• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Football Ramble went way over the top in their judgement of Man Utd's state now compared to a few months ago. It was like the 'Torres is back' comments, only serious.

Starting to become annoyed by Football Weekly's analysis of games amounting to really vague generalisations and headline-like descriptions

@VillaGAF, how did Cissokho play against Stoke? I kinda like that guy :p

Clegg

United have extended their contract with with their Indian tyre manufacturer.

By Christ there's gonna be ructions if we go another summer having signed more sponsorship deals than players.

The Football Ramble went way over the top in their judgement of Man Utd's state now compared to a few months ago. It was like the 'Torres is back' comments, only serious.

Starting to become annoyed by Football Weekly's analysis of games amounting to really vague generalisations and headline-like descriptions

@VillaGAF, how did Cissokho play against Stoke? I kinda like that guy :p

You are far too nitpicky (
is this even a word)
sometimes :lol

Clegg

I hope Woodward gets caught out trying to haggle down a transfer fee only for another club to come in with the #fullamount straight away and prize said player from us. In fact, that's probably what'll happen with Di Maria.

Suarez is incredible

Cunt

Suarez did nothing, must be broken. Can we return him?

pls do

Miss him already :(

El Niño Maravilla ‏@LanaDawood 5m

PSG confirms that Zlatan Ibrahimovic is out for 4-6 weeks. Edinson Cavani will not leave PSG.

Falcao it is th.....

Falcao it is then.

Cunt

I think I like Mourinho better than Rodgers.

Confirmed cunt

The feels, my god the feels.

pillarsofeternity01.png

RIP

Why does fat Rafa want Fellaini again?

Cunt

You are far too nitpicky (
is this even a word)
sometimes :lol

tbf to myself (¬¬) the Football Weekly complaint makes it about half as interesting as it should be

Whenever ArsenalGAF get on my nerves, I hope Arsenal win nothing. Then I remember City exist, and decide I don't mind Arsenal. Then I think about Chelsea, and don't mind City so much, and just dislike bluemoon and the way success has been given to them. Then pulga posts and I remember that Madrid are the true enemies of football.

Lightning

Banned
Arsene didn't make a mistake in not resigning Fabregas. Arsene has made a mistake by not strengthening the positions that needed strengthening. We should have put in a 50m+ bid for Cavani as soon as the window opened and we should have tied up a dm long before now. That's Arsene's mistake.

With Özil, Ramsey, Wilshere, Cazorla Arsenal have plenty of creativity and scoring goals from midfield is not a problem nor is creating chances.

Still been a good window but could have been a lot better. Debuchy, Sanchez, Chambers, Ospina and soon Manolas gives us good fullback and centre back depth.

Go_Ly_Dow

8:54
According to reports in Italy, Bayern Munich have pulled out of the race to sign Mehdi Benatia due to Roma's demands for the defender. Roma reportedly want between €30m (£24m) and €35m (£28m) for the Morocco international. Manchester United are now seemingly the only club interested in Benatia, although reports claim the centre-half is hoping Chelsea will make an offer.

WJD

Finally finished A Dance With Dragons on my way to work. Good stuff but, save for the last 20% or so, not much happened other than the methodical movement of pieces into place ready for WOW. That's by no means a bad thing though.

SOS > GOT > COK > DWD > FFC

kharma45

Ferrari won't win anything until they stop playing the blame game internally, and United won't win a title until WooWoo splashes another £150-200m.

It's an impossible question to answer, since neither will happen.

Yep. Both my teams are fucked.

Zabojnik

'Outdated'. What does it even mean? It looks fantastic, the immersion factor is off the charts, as with past Infinity Engine games. Someone put it perfectly in the PoE beta thread:

"Like some devs greatly combine the cinematic feeling with their game I always thought IE games are the ones that combine the book feeling with games better than any other game. That's why it's so immersive, your GPU runs in SLI mode with your Imagination."

Baldur's Gate 2 had some of the best realtime with pause combat ever, this is upgrade of that. It will be fantastic. Absolutely nothing outdated about it. Now, if you're the type of person that can't be bothered to learn a dozen keyboard shortcuts and doesn't have the patience to learn how the game actually works (which will take a few hours), then that's on you. The rewards are amazing. Just ask Mastadon.

'Outdated'. What does it even mean? It looks fantastic, the immersion factor is off the charts, as with past Infinity Engine games. Someone put it perfectly in the PoE beta thread:

"Like some devs greatly combine the cinematic feeling with their game I always thought IE games are the ones that combine the book feeling with games better than any other game. That's why it's so immersive, your GPU runs in SLI mode with your Imagination."

Baldur's Gate 2 had some of the best realtime with pause combat ever, this is upgrade of that. It will be fantastic. Absolutely nothing outdated about it. Now, if you're the type of person that can't be bothered to learn a dozen keyboard shortcuts and doesn't have the patience to learn how the game actually works (which will take a few hours), then that's on you. The rewards are amazing. Just ask Mastadon.

Fucking gamers

I'm just taking the piss out of the way its leaning on roots which are pretty old :p

Neymar's hair is worse than Raheem The Redeemed's

#Rahemption

Zabojnik

Fucking gamers

I'm just taking the piss out of the way its leaning on roots which are pretty old :p

I know, I'm just saying. <3

Anyways, what made (some) IE games so fucking awesome wasn't even how they looked at the time or how good the party-based combat was, even though that obviously played a huge part in it. It was the quality of the writing, the sprawling quests which make the ones in games like Witcher 2 and Skyrim look stupid by comparison, and the amount of choice -> consequence scattered throughout the game's world.

If anyone always wanted to try Baldur's Gate 2, but for whatever reason never got around to it, this is the game you should play.

Salazar

Ben Lyttleton &#8207;@benlyt 26m
L'Equipe: Real Madrid agree to loan Di Maria to PSG if they buy him for €65m in a year. PSG want to pay less & 1st need to sell Lavezzi

kQojTxN.gif

L'Equipe: Real Madrid agree to loan Di Maria to PSG if they buy him for &#8364;65m in a year. PSG want to pay less & 1st need to sell Lavezzi

kQojTxN.gif

You guys should be on Lavezzi like a gang of twats on a cunt if that's the case

Don't legally binding 'agreements to buy' completely defeat FFP?

MooSeePoo

Neo Member
Arsene didn't make a mistake in not resigning Fabregas. Arsene has made a mistake by not strengthening the positions that needed strengthening. We should have put in a 50m+ bid for Cavani as soon as the window opened and we should have tied up a dm long before now. That's Arsene's mistake.

With Özil, Ramsey, Wilshere, Cazorla Arsenal have plenty of creativity and scoring goals from midfield is not a problem nor is creating chances.

Still been a good window but could have been a lot better. Debuchy, Sanchez, Chambers, Ospina and soon Manolas gives us good fullback and centre back depth.

Our problem is CL football; if we take MU as an example, I don't doubt that the at least part of the reason why they haven't signed many "top quality" players is the lack of CL football. We're slightly in the same boat; until we wrap up qualification, which is in no way guaranteed at the moment, top-top quality signings will be hesitant to join us. It was the same situation last year - Do you think Ozil would have joined us if we didn't have Champions League for him to play in? If we sucessfully wrap up qualification over the next week-or-so, then I am confident of a big name signing!

Yeah, I should stop being such a Dota fanboy

Sorry <3

What's your Steam name now? I'm sure I had you on my friend list, but people change usernames so often on there, there are about 7 people on there who could be anyone at this point

@MooSeePoo, i think it's fair to assume that any Arsenal target will assume that you'll reach the group stage. Ba may have torn the soul from LFC, but he's still shite

What's your Steam name now? I'm sure I had you on my friend list, but people change usernames so often on there, there are about 7 people on there who could be anyone at this point

@MooSeePoo, i think it's fair to assume that any Arsenal target will assume that you'll reach the group stage. Ba may have torn the soul from LFC, but he's still shite

Yeah, I change my name a lot. Right click and set a nickname, it helps with bastards like me.

It's '....' now btw.

Feorax

L'Equipe: Real Madrid agree to loan Di Maria to PSG if they buy him for €65m in a year. PSG want to pay less & 1st need to sell Lavezzi

Inevitable.

Would a loan be enough for Real to say they've shipped out enough non-EU players so they can get Rumbo?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
PoE looks rather delicious!

@Zabo: update on the car
Buying it used is out of the question because they're unveiling the new model on October and apparently it's gonna look quite a bit different/getting a facelift. What now

Oculus Rift it is

Arnie

I know it's been done to death but I wanted to chime in on some of the discussion from last night as I feel semi-responsible.

I think Wenger should have bought Fabregas because he can absolutely play in numerous positions within the midfield, not just the 10, which he demonstrated last night, resulting in a man of the match award and two assists.

The argument cannot be "we shouldn't have bought Cesc because we already have Ozil and Ramsey" because the amount of competitions you're in and the frequency with which your team picks up injuries means you can never be sure.

All Wenger had to do was be flexible with his systems throughout the course of the season and adapt how the team plays depending on the personnel available.

Moreover Cesc was at a phenomenal price in today's market.

Such a ridiculous move when the lad was desperate to return. Anyway, he's a Chelsea player and on last night's evidence he'll be one of the major pieces in their title push.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom