• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

I don't know if Lingard is good enough for United. Hes 20 but still hasn't broken through to the first team. But Im delighted that hes had a good start with Birmingham.

I still hope that we may see Morrison back at United too.

The kid has got a future in football which is nice to see even if it's not at the highest level.

Blablurn

buhldqaiaaacsdv.jpglaogi94.jpg

I don't know if Lingard is good enough for United. Hes 20 but still hasn't broken through to the first team. But Im delighted that hes had a good start with Birmingham.

I didn't think he had any chance but over the last few months there has been a dramatic improvement.

Think it's still quite unlikely he breaks through to the squad but I don't think we can rule it out for sure right now.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Looking at BAE's name on a QPR teamsheet still makes me cringe.

AVB you stubborn bastard.

ShogunX

What a terrible football match this has been so far. Both teams have been gash, petty fouls everywhere, a shit ref and players getting lazily caught offside.

It's the type of match where you feel bad about paying £40+ to watch it. Seen these games a few times too often from Liverpool and they normally end up with us conceding a shit goal whilst being frustrated at the other end.

What a terrible football match this has been so far. Both teams have been gash, petty fouls everywhere, a shit ref and players getting lazily caught offside.

It's the type of match where you feel bad about paying £40+ to watch it. Seen these games a few times too often from Liverpool and they normally end up with us conceding a shit goal whilst being frustrated at the other end.

It is so boring that liverpool are doing evacuation drills.

LTWheels

get alberto on and a proper fullback. I personally think today should be the day to throw Kelly into the deep end. He needs to start playing again.

kharma45

Think how long it took someone like Cleverly to get near the first team. Wasn't really until last year that he had much of a look in.

get alberto on and a proper fullback. I personally think today should be the day to throw Kelly into the deep end. He needs to start playing again.

Yep

Can't complain too much about Sakho or Toure's defending, but having fullbacks who don;t know when to overlap, when to hold, when to come inside etc is frustrating

We have a mishmash of players who take too long to look for other options and release the ball (Moses, Sturridge) and players who release it too quickly, resulting in passes going astray and gaps not getting the chance to open (Aspas, Henderson)

Forces us to come out for the second half for the first time this season :p

LTWheels

Yep

Can't complain too much about Sakho or Toure's defending, but having fullbacks who don;t know when to overlap, when to hold, when to come inside etc is frustrating

We have a mishmash of players who take too long to look for other options and release the ball (Moses, Sturridge) and players who release it too quickly, resulting in passes going astray and gaps not getting the chance to open (Aspas, Henderson)

Forces us to come out for the second half for the first time this season :p

Yeah, my biggest problem with Aspas is that it always look as if he is playing at a much higher tempo to the rest of the team. This is what results in him giving away the ball so easily.

sohois

Ok if you want to play CBs at fullback, sometimes you have injuries or want to keep it tight, I understand.

But when you are missing 2 of your main creative forces (coutinho and suarez) it doesn't make any sense to me to further cripple the attack by taking out the fullbacks as well. A very strange decision from Brendan, unless he hoped to nick a goal and simply hold onto the lead somehow

sohois

Stirling for Aspas? Seems like Brendan set up for Aspas to fail today, strange really. He had no chance of doing anything with the formation, and having duly done little he gets hauled off.

Top Bottom