• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
After Thiago and Higuain are done, what deals are we going to obsess over?

@GetFootballNews 23m
#AVFC had launched a new bid of £8.5million for Japan international midfielder Hiroshi Kiyotake reports Kicker-Sportmagazin in Germany.

Complete sideways move.

Now offense to Norwich, but they play shit football. Redmond would've thrived at Swansea.

Hopefully he has a good season and someone big buys him. Quality player, gonna miss him

City will take him in a season when they're searching for more homegrown talent to make use of....

Carbonox

I don't know why but the idea of the likes of Ferdinand being 'coached' by Phil Neville makes me fucking laugh. What could he of all people teach the squad? Genuine question. I've never rated him as anything other than a decent and versatile player for Man Utd.

L1NETT

You're buying so well, it's depressing me

Meh, we will see if Villa and Sunderland's transfer policy of quantity works in the long run.

Wouldn't be surprised if both or one of them are bottom half or lower this year.

Might be wrong, but bringing in shedloads of unproven PL players isn't always a good strategy, regardless of how good they are on paper. See newcastle last year.

Edit: Much better OP Sleepless, well done :)

---

Credit to United for keeping their golden oldies around. Neville and Giggs have that United winning mentality and for the youngsters that is invaluable. Nobody is saying that Neville is gonna reteach ferdinand how to defend, but for the next wave of youth it is top.

Take Arsenal, who shipped out their quality older players, Gilberto Silva Bergkamp, Viera and such. That left what, William Gallas as captain and no identity in the upper areas of the squad.

What United, Bayern and Ajax are doing by keeping old players on board is a quality idea. We do it to, as I am sure many other clubs do. Not sure why so many of are deriding united for it, maybe because it is united in which case; fair enough :p

YES!

Justified is back. Wasn't happy at all with the way the first 2 episodes of S4 went, episode 3 is back to normal though

Poor Billy, hope he doesn't die :(

Wes

venison crêpe
Can someone do some cumulative poster analysis of all 22 OTs of the past season?

Open up Excel and get cracking.

GorillaJu

P Nev confirmed.

Like it.

Scholes next plz.

I'd want G Nev. God I used to hate the guy but he's one of the more astute football talking heads arouns and it seems he really has a grasp on tactics and the mind of a player. I think he'd make a very good coach.

I know nothing about P Nev except his mediocre footballing ability to be fair

Timurid

Meh, we will see if Villa and Sunderland's transfer policy of quantity works in the long run.

Wouldn't be surprised if both or one of them are bottom half or lower this year.

Might be wrong, but bringing in shedloads of unproven PL players isn't always a good strategy, regardless of how good they are on paper. See newcastle last year.

Newcastle brought all those players in January right? At least villa are buying their players before preseason so they have time to gel with each other.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I don't know why but the idea of the likes of Ferdinand being 'coached' by Phil Neville makes me fucking laugh. What could he of all people teach the squad? Genuine question. I've never rated him as anything other than a decent and versatile player for Man Utd.

'See this? Don't do it, trust me'

I don't know why but the idea of the likes of Ferdinand being 'coached' by Phil Neville makes me fucking laugh. What could he of all people teach the squad? Genuine question.
You don't have to be a great player to be a good coach though.

I have no idea if he is a good coach or not, this is his first coaching position as it is. And it's not like he is being given a senior coaching role. There are already several coaches with experience there ahead of him.

But I'm glad he's there because he cares and knows about the club, for me it's nice to have that kind of person involved.

I'd want G Nev. God I used to hate the guy but he's one of the more astute football talking heads arouns and it seems he really has a grasp on tactics and the mind of a player. I think he'd make a very good coach.

I know nothing about P Nev except his mediocre footballing ability to be fair
Hopefully G Nev comes on board eventually. I think he wants to manage though.

He said he won't jump into anything for a while though, said he wants to take his time and learn about coaching and football in general from a distance before he takes a job.

flippedb

Banned
Why is this Picunt I made not in the OP? :((

jKB9P8GxtPv3.png

Ha Sleepless you cunt, I pretty much predicted your shitty idea for players leaning on the banners.

#Iknowyoubetterthanyouknowyourself

If anyone's up for it, there's a GAF TLoU torunament being planned for Saturday night, 9pm BST

GorillaJu

Hopefully G Nev comes on board eventually. I think he wants to manage though.

He said he won't jump into anything for a while though, said he wants to take his time and learn about coaching and football in general from a distance before he takes a job.

Yeah he's still plenty young to be starting a managing career.

I feel like no one bbc, sky, itv, Al Jazeera sports etc talks sense like he does. Ex managers like Souness and Curbishly sound like fools compared to him. I think Carragher actually has a bit of that pragmatic wisdom in him as well, but we'll have to see how it works out for him as a pundit. I think either of those two could be good coaches or managers if they went all out at it.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Mortal Kombat has taught me that I do not have the dexterity for fighting games.

Glad you like it guys! If only I could remove the first 2 pages, although they're a bit funny in their own right.

Thanks to Liverpool Football Club for hiring such a talented photographer who was able to inspire me to fix that OP.

Shut up Hitcher.

Slizz

So people where the drinking age is 18 are you underage drinking frequently prior to your 18th?

I feel like having it be 21 in the U.S. is actually a detriment since every kid is underage(binge) drinking for around 4 years....

Yen

So people where the drinking age is 18 are you underage drinking frequently prior to your 18th?

I feel like having it be 21 in the U.S. is actually a detriment since every kid is underage(binge) drinking for around 4 years....
16 or 17 is when most start

Carbonox

Yah I was out every week from the age of 16 drinking frosty jacks and the other disgusting cheapo variants until I was old enough to go pubs and other places legally. :lol

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Quiche, Hixx and me will be playing later. Join us, I predict laughs, we'll all be awful

Quiche invited me about 10 mins ago and steam crashedd, it will now not reopen, im taking this as a sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom