• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
I wish the first Arsenal/Liverpool fixture was earlier in the season this year like it was the previous few seasons.

Wilbur

Banned
Oh I did beat fortune. Nice.

That 30-30 one from earlier ended 54-53 lool

If only I hadn't made Giroud captain ;_;

Yen

so why do when I say this am I the asshole?
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

legit bants innit

I hope I wasn't being an asshole. I just wanted to know had Arsenal done anything to warrant any relevance whatsoever in Europe.
ibefhJFdeKYMRU.png

DBT85

God every time pulga comes back I think maybe he learned from all the criticism he gets and he'll be less of an obnoxious bully. Maybe he'll stop the inane bickering about meaningless stats and pointless mud flinging and "buh buh buh Real Madrid is better!" Maybe he'll be less mean spirited and behave like an adult instead of a 12 year old in a pissing contest.

Then he comes back every time more pulga than ever.

Why would you ever think that. Ever.

K1LLER7

Well, it is an increasingly harder thing to become.
Lol

Apparently there's been a delay, he was supposed to come to Manchester today but he's been told to stay in Lisbon.

Think it'll be done soon if he's actually talking out about being a United player already.

Lightning

Banned
I wish the first Arsenal/Liverpool fixture was earlier in the season this year like it was the previous few seasons.
I am just having fun banter with Liverpool gaf.

Chelsea are the target this season. I want us to crush them asshats badly.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
It´s a done deal. The question is if Nani is included in the deal. Rojo is a Man United player, should arrive in Manchester at the beginning of the afternoon.

Moreso your opinion on him as a player

Wilbur

Banned
Is 2 broke girls the worst show of all time

If it wasn't for Kat dennings' absolutely sensational bups it would be utterly without worth

EmiPrime

It's a bit obnoxious the way some go on like there is a ArseGAF hive mind. I am just going to start putting people on ignore who do this nonsense because it results in the stupidest back and fourths and snipey one liner wind ups.

I wanted Cesc because Ramsey and Ozil can't be fit all season (nor can they play every game even when they aren't injured) and he can do Arteta's role better than Arteta. You need that sort of squad depth to be title winners. I think it was a mistake to pass up on him, he's an incredible talent and it would have felt so damn good seeing him back. Instead we've effectively strengthened a rival. My opinion hasn't changed.

I am sad that things happened the way they did (and Cesc isn't blameless) but we are where we are.

pulga

Banned
It's a bit obnoxious the way some go on like there is a ArseGAF hive mind. I am just going to start putting people on ignore who do this nonsense because it results in the stupidest back and fourths and snipey one liner wind ups.

I wanted Cesc because Ramsey and Ozil can't be fit all season (nor can they play every game even when they aren't injured) and he can do Arteta's role better than Arteta. You need that sort of squad depth to be title winners. I think it was a mistake to pass up on him, he's an incredible talent and it would have felt so damn good seeing him back. Instead we've effectively strengthened a rival. My opinion hasn't changed.

I am sad that things happened the way they did (and Cesc isn't blameless) but we are where we are.

Before you put me on ignore, please answer how your throat/blood is doing? I asked like two days ago </3

Yen

Duncan Castles &#8207;@DuncanCastles
Marcos Rojo was due to fly to Manchester tonight to complete #MUFC transfer. The Argentina defender has, however, been kept in Lisbon.

Duncan Castles &#8207;@DuncanCastles
@hooks_alan Two words: Ed Woodward.

Moreso your opinion on him as a player

I place him as the second best CB in the Portuguese League last season behind Garay, the only reason Mangala is more rated than him is because the French scores a lot of goals for a CB. Rojo is quick, has good timing for tackling and is the kind of CB that isn´t afraid to have the ball on his feet and will move a bit up the field if has the chance.
He can be a bit impulsive at times and may be a bit harsh with the tackles but if he has a strong voice on the bench, he can be kept under control.
One thing is for sure, he will give it all on the field and will always fight for the ball. He´s very passionate and before his tantrum, he was one of my favorite players and you could really see he loved it here.
Although he doesn´t score much, he wins a lot of balls in the air and he is a good header both defensively and offensively. Also has a very strong shot and has come close to scoring from long range a bunch of times but that´s also because he tries to shoot from far out a lot, sometimes a bit too much.
I think he will do well, if he feels he has the support of the manager and the fans he could do good things at United.

I don't understand how Arsenal fans think they will suddenly do better than us just because they signed Sanchez and Chambers? Who gives a fuck. We will not lose against them this year like every time Mou has faced Wenger and we will finish above of them like every year!

Salvadora

I don't understand how Arsenal fans think they will suddenly do better than us just because they signed Sanchez and Chambers? Who gives a fuck. We will not lose against them this year like every time Mou has faced Wenger and we will finish above of them like every year!
Who said we would do better than you? And you finished below us in 2012

EmiPrime

Before you put me on ignore, please answer how your throat/blood is doing? I asked like two days ago </3

That's kind of you to ask. :) I'll still be house bound for a couple more days but I am on the mend. Got my ticket for Besiktas next week so I will be able to spread zombie plague to north London.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I place him as the second best CB in the Portuguese League last season behind Garay, the only reason Mangala is more rated than him is because the French scores a lot of goals for a CB. Rojo is quick, has good timing for tackling and is the kind of CB that isn´t afraid to have the ball on his feet and will move a bit up the field if has the chance.
He can be a bit impulsive at times and may be a bit harsh with the tackles but if he has a strong voice on the bench, he can be kept under control.
One thing is for sure, he will give it all on the field and will always fight for the ball. He´s very passionate and before his tantrum, he was one of my favorite players and you could really see he loved it here.
Although he doesn´t score much, he wins a lot of balls in the air and he is a good header both defensively and offensively. Also has a very strong shot and has come close to scoring from long range a bunch of times but that´s also because he tries to shoot from far out a lot, sometimes a bit too much.
I think he will do well, if he feels he has the support of the manager and the fans he could do good things at United.

Well this is alot better than the twitterverse would have me believe, wonder why everyone is up in arms about him being average? Obviously LvG sees something in him and this is his first signing of the summer (singing not singing off of)

Who said we would do better than you? And you finished below us in 2012

Who said this tho.

You beat Burnley, chill.

I thought that was exactly what Lightning said? I actually like Arsenal usually, a lot of my friends are fans and I have been to a few games. No idea what we have actually done to Arsenal that makes you all hate us. You didn't want Cesc, we didn't steal him or anything.

Treat Nani well.

He's jokes :*(

I still don´t think Nani will come and without a doubt he is the reason Rojo isn´t still at Manchester. Rojo will be a United player for sure in the next few hours (could even take a day or two), the thing now is that we want Nani and we are trying to do everything to get a deal that isn´t financial suicide for us and also convince him to come. Even if Nani fails, a deal will be done.

Scum

Feeling any better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom