• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Christ, what a fucking deal.

"According to @AHunterGuardian, Balotelli has taken a 50% pay cut to join #LFC with an additional £2m/year based on performance and behaviour"

Salvadora

Walcott will get maybe one or two games up top this season.

Giroud, Sanogo, Sanchez are all probably ahead of him in the pecking order.
Have to be honest, although I'm very happy with the players we've brought in this summer, it would be criminal to finish this transfer window without at least a DM (and a CF)

Sure, the argument will be made that we're in the market and sometimes the right players aren't available, but we have to do something.

pulga

Banned
Fuck off Simeone you stupid childish cunt.

While Im at it, fuck off Florentino for not giving di Maria the money he wants. Ugh.

jtb

Banned
I'll say it over and over again: play Theo through the middle.

I get that Wenger only played Theo through the middle because he desperately needed him to sign a new contract. But it's not like he was terrible there. I think it's higher variance than putting Giroud up front because Theo can't really hold up the ball and he's obviously not an aerial threat. (He's taller than Sanchez though) But while Giroud can hold the ball up, he is comically useless on the counter... I mean, you're not going to get better chances to score than those and if you can't convert them, you have a very large problem.

Also, we never cross the ball to Giroud in the air anyways. He can't knock balls down like Crouch because he's shorter than the CBs and even if he could, I'm sure just the thought of playing hoofball gives Wenger nightmares. Giroud has scored... one? headed goal at Arsenal. He only scored one at Montpelier. His height is overstated and doesn't offer anything.

(and don't tell me we need him to defend corners. at that point, you're basically putting him on the same level as Torres.)

Suen

My god Loliga..

A dive after EVERY. SINGLE. CHALLENGE.

Epl is truly the best league in the world
Only because Juventus is so fucking boring to watch. Put all your best strikers together and it's still more entertaining to watch Amauri trying to score.

Arnie

What was he on at Milan?

From the Guardian, indicating he was on £160,000 per week at Milan (christ).

Barring any reservations on Rodgers’ part, Balotelli will be Liverpool’s final signing of a productive summer. A £16m fee has been agreed with Milan and personal terms have also been resolved following smooth negotiations between the Liverpool chief executive, Ian Ayre, and Balotelli’s agent, Mino Raiola. The striker has accepted a basic £80,000-a-week deal from Liverpool, half what he earns in Italy, with top-ups dependent on a series of stringent behaviour-and-performance clauses worth up to £2m a year. He has been offered a three-year contract with the option of a fourth belonging solely to Liverpool.

Seems like a phenomenal deal on our part. Can't lose. Those wages aren't large at all in the modern game. And the carrot is there for him to get his head down and produce.

wedward

Have to be honest, although I'm very happy with the players we've brought in this summer, it would be criminal to finish this transfer window without at least a DM (and a CF)

Sure, the argument will be made that we're in the market and sometimes the right players aren't available, but we have to do something.

We have needed a DM since Song left in 2012. Even longer than that because Song was a shit DM.

We have needed a top CF since 2012 when RVP left.

It's beginning to get a bit ridiculous.

I'll say it over and over again: play Theo through the middle.

I get that Wenger only played Theo through the middle because he desperately needed him to sign a new contract. But it's not like he was terrible there. I think it's higher variance than putting Giroud up front because Theo can't really hold up the ball and he's obviously not an aerial threat. (He's taller than Sanchez though) But while Giroud can hold the ball up, he is comically useless on the counter... I mean, you're not going to get better chances to score than those and if you can't convert them, you have a very large problem.

Also, we never cross the ball to Giroud in the air anyways. He can't knock balls down like Crouch because he's shorter than the CBs and even if he could, I'm sure just the thought of playing hoofball gives Wenger nightmares. Giroud has scored... one? headed goal at Arsenal. He only scored one at Montpelier. His height is overstated and doesn't offer anything.

(and don't tell me we need him to defend corners. at that point, you're basically putting him on the same level as Torres.)

Rather play Sanchez than Theo up top. Everything Theo is good at Sanchez is better at.

What were Milan thinking.

Salvadora

To be fair, that can't be understated.

Remember how comically awful we were pre-Bould at defending in general? I never want to go back.

Zabojnik

Christ, what a fucking deal.

"According to @AHunterGuardian, Balotelli has taken a 50% pay cut to join #LFC with an additional £2m/year based on performance and behaviour"

That's closer to his real value, but still a bit high.

Only because Juventus is so fucking boring to watch. Put all your best strikers together and it's still more entertaining to watch Amauri trying to score.

Why don't you go fuck yourself with an incandescent dildo, my dear Suen?

A dumbass is what he is. He slapped a ref on the back of the head. Embarrassingly childish.

Ale please

ibckEXiHEPXHJg.gif

jtb

Banned

Seems like a phenomenal deal on our part. Can't lose. Those wages aren't large at all in the modern game. And the carrot is there for him to get his head down and produce.

Balotelli didn't really have a choice. Staying with a moribund Milan (who probably want his wages off the books anyways) or go to the only team that was willing to take a chance on him. a rare case where the club had all the leverage. good deal, low risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom