• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

Bought a Vita.

Beat Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack.

Playing Knytt but I'm not sure I'm getting much out of the open world map exploration in this 3rd chapter. Game does not give enough information at times and ended up selling some artifacts without knowing I needed them. Fuck it.

Working my way to the Vita exclusives like Gravity Rush, Wipeout and Uncharted.

Going to pick up Muramasa since I'm using a North American account.

What up #vitabros?

Hey #VitaBro.

I mentioned earlier, I bought Persona 4 Golden.

#PSVitaBros I bought Persona 4 Golden the other day. Good times ahead.

Vita4lyfe.

Already put in 6-7 hours. Great game, I recommend it, as do many other #VitaBros.

It seems like you already have it but PS+ is a good service to have for Vita. Dat free games.

Going to take up to 20 days according to something I read on twitter. His agent meets Napoli owner this week to get his transfer fee dropped but he wants to join us (how reliable it is I have no idea), I'm hyped though, hopefully we can get him.

Would be amazing if we can have an amazing striker again. Not really had one since 09/10 Drogba.

Agreed, persona 4 is great

TLjSsNr.png

I coulda sworn he was bad. Granted QPR as a team did little to help him, wasn't his last year at Inter also bad?

Can't speak for the latter but he saved points for them so so many times. They literally would have been relegated a couple of months earlier without him.

He was alright as far as I remember. Made a few mistakes but some great saves too.

I think he'll be better than Chesney but I reckon Arsenal should have gone for Mig or Begovic even so, better keepers and a longer term solution.

But I suppose they have a budget and Cesar for £1.5m won't make any real dent in it so they can spend elsewhere.

Slizz

LOL at this scene in Homeland ep3;

brody decides to wank himself off in front of his wife making it super awkward and hilarious

Probably my second fave part from the series. The first coming in the very first episode involving Claire Danes and making sure she was clean.

subtles

Regarding Persona 4 G, I know the vibe of the game may put off some, but I haven't meet a person who disliked the game after giving it a chance. I actually remember a guy who despises all things anime saying the game was 'perfect'.

Which reminds me, SMT IV is coming in two weeks.

Salvadora

Me too, he was outstanding. Also, he was damn good against us at the Emirates last season.

Arteta scored the offside goal, right?

He was playing out of his skin in that match.

Can't speak for the latter but he saved points for them so so many times. They literally would have been relegated a couple of months earlier without him.
Yeah.

He got a fair bit of the blame for that defence. Imagine him with the 2nd best defence in the league, the Bould effect in full flow.

LTWheels

Regarding Persona 4 G, I know the vibe of the game may put off some, but I haven't meet a person who disliked the game after giving it a chance. I actually remember a guy who despises all things anime saying the game was 'perfect'.

Which reminds me, SMT IV is coming in two weeks.

Hopefully there is not too long of a wait for the EU release

who am I kidding...

Empty

i think cesar will be good for arsenal. he wasn't incredible last season but i think it's hard to care when you're playing for a sinking ship of mercenaries with the cunt manager, he was great when it mattered for brazil in the confed cup.

Salvadora

He was keeping it a secret, but the news leaked before he could tell the staff and players.

I suppose it would've changed things for players/management if they knew he was going.

He also said "midfield could be strengthened". Makes you wonder why it didn't happen when Ferguson was there.

Bo-Locks

Cesar should make some equally outlandish comments as last year to endear himself to Arsenal fans, by saying that Arsenal should be aiming to win the Premier League, not hang on for dear life to their CL qualifying spot.

Slizz

I've just been invited to a poker night. How do you play poker?

What kind of poker? Hold em'? Omaha Hi-lo? 5 card stud? 7 card stud?

Best thing to do is whichever game your gonna play, find an internet version of it to play for free and get the hang of it. Also wiki poker so you know all the winning hands.

deroli

According to Bild, Watzke said we'll spend €50m including Sokratis. So that's 42m left.

I don't get it to be honest. Quotes like "We'll net invest heavily." and then "only" 50m? Sure, 50m is a lot but not that much considering we got 37m for Götze. Add the other fees we got for Koch, Ginzcek, Bittencourt, etc. and that's less than 10m net spent.

Any chance Watzke tries to play it down a bit? Because our transfers would rather look like this:
Eriksen - ~15m
Aubameyang - 10-15m
Some other guy - 10-15m
Than all those players that are rumored like Micky, Bernard, etc. and I don't see why we wouldn't have signed Eriksen yet. There's hardly a better CAM in the 10-15m price range, Eriksen wants a move and Ajax would sell. So why would it take so long?

I would not mind if we invest that money and get some good players (e.g. the ones you mentioned). But with all this talk over the last couple of weeks/ months, I can definitely see why quite a few BVB supporters are disappointed with the transfer window so far. You have to remember that the first announcement of having a very "broad" squad next season was made before Götze left. Bold announcements + 37M € = everybody expects super signings.
Eriksen does not seem to be our first choice. Mkhi will be too expensive if Donezk won't lower their demands and if we want to compensate all those losses. The same goes for Bernard. That makes Aubameyang the only plausible "bigger" signing, at least for our attack. Hmm. We have to wait and see. The only thing that is for sure is that the team won't be complete when training begins, because that is... tomorrow.

Yen

dude

how can you not know that yet

don't they play it like all the time in mozambique
Don't be so racist.

What kind of poker? Hold em'? Omaha Hi-lo? 5 card stud? 7 card stud?

Best thing to do is whichever game your gonna play, find an internet version of it to play for free and get the hang of it. Also wiki poker so you know all the winning hands.
No idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom