• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAM09

That Cesc argument was fucking hilarious. Ramsey is a already a better player than Cesc ever was for us. Cescs creativity is par with Ozil but one of them is younger and isn't as injury prone. I'd rather get a solid DM than have Cesc back in the team. I'm not beating myself up over Cesc because ultimately he won fuck all with us.

Last time I looked, teams win trophies, not indiduvials.

rodvik

That Cesc argument was fucking hilarious. Ramsey is a already a better player than Cesc ever was for us. Cescs creativity is par with Ozil but one of them is younger and isn't as injury prone. I'd rather get a solid DM than have Cesc back in the team. I'm not beating myself up over Cesc because ultimately he won fuck all with us.

Wait, did an Arsenal fan just diss Cesc because he didn't win anything .....at Arsenal?

shyamalan4.jpg

Thats some judo trick man. Well played, well played.

:)

Draconian

Yeah, it's about as hilarious as your nonsensical argument is in this post. How is the amount of trophies he won at Arsenal relevant at all to this discussion?

jtb

Banned
injury prone? ehh... Ozil's pretty fragile.

Fabregas is a good player, maybe even a great one depending on how much is left in the tank + how Mourinho uses him (today seems to suggest that he'll do just fine). Ozil's a good player too.

both do have a tendency to switch off at times and (!!!) pass it to the opposition in key matches of the season

unfair, I know, but still bitter

omgkitty

I think it will be pretty interesting to see Oğuzhan Özyakup tomorrow in our match. I know some people thought it was dumb for us to let him go, and it seems he's been pretty good for Besiktas since joining.

DBT85

I don't think any player has ever left United that I hate, let alone loathe like Arsenal fans seem to over Cesc.

jtb

Banned
I don't think any player has ever left United that I hate, let alone loathe like Arsenal fans seem to over Cesc.

loathe?

the Fabregas stuff seems pretty tame compared to the vitriol directed towards the likes of RVP, Nasri, etc.

Lightning

Banned
Loathe? Should have seen the RVP posts. This is pretty tame. More a debate on whether Wenger's decision of preference on Özil was the correct one.

I doubt many Arsenal fans loathe Cesc. I recently named him as my favourite player despite signing for Chelsea.

How have people done with FPL this week?

I'm happy 66 pts which puts me 30th so far.

Luis not starting means he is my first transfer out (Clyne in) so I have 1m left for a number of possible upgrades.

FuturusX

To be fair to Arsenal fans. How many teams have lost so many great players whilst having sniffed at greatness for so long.

Lightning

Banned
No other fanbase here argues as much as you guys do. It's pretty plain as day to see and everyone knows it. Many times it's the same arguments repeated ad nauseum too.
We debate with one another. It's healthy to do that, you don't need a fanbase of robots having the same opinion. Debating is not hating. It helps that our fanbase is very active too.

jey_16

Banned
I dont understand why Utd would pay 50m for Di Maria and not 45m for Vidal? Unless Vidal was never really for sale. Di Maria just seems like a panic buy, Vidal is what they really needed.

Slizz

He's shit according to everyone. Enjoy our last signing till December.

<insert more United transfer talk here>

I dont understand why Utd would pay 50m for Di Maria and not 45m for Vidal? Unless Vidal was never really for sale. Di Maria just seems like a panic buy, Vidal is what they really needed.

We need both.

And fuck Di Maria is a steal. God bless Hames Rodriguez to be such a handsome bastard that just having him will sell jerseys to lusty men and women everywhere, and we can get Di Maria who was pretty great for RM last year.

Mastadon

Banned
How have people done with FPL this week?

I'm happy 66 pts which puts me 30th so far.

Luis not starting means he is my first transfer out (Clyne in) so I have 1m left for a number of possible upgrades.

Sitting on 73 which puts me 7th. I'm tempted to swap Coutinho out for Sigurdson, but I've also got Schlupp in my defence and Leicester are going to get turned over by Chelsea.

Is Filipe Luis injured? Curious why he wasn't in the lineup today and what's his status moving forward?

Crazy though that Chelsea's defense is just going to get better.

No other fanbase here argues as much as you guys do. It's pretty plain as day to see and everyone knows it. Many times it's the same arguments repeated ad nauseum too.

I dunno. the ManU fans all love to argue who thinks their team is more shit. Or how shit Woodward is or how shit Rooney's head looks. I'm just saying, lots of competition here as of late.

jey_16

Banned
who/what gave you that idea

If he is/was for sale....someone would have bought him, unless the asking price was too high.

But even 50m is worth it for Vidal, and i would rather see the cash go to Juventus rather then Madrid for Di Maria

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
If he is/was for sale....someone would have bought him, unless the asking price was too high.

But even 50m is worth it for Vidal, and i would rather see the cash go to Juventus rather then Madrid for Di Maria

I like you

MAROTTA

tumblr_mfq2j5LHJ81s1b1gmo1_500.gif

give them Artorias the Abysswalker

FootballFan

Nice.

Who do you support. You're on the good list already m8.

I think it'll go down as Arsene's biggest error in an already long list of ones.

Morning, people

I can't really think of a way to get the best of Fabregas, Ramsey, Ozil and Sanchez in the same team without sacrificing all defensive solidity in midfield, so nah. With that much money at stake, buying him partly to stop him goung to Chelsa shouldn't even have entered their thinking. They signed the players they needed with the money they have available

Assuming you're talking about them deciding not to buy Fabregas, haven't caught up with the thread :p

jey_16

Banned
Nice.

Who do you support. You're on the good list already m8.

ManUtd but i have a soft spot for Juventus being a Ferrari supporter in F1. Like managing the Italian teams in Football manager as well.

Conte just left Juventus to manage the national team in my current game :( although atleast he waited until the 16/17 season

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
ManUtd but i have a soft spot for Juventus being a Ferrari supporter in F1. Like managing the Italian teams in Football manager as well.

Conte just left Juventus to manage the national team in my current game :( although atleast he waited until the 16/17 season

Juve and Junited. You're like KidA's and Zabo's wet dream

WELCOME&#55357;&#56856;

FootballFan

Ah nice. Welcome m8.

And a Ferrari bro. Poor schumi :(

Which do you think will happen first, United winning the title or Ferrari winning the constructors?

Koko

Banned

United gets Di María. Madrid uses the money for Pogba next year. Juventus gets the money.

Everyone is happy.

Zabojnik

Pretty much the perfect Footy-GAF member. Welcome! #Junited

DBT85

Which do you think will happen first, United winning the title or Ferrari winning the constructors?

Ferrari won't win anything until they stop playing the blame game internally, and United won't win a title until WooWoo splashes another £150-200m.

It's an impossible question to answer, since neither will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom