored against Chelsea and I am very sure we will score against United.

If you do, I hope its Giroud. I feel sorry for him.

John Terry avatar if Arsenal don't score against United? :p
Man Utd RVP Avatar

Kyoufu

BRAKING NEWS

The FA has found evidence that referee Mirk Clatternburger has received payments from Sir Alex Ferguson's personal account.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Went ahead and ordered a James home shirt from ST thanks to that 20% off code. He better not move to United!

I went with the Small since 40" is my size. If it's too small, do they offer any sort of return option? I'm sure it'd be a nightmare to get it back to them and get a replacement..

Don't worry I'll buy it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom