• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedward

Play a diamond. Play Walcott up front like he's been begging since the dawn of recorded time. Buy a DM. Play Cesc and Ramsey and Ozil together.

Weep for Jack.

Rather we sign a striker and play Sanchez and Walcott on either side of him.

Ramsey Ozil and a DM behind them.

Wilbur

Banned
Bent was on the bench, and I thought he should have gone on late game for Agbonlahor. I really don't know where Gabby fits in, especially after Benteke and Kozak are fit.

You have a squad now though, mucho importante.

wilbur, what about cream pies?

not savoury

so

yes
datholdupplayy9ibe3.png

Salvadora

It's joked about, but Walcott being back will be like a new signing.

Him and Alexis bombing down the wings will completely shell shock teams.

DBT85

Since I got rid of Lambert and got in Borahino i had 2m spare, so I sold Dawson and got Ivanovic.

It'll cost me 4 points but I think it'll make up for it.

If you have too many players for the 10, do it Wolfsburg style.

Best one will play there, the others must play on the wings. Survival of the fittest.

Wilbur

Banned
Rather we sign a striker and play Sanchez and Walcott on either side of him.

Ramsey Ozil and a DM behind them.

That's all well and good, but I believe the original point you made was that Cesc and Ramsey and Ozil couldn't fit in the same team.

They could. It would just mean Wenger would have to change his tactical approach, and there's more chance of Woodward getting off the plane tomorrow with a cigar hanging out of his mouth, three stewardesses frothing from the beef and Lionel Messi in his suitcase.

Grealish is proper good

That county fan can attest to that

Think Lambert is a good manager for him too.

Remember when Alex Mcleish tried to ruin the whole city of Birmingham. What a gormless chump.

I'm very excited to watch Grealish this season.

You have a squad now though, mucho importante.

Absolutely, we have more depth than I realized when I looked at our bench, injuries and a few others.

It's not my obsession with 10s. It's Wenger's. He keeps buying all these players that he know are woefully ineffective anywhere other than as a 10 and those that actually are effective on the wing all want to play centrally. it makes no fucking sense.

It's called having depth and being versatile. Yes, those players are probably better centrally, but they can all do a job on the wings if need be.

Common sense, do u hve it m8s

wedward

That's all well and good, but I believe the original point you made was that Cesc and Ramsey and Ozil couldn't fit in the same team.

They could. It would just mean Wenger would have to change his tactical approach, and there's more chance of Woodward getting off the plane tomorrow with a cigar hanging out of his mouth, three stewardesses frothing from the beef and Lionel Messi in his suitcase.

I don't think that lineup you just said is better than what we have now.

So, yeah, i guess we could fit them all into the same team, but what is the point if it doesn't improve us?

That lineup is incredibly flimsy.

It's called having depth and being versatile. Yes, those players are probably better centrally, but they can all do a job on the wings if need be.

Most of them are shit on the wings though. Why buy players that "can do a job"? Why not buy players and play them in their best position?

K1LLER7

Duncan Castles, is he reliable? Anyway, he says Rojo was supposed to fly to Manchester tonight to complete the deal, but has remained in Lisbon instead.

Woowar strikes again!
Di Marzio said he's coming to Manchester tomorrow.

Nani due in Lisbon tomorrow to sign there

wedward

tumblr_n39sctJhKk1rluu8lo5_250.gif

"Gareth, did you hear? and then he said it would completely shellshock teams!"

tumblr_n39sctJhKk1rluu8lo6_250.gif

Don't need this fucking grief, have enough shit on my plate already. Harmless banter is one thing, but the shit said at me in this thread has gotten out of hand.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't think that lineup you just said is better than what we have now.

So, yeah, i guess we could fit them all into the same team, but what is the point if it doesn't improve us?

That lineup is incredibly flimsy.

Most of them are shit on the wings though. Why buy players that "can do a job"? Why not buy players and play them in their best position?

Schneiderlin-Fabregas-Ramsey
----------------Ozil
-------Sanchez/Giroud/Walcott

'flimsy'

Buy a midfielder that isn't Arteta and it isn't flimsy

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Di Marzio said he's coming to Manchester tomorrow.

Nani due in Lisbon tomorrow to sign there

Id like to think Nani had some fight left in him but he just doesnt, either he didnt care neough to improve or he was badly advised, all I know is he had massive potential and completely failed to reach it.

jtb

Banned

that squad depth and versatility really worked out well for us at Stamford Bridge last season.

(also, see: everything from February to May basically every fucking year)

kharma45

Id like to think Nani had some fight left in him but he just doesnt, either he didnt care neough to improve or he was badly advised, all I know is he had massive potential and completely failed to reach it.

It comes down to the fact that he's clearly got a pea for a brain.

wedward

----------------Ozil

'flimsy'

Sanchez, Walcott, Fabregas, Ozil, Ramsey is pretty flimsy.

I wouldn't like our chances against City or Chelsea.

Real question is why didn't United get Cesc?

He is better than Herrera and can play that role apparently.

Cesc? Why didn't we get Pjanic? Why didn't we get any new midfielder? What kind of question is that? We're shit in the transfer market. Come on son.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
It comes down to the fact that he's clearly got a pea for a brain.

It just baffles me, cant be too hyperbolic but he had all the ingredients Ronaldo did, he had everything you wanted to become at least very good. Maybe it was just easy money to be ordinary.

pulga

Banned
----------------Ozil

'flimsy'

Exactly, Arteta is a big ? sign, but with a proper DM that formation could win something more relevant than an FA Cup. Weedle-dee can't help but keep embarrassing himself.

wedward

Cesc? Why didn't we get Pjanic? Why didn't we get any new midfielder? What kind of question is that? We're shit in the transfer market. Come on son.

The Cesc deal seemed pretty straight forward.

You guys have enough #10's at it is and LVG probably didn't want to play him out of position.

L1NETT

Arsenal need some massive bugger to it front of the centre halfs

Some nasty evil sod. What happened to nutty french fucker

M'Villa or something like that. Wasn't he schlepping away in the Russian League?

Like Song but someone who doesn't have the positional ability of a drunken tortoise. Or who actually cares and would rather be playing football than at the Red Bull culture clash

Lightning

Banned
All that needs to happen is the league band together and keep Chelsea trophyless this season. Mourinho will then get the sack and problem solved. League instantly more healthy.

Wilbur

Banned
All that needs to happen is the league band together and keep Chelsea trophyless this season. Mourinho will then get the sack and problem solved. League instantly more healthy.

I am fucking praying for Chelsea to win the league this year. Praying. Didn't happen last year. I can't go another ten months fearing City or Liverpool wins.

pulga

Banned
I am fucking praying for Chelsea to win the league this year. Praying. Didn't happen last year. I can't go another ten months fearing City or Liverpool wins.

m8 why dont you fucking pray YOUR OWN TEAM WINS THE LEAGUE smh

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

I hope Gerrard retires knowing he cost them the title

Liverpool fans will act like he's a hero but deep down they know. they know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom