• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
the implication that higuain is a better player than wayneezus

I am slayed

Confed Cup is like the Ann Summers version of the WC
Better player? He is definitely not. More realistic target though, further down the process line, not as much of a cunt etc....

Rooney is an unrealistic waste of time. Great player but will never be an Arsenal player

FootballFan

I get excitement, but the hype surrounding Thiago is just insane. He's no Neymar, guys.

That is true but he is a great young player who plays in a position that ManUnited need.

And just because he sits on the bench(played 101 games, started 64) doesn't mean he isn't good. Masch, Cesc, Villa etc sit on the bench too.

D_prOdigy

Paulinho impressive capture for Spurs.

Still think David Villa's on the wrong side of 30 for the wages he'd demand.

Maybe if they can get Adebayor off the books...

Now THAT would be impressive. Still got a couple of years on his contract, hasn't he? And City are no longer paying a good chunk of his wage, right? He's probably not that inclined to move on...

dc89

ITS SANOGO

XrHuHn4l.jpg

:lololol!!!

At least we are #PredatorBros. You always have that.

Salvadora

Better player? He is definitely not. More realistic target though, further down the process line, not as much of a cunt etc....

Rooney is an unrealistic waste of time. Great player but will never be an Arsenal player

It'd be good to do one over United after the RVP affair, if nothing else.

Before we pass them in the league.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Dembele over Sandro, for me.

lol in my excitement I only put 10 players in the team

With Holtby, Gylfi and Carroll as well our midfield will be well stocked. That's assuming Huddlestone, Parker and Livermore are all sold.

Paulinho impressive capture for Spurs.

Still think David Villa's on the wrong side of 30 for the wages he'd demand.

Maybe if they can get Adebayor off the books...

Now THAT would be impressive. Still got a couple of years on his contract, hasn't he? And City are no longer paying a good chunk of his wage, right? He's probably not that inclined to move on...

I have some reservations about Villa but if AVB thinks we need him then I trust his decision. Levy won't go mad, he will have a precisely structured wage package. Personally I would prefer to keep both Ade and Defoe, there will be plenty of games to go around and I still think Ade can be our main striker. If he plays like he did in the last 6 weeks of the season I can see a front 3 of Bale, Ade and Villa being quite devastating. With Lennon to come from the bench, not many defenses could handle that. We need options and we need at least 3 strikers. Selling either of the two we have means we need to buy two, which isn't going to happen.

D_prOdigy

Moses will get Rooney to sign a 10 year contract whilst halving his wage whilst letting him have all the mature ladies he wants

#PartingTheVulva

Fiorentina have reached an agreement with Bayern Munich for Mario Gomez. 18M fee + bonuses. 5M in wages + bonuses for the player. (SKY)

Great news.

;)

Amazing.

Gold Tie should be embarrassed. We have the highest revenues in Italy, and yet smaller clubs like Napoli, Fiorentina, and Juve have much more money to spend on the market. Something has gone wrong with the way Milan is run.

Salvadora

People have been predicting Arsenal to drop out of the top four for years. It didn't happen then, it won't now.

Nothing but wishful thinking.

Lightning

Banned
That was a prelude.

Arsenal are being left behind by the big three and Spurs are getting stronger while you're fannying around with Ligue 2 babies and Mario Gomez lite.
Lol . You should wait until the window is over before such talk.

Spurs will choke like rats. It's their nature, forever behind us, it's that Arsene Wenger factor.

Arnie

Feel bad for Glyfi.

Look, if Mickey doesn't materialise I'd be fully behind a swoop for him. I think he needs regular playing time and he just isn't going to get it at Spurs. Their midfield is insane.

dc89

.... Thats the pic you chose/is available??

Haha, it's a screen cap from the video I posted. You couldn't really see him properly, you can here though :p

3cDXLJ8.png

Someone magnify that iPhone screen. I think it either says 'Thiago's Dad' or 'Rooney'.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Feel bad for Glyfi.

Look, if Mickey doesn't materialise I'd be fully behind a swoop for him. I think he needs regular playing time and he just isn't going to get it at Spurs. Their midfield is insane.

Gylfi is going to get plenty. He can play across the attacking 3 in a 4231 or as one of the CMs in a 433, there will be a lot of games to go around. He stepped up his game in the second half of the season and I see no reason we should get rid. If you want to make it at a top club you have to be ready to fight for your place, he showed some balls last season and I don't think he will want to leave. The clubs that would be interested in him would all be a massive downgrade (he almost joined Reading in January FFS).

Arnie

Gylfi is going to get plenty. He can play across the attacking 3 in a 4231 or as one of the CMs in a 433, there will be a lot of games to go around. He stepped up his game in the second half of the season and I see no reason we should get rid. If you want to make it at a top club you have to be ready to fight for your place, he showed some balls last season and I don't think he will want to leave. The clubs that would be interested in him would all be a massive downgrade (he almost joined Reading in January FFS).

He can play across the front three, but I don't think he's very effective on either side. Or, to put it better, I think Spurs have far more effective players in those positions. And then centrally it's a nightmare for him. It's not just that there are players to compete with, it's that in every window that passes there are more players who can fill that position.

Pellegrini's got too much swag. Definitely speaks swaghilli.

So does Luca Toni leave Fiorentina as well then?

Haha yeah he never stood a chance of sticking around. He's a club legend, but he's still going to go play for newly promoted Hellas Verona. Don't know how I feel about that because, on the one hand, he's going to get as much playing time as he wants so long as he's healthy, on the other hand this is probably his last season and I don't want to see him rot in a relegation team.

Amazing.

Gold Tie should be embarrassed. We have the highest revenues in Italy, and yet smaller clubs like Napoli, Fiorentina, and Juve have much more money to spend on the market. Something has gone wrong with the way Milan is run.

tumblr_mbv6nvejCR1qmzxy4o2_400.gif

Big teams don't need to worry about selling Robinho before buying somebody for less than a song. If you don't buy Honda, you may as well start supporting Inter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom