• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so bored.

tumblr_mp9ncmizE11r7jzw9o2_r1_500.gif

tumblr_mp9ncmizE11r7jzw9o1_500.gif

Arnie

Within a two minute walk of my front door is Bethnal Green tube, a big Tesco, Maccies, KFC, Subway, and Nandos.

Liverpool pre-season begins in the morning, excited to see most people back. This Mickey story hasn't evolved like I thought it would. Artur best be fucking sweating.

Pacific Rim is directed by Del Toro and has Idris Elba and Charlie Day in it. Also has big fucking big robots fighting big fucking monsters, what's not to like?!

Looks like my childhood dreams being put on screen.

Arnie

Guys, playing TLoU for the first time, difficulty Hard or normal?

Hard. Tense, but never too difficult. And only a couple of times did I feel like I was truly short on supplies.

Pacific Rim will be good, I think. But good in the sense that it can't fail, because of what it's aiming to do. Like, robots and monsters and Idrid Elba can't not be 'good'.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Fiorentina have reached an agreement with Bayern Munich for Mario Gomez. 18M fee + bonuses. 5M in wages + bonuses for the player. (SKY)

Great news.

;)

L1NETT

Forget Pacific Rim, The World's End comes out here a week later (think US get it late August :/) Most anticipated movie in years personally.

Edgar Wright is a cool dude, if anyone listens to Richard Herring's podcast I recommend the Wright one.

And Cornetto's are a good hangover cure.

Shagwell

I know it's not the same as playing it but since that isn't an option I still have to admit this LP has got me HOOKED on TLoU.

Those feels when (if you're still playing don't read!)
Henry and Sam die
I mean damn! Can't wait to see where this goes. Not a bad way to pass the time at work, y'know.

Arnie

Forget Pacific Rim, The World's End comes out here a week later (think US get it late August :/) Most anticipated movie in years personally.

Edgar Wright is a cool dude, if anyone listens to Richard Herring's podcast I recommend the Wright one.

And Cornetto's are a good hangover cure.

I want to be excited for it but it just looks lazy.

Like Ricky Gervais lazy when he made Life's Too Short.

They go on a pub crawl and there's an apocalypse. Right.

fuenf

Fiorentina have reached an agreement with Bayern Munich for Mario Gomez. 18M fee + bonuses. 5M in wages + bonuses for the player. (SKY)

Great news.

;)

He's worth more, what does he see in this club? Are they guaranteeing him a starting spot for life?

edit: well maybe he wants to replicate dat Stuttgart feeling?

Wilbur

Banned
Mario Gomez is going to tear Italy up. Shit player. Amazing finisher. Hopefully Rossi gets some gametime, replacing Jojo behind Gomez would be good. Add Borja + Pizarro + Cuadrado + Aquilani and you got yourselves a good team. Should have kept Nastasic

Bojinov is only 27? The hell. Feels like he's been around (on loan, lol) forever.

orig_878_en.jpg

He is only 27 but he moves on the field like he is 54.

It isn´t an apocalypse, it´s more of a Invasion Of The Body Snatchers situation.

L1NETT

First of, their ain't an apocalypse :) Just some robot crazy stuff, as one would expect.

I think it looks top, and with Freeman, Frost, Pegg and Considine together it can't be awful, at least I hope.

And low blow with the Gervais comparison lol! Hasn't done anything good series wise (not counting Karl related) since Extras. Discuss

Derek and LTS were dreadful.

fuenf

Mario Gomez is going to tear Italy up. Shit player. Amazing finisher. Hopefully Rossi gets some gametime, replacing Jojo behind Gomez would be good. Add Borja + Pizarro + Cuadrado + Aquilani and you got yourselves a good team. Should have kept Nastasic

Too bad he didnt go to England! But thank god he is gone.

Bet Fiorentina will sell him to some English club for mega bucks next season after he totally destroys Serie A :(

Splatt

I've heard that Savic has been an adequate replacement for Nastasic.

Arnie

And low blow with the Gervais comparison lol! Hasn't done anything good series wise (not counting Karl related) since Extras. Discuss

Derek and LTS were dreadful.

You're spot on with that. Gervais hasn't done anything of worth in years. His films are pants, his latest shows are pants, and he's riding on the Karl wave. Shame he's writing Karl into his latest pants creations, which only serves to hamper the pair's credibility.

Jesus Copella cloudy apple juice is good. It's like drinking an apple pie.

Blablurn

And Bla don't forget witht he World Cup coming up next year, Gomez will still HAUNT you. ;)

Naaaaaah, no pressure. Nothing will haunt me in terms of fooball ever again after winning the CL this year. I will be a lil more relaxed this year. No matter what happens.

Wilbur

Banned
You're spot on with that. Gervais hasn't done anything of worth in years. His films are pants, his latest shows are pants, and he's riding on the Karl wave. Shame he's writing Karl into his latest pants creations, which only serves to hamper the pair's credibility.

Jesus Copella cloudy apple juice is good. It's like drinking an apple pie.

Equality Street m8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom