• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

RT2: Marcos Rojo: "Juan Sebástian Verón told me about what it is to play for Manchester United. Tomorrow I travel and join the squad".

So he's coming tomorrow. Ed don't mess this up pls.

wedward

I don't understand how Arsenal fans think they will suddenly do better than us just because they signed Sanchez and Chambers? Who gives a fuck. We will not lose against them this year like every time Mou has faced Wenger and we will finish above of them like every year!

You are awfully young.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I still don´t think Nani will come and without a doubt he is the reason Rojo isn´t still at Manchester. Rojo will be a United player for sure in the next few hours (could even take a day or two), the thing now is that we want Nani and we are trying to do everything to get a deal that isn´t financial suicide for us and also convince him to come. Even if Nani fails, a deal will be done.

Nani is still only 27

Gah, it boils my blood to know that he could still do something with his career but he cant do it here.

omgkitty

I thought that was exactly what Lightning said? I actually like Arsenal usually, a lot of my friends are fans and I have been to a few games. No idea what we have actually done to Arsenal that makes you all hate us. You didn't want Cesc, we didn't steal him or anything.

The hate we feel for Chelsea runs much deeper than Cesc. I probably hate Chelsea more than any other club around. They're a load of cunts, simple as that. You're a city rival who literally achieved nothing until Abramovich showed up, and both him and Mourinho are petulant children. You think you can throw money at any problem. Mourinho has never won anything without a load of someone else's money to spend. He talks a big game, but is a conceitful piece of shit who cares about no one but himself. He's never had to actually work with what he's had. Chelsea were pretty much the blueprint for shit oil clubs like City, PSG, Monaco etc. You started a nasty trend that no one likes but the fans of those clubs.

Well this is alot better than the twitterverse would have me believe, wonder why everyone is up in arms about him being average? Obviously LvG sees something in him and this is his first signing of the summer (singing not singing off of)

He was shit in Russia and his first season at Sporting was one of the worst seasons in the history of the club. Last season he improved a lot but we didn´t qualify for European football so his improvement was unseen by most of Europe.

pulga

Banned
So, Cerci announced his signing for Atletico through Twitter, but later deleted the tweet and claimed someone hacked his account

I love this new-age social media muppeting
KuGsj.gif

That's kind of you to ask. :) I'll still be house bound for a couple more days but I am on the mend. Got my ticket for Besiktas next week so I will be able to spread zombie plague to north London.

Very good to hear! Cheers, have fun!

DBT85

Think I'll stick with Fabregas as my Captain for next week. City, Arse, Pool and United have games I can't be sure my players will get decent points, but Fabregas against Leicester should be good.

Lightning

Banned
It's a bit obnoxious the way some go on like there is a ArseGAF hive mind. I am just going to start putting people on ignore who do this nonsense because it results in the stupidest back and fourths and snipey one liner wind ups.

I wanted Cesc because Ramsey and Ozil can't be fit all season (nor can they play every game even when they aren't injured) and he can do Arteta's role better than Arteta. You need that sort of squad depth to be title winners. I think it was a mistake to pass up on him, he's an incredible talent and it would have felt so damn good seeing him back. Instead we've effectively strengthened a rival. My opinion hasn't changed.

I am sad that things happened the way they did (and Cesc isn't blameless) but we are where we are.
Most of us wanted Cesc back. I wanted him back too and had a rant when we passed him over. All I'm saying is one can understand why Wenger passed him over. Özil left Madrid because of competition, he wants to start, and we have other priorities. Has Wenger strengthened those areas enough? Not in my opinion but Ramsey is damn good, he will score us a lot of goals this season. Fabregas coming in would have affected both Özil and Ramsey.

We need a strong DM but we're not going to get one. We needed a Cavani like striker too but after we signed Sanchez I knew that was no longer possible. It is what it is but Özil and Ramsey are damn good, they'll do a job for us.

Most of us remember when Arsenal consistently finished ahead of Chelsea.

This was before you got bought by a criminal.

I remember not beating you at Highbury for ages then finally doing it in the CL QF and loving it. I did support Chelsea before we were bought even if it doesn't actually remember. I remember watching United/Arsenal being the biggest clubs and us only doing well in the cups! It made this success even sweeter! Winning the CL is absolutely the best moment in my life so far and I will never forget Lampards double against Bolton to win the league the first time. I remember beating Villa in the FA Cup final in 2000 and that being amazing even though I was so young. Just cause I am young doesn't make a fucking difference.

wedward

Yes, let's focus on what is really important.

The fact that we aren't signing a DM or Striker.

Incredible. Really incredible.

Lightning

Banned
I thought that was exactly what Lightning said? I actually like Arsenal usually, a lot of my friends are fans and I have been to a few games. No idea what we have actually done to Arsenal that makes you all hate us. You didn't want Cesc, we didn't steal him or anything.
Excuse me? I said Chelsea are the target and I want us to badly beat you. I said nothing about expectations.

Nani is still only 27

Gah, it boils my blood to know that he could still do something with his career but he cant do it here.

Nani has been forever living in the shadow of Ronaldo and that´s a weight no one can support. He was tasked to replace Ronaldo both in Sporting and in Manchester United but making someone forget Ronaldo is an impossible task and he clearly felt that burden.
I think he has been waiting for Juve to make a move for him for a while but it seems that isn´t going to happen.
He´s probably afraid of coming back as it could be seen as a statement of failure, that he can make it here but not anywhere else. I think a year here could do him a ton of good. He´ll be received as a god by the fans, will be part of a good squad that´s going to play in the Champions again and if makes a true effort here, he will remind everyone why he was so rated by everyone in the past. The skills are there, he just needs time and support to return to his true form but that won´t happen at United right now, there´s just too much pressure for everyone at the club.

EmiPrime

Most of us wanted Cesc back. I wanted him back too and had a rant when we passed him over. All I'm saying is one can understand why Wenger passed him over. Özil left Madrid because of competition, he wants to start, and we have other priorities. Has Wenger strengthened those areas enough? Not in my opinion but Ramsey is damn good, he will score us a lot of goals this season. Fabregas coming in would have affected both Özil and Ramsey.

We need a strong DM but we're not going to get one. We needed a Cavani like striker too but after we signed Sanchez I knew that was no longer possible. It is what it is but Özil and Ramsey are damn good, they'll do a job for us.

I understand it but I just don't like it and fear it will massively backfire. :(

I am really happy about Chambers though; incredible how well he has adjusted in such a short space of time. I really hope agents and footballer lifestyle nonsense don't corrupt him.

Lightning

Banned
Only when I wake up.

Bingeing on Strepsils and drinking Benylin from the bottle. This isn't so bad!
Hope you get better soon. Fantastic member of Arse-GAF.

I understand it but I just don't like it and fear it will massively backfire. :(

I am really happy about Chambers though; incredible how well he has adjusted in such a short space of time. I really hope agents and footballer lifestyle nonsense don't corrupt him.
I fear it will back fire too. Puts even more pressure on Özil to perform as he will be compared to Cesc nonstop.

Chambers will be great but needs development time. He seems to have a great level head on his shoulders but who knows what will happen in the future. I am delighted with his signing though.

K1LLER7

Marcos Rojo: "It's a dream to come to Manchester United. A luxury that van Gaal will coach me".

Time to watch his Youtube Videos.

How about some late night speculation before bed time? Hearing from multiple sources that Nani has agreed to come back to Sporting on loan for a season, Sporting and Man United are trying to close the deal, Rojo is an United player but United are also trying to find company for him in the plane. If Woodward´s trip to Lisbon is completely successful, United will only be looking for a striker next.

As I said in the beginning, this is just speculation but those sources have been right too many times in the past so they deserve the benefit of the doubt.

omgkitty

How about some late night speculation before bed time? Hearing from multiple sources that Nani has agreed to come back to Sporting on loan for a season, Sporting and Man United are trying to close the deal, Rojo is an United player but United are also trying to find company for him in the plane. If Woodward´s trip to Lisbon is completely successful, United will only be looking for a striker next.

As I said in the beginning, this is just speculation but those sources have been right too many times in the past so they deserve the benefit of the doubt.

What?

Uh oh. Not William, please not William.

Why would we be looking for a striker? How much company are we talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom