• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloosha

I don't know how long Wilbz will be around this time either. I mean there is another Chelsea-Man United game on Wednesday...

That's just a shitty Capital One Cup game that no one cares about though. I doubt the salt will flow.

The weekend game will be hilarious though.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
"There was only one team who came into the derby trying to play football," said Gerrard. "Everton are effective because they have some big physical lads in the team and are very direct. They are effective. But the only team who tried to play football was us.

"Everton are not better than us. I thought we stood up to a team that are very similar to Stoke. Every single time they got the ball to their goalkeeper it came in long. We had a young, small team and they were all men and stood together. We deserved the win."

lol

The table both this season and last would tend to disagree. This is the same tripe that Fergie came out with when they beat United on the first day.

GorillaJu

Everton were better than us on Sunday. Brad Jones as keeper just doesn't work for us – he doesn't know how to use his feet like Pepe. We gave away so much possession through long balls and couldn't get in position to win it back.

On Sunday I thought Sahin was the culprit but while he wasn't great, it was definitely Jones that crippled our passing the most. He can't play under pressure, against teams that push high up on the pitch.

When Coates came on and we played 3 at the back, we had the extra man to pass with and it made all the difference. We improved greatly in the second half, created better chances and should have won.

A draw was probably right on the balance of play, in the end I can't complain about a draw where I was quite certain before kick off there'd be a loss.

As for Gerrard, like all English players he talks a lot of shit.

Everton play like we did under Kenny when we had that great run of form at the end of 2010-2011 season. Force the ball forward, send in bodies and poach goals. It worked wonders for us and a very similar approach is working for Everton now.

Salazar

No, for the two goals against Germany.

Shit is absurd.

Yeeaaah, LeRoux.

dSMCE.jpg

Löw's nomination is repulsive..

Gladbach is about to sign this guy:

17 year old wonderkid Joel Pohjanpalo scores a perfect hat-trick in under 3 mins (Continuous shot)

In his second league game and first ever start in the Finnish Premier League (Veikkausliiga), 17 year old wonderkid Joel Pohjanpalo scores a perfect hat-trick (right foot, left foot, header) in an astonishing 2 minutes and 42 seconds in HJK's first league fixture of the season! HJK was trailing 0-1 before Pohjanpalo took matters into his own hands and the game ended 3-1 for the current title holders.
wut

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Julio Cesar
iXiqxrvMKJFQn.gif
iXiqxrvMKJFQn.gif
iXiqxrvMKJFQn.gif

“I hate Juventus, but only on a sporting level because they are the side who made me the craziest in Italy,” he added. “I hardly ever beat them and that drove me mad…”

Know your place.

Gerrard's quotes about Everton.

:lol

lol

The table both this season and last would tend to disagree. This is the same tripe that Fergie came out with when they beat United on the first day.
The BBC article has stats which shows Everton had more possession, made more passes, with more accuracy and lesser long ball %.

Liverpool do play better football than Everton I think, but Everton are alot more than a long ball team.

dc89

Internet sensation Wario64 has introduced me to a game called 10000000 on iOS. Damn him, it's addictive as hell and only 69p at the moment.

Linius

Lol, some guy at a Dutch forum is trying to convince people that Lionel Messi is a pathetic diver and a worthless football player. I hope there once will be a day that people stop discussing about who's better, Ronaldo or Messi. So many pointless discussions from one fanboy to the other.

GorillaJu

Gerrard's quotes about Everton.

:lol

The BBC article has stats which shows Everton had more possession, made more passes, with more accuracy and lesser long ball %.

Liverpool do play better football than Everton I think, but Everton are alot more than a long ball team.

Yeah like I said we played way more long balls than usual and most of them came from Brad Jones.

And I agree with your assessment, we play better football on the whole but Everton isn't a bad footballing side. On Sunday they were certainly Stoke-like in their physicality though. I was popping blood vessels even more than usual every time Fellaini or Mirallas attacked one of ours.

Carbonox

So Moussa Sissokho is Newcastle's top target in the Summer and a likely move at that. He's had talks with Cabaye and Newcastle will be following up with a pre-contract agreement in January.

That's goodbye to Tiote then.

Clegg

I just hope the United players are overly confident too.

Arsenal are shite. Koscielney can't defend, Vermaelen wants to score goals and ends up caught out of position all the time, Mertesacker sprinting is basically time standing still for everyone else. Santos is a five a side player and Gibbs is prone to errors

Ramsey can only pass sideways, Podolski can only run in straight lines, Giroud can't score, Chamakh can't play and Gervinho is Gervinho.

Shut down Cazorla and we'll win. Oh, and sprinkle a bit of crack in the away dressing dressing room to preoccupy Wilshere.

Oxx

Internet sensation Wario64 has introduced me to a game called 10000000 on iOS. Damn him, it's addictive as hell and only 69p at the moment.

It's good. Like a lot of iOS games I played it non-stop for a couple of days and I'll probably never touch it again.

Yep. my place lost power last night at 9. I came into work this morning mostly so I could get my phone back to full charge. Wind is strong like a mother fucker and I'm on the edge of the storm.

K1LLER7

When is Benzema making his announcement about leaving Madrid?

Surely we must be getting close to the date.
He'll end up signing a new contract.

I'll be surprised if Fergie isn't interested in him if he was to leave. Fergies been fond of him for years now.

Bumhead

Banned
Brad Jones as keeper just doesn't work for us

Brad Jones is the second worst goalkeeper we have had in my time of watching Wednesday, even though it was only on loan. Absolutely abysmal. The only goalkeeper I've ever seen practicing punching the ball in a warm up rather than catching the fucking thing.

I haven't a clue how or why he's featuring for a Premiership football club. Maybe I've missed a portion of his career where he did well for Liverpool but the Everton game wasn't an example of it if I did.

sohois

Brad Jones is the second worst goalkeeper we have had in my time of watching Wednesday, even though it was only on loan. Absolutely abysmal. The only goalkeeper I've ever seen practicing punching the ball in a warm up rather than catching the fucking thing.

I haven't a clue how or why he's featuring for a Premiership football club. Maybe I've missed a portion of his career where he did well for Liverpool but the Everton game wasn't an example of it if I did.

Well, he was a Hodge signing and Liverpool were going to sell him last year but allowed him to stay because of his tragic personal circumstances. Then last year red cards for both Reina and Doni gave him a chance in the FA cup, where he wasn't awful and he stuck around again this year since Doni had his own personal problems that forced him back to Brazil.

However, speaking of Doni apparently it's just been announced that he is to return, so I doubt we'll be seeing too much more of Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom