• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
Sanogo is going to have a good season.

Giroud will not.

I don't see how Campbell is going to get any games this season, should have sold him.

wedward

Sanogo is going to have a good season.

Giroud will not.

I don't see how Campbell is going to get any games this season, should have sold him.

Depends on what's considered a good season. He'll get around 20 goals in all comps. Certainly not great for your #1 striker, but it's not bad for a player of his level.

Jarnet87

Sky Germany says United is likeliest landing spot for Khedira. Some people said Khedira was rejected by van Gaal during his Bayern stint. LVG promotes Kroos to the first team but doesn't want him at his new club. LVG rejects Khedira at one team but wants him at another. The mind of Lewis is beyond a normal humans comprehension.

Blablurn

Sky Germany says United is likeliest landing spot for Khedira. Some people said Khedira was rejected by van Gaal during his Bayern stint. LVG promotes Kroos to the first team but doesn't want him at his new club. LVG rejects Khedira at one team but wants him at another. The mind of Lewis is beyond a normal humans comprehension.

I think Man U needs more creativity and less Khediras and Felashitinis.

jtb

Banned
Depends on what's considered a good season. He'll get around 20 goals in all comps. Certainly not great for your #1 striker, but it's not bad for a player of his level.

I'm thinking 20 goals also.

edit: wait, Giroud or Sanogo? because I say Sanogo has it in him to score 20

Injuries and as a sub. I'm sure Campbell will get some games.

Maybe, but he's still young. if we wanted to keep him, I think a loan move would have been best for both parties. though I wouldn't be surprised if Wenger sells Podolski to open up a place in the team for Campbell.

Jarnet87

Nah. They need a deep holding mid.

Have enough creative players.

We get Carrick back in October, and Mr. sideways himself Tom Cleverly can do that. We need a box to box player, last time we had one was prime Fletcher back in 08/09.

Speaking of Carrick, it's an amazing transformation seeing how he was basically turned from a quality central midfielder into a freaking sweeper lol. Every year after 08 Fergie just kept dropping him deeper and deeper. Under Moyes last season he was basically playing between the two centerbacks.

Pennywise

Nah. They need a deep holding mid.

Have enough creative players.

They need more than one player.

A winger like Di Maria, a deep holding and more defensive midfield player and another more creative type.

If either Carrick or Herrera are injured, they're fucked.
They're lacking depth on nearly every position and the substitutes are rubbish.
Even without international games, you need at least a bench that improves the situation.
I doubt that Cleverly can keep up the competition that actually helps the squad.

It's good that certain youngsters like Adnan get on the pitch with their minutes, that's not on ongoing situation that helps.

Lame. I thought Dortmund plays at 3:30 today.

I hate those annoying 6:30 games we introduced some years ago.

Same.
At least I can play Diablo 3 the entire morning :)

wedward

We get Carrick back in October, and Mr. sideways himself Tom Cleverly can do that. We need a box to box player, last time we had one was prime Fletcher back in 08/09.

Speaking of Carrick, it's an amazing transformation seeing how he was basically turned from a quality central midfielder into a freaking sweeper lol. Every year after 08 Fergie just kept dropping him deeper and deeper. Under Moyes last season he was basically playing between the two centerbacks.

Isn't Herrera essentially the box to box mid.

I think Carrick is done. Don't think he is good enough for a team that wants top 4.

GorillaJu

Man the affinity that Singnaporeans and HK guys and girls have for Comme des Garçons is so weird. I'm in the Omotesando CdG store and literally every other customer here (tbf there are only 7 or 8) is speaking Chinese

Suen

Has Ancelotti been sacked yet?

Jupp save us.

edit: can't fucking believe Di Crotch is leaving. One of our best leavingv because of marketing and money. Perez is a cunt.

Hope it's not United. Fuck them. I want to see another Moyesian season.

FuturusX

Has Ancelotti been sacked yet?

Jupp save us.

edit: can't fucking believe Di Crotch is leaving. One of our best leavingv because of marketing and money. Perez is a cunt.

Hope it's not United. Fuck them. I want to see another Moyesian season.

Good...Good. Let the hate flow through you....

So anything interesting come out of the Van Gaal conference once the embargo passed?

Embargo on a news conference? This is a brave new world.

Any other Liverpool fans glad Balotelli isn't available for Monday? Sturridge is fit (touch wood), and it seems like exactly the kind of situation where Balotelli's head would go and he'd either get sent off, play like absolute shite, or ghost through the game

phaze

Rooney/RVP
Agüero/Dzeko
Costa/Drogba
Sturridge/Balotelli
Adebayor/Soldado
Lukaku/Naismith

Giroud/Sanogo

Arsenal need work.

I agree but lol at inclusion of Ade/Soldado. Our duo will have twice as much goals as them.

Can't quite decide if Balo to Pool is a stroke of genius or idiocy. I guess we will see.

2DlmUyY.png

dNwkiVI.gif

3AQmK.gif

I want to get Morpheus some day!

Congrats m8

tri_willy

Any other Liverpool fans glad Balotelli isn't available for Monday? Sturridge is fit (touch wood), and it seems like exactly the kind of situation where Balotelli's head would go and he'd either get sent off, play like absolute shite, or ghost through the game

hard to tell on this one. he's like a ticking time bomb and you're playing hot potato with him. he can either be killer for us in the decisive moment or do something in a moment of madness and blow it up on our faces or be a dud...

edit: can't be any worse than an asspass or carroll right? right???

hard to tell on this one. he's like a ticking time bomb and you're playing hot potato with him. he can either be killer for us in the decisive moment or do something in a moment of madness and blow it up on our faces or be a dud...

edit: can't be any worse than an asspass or carroll right? right???

Didn't Carroll that motherfucker score against City?

Yeah that's what I thought.

In other news, Mourinho tactical genius, ignoring the right side

eck9U0N.jpg

Didn't he do that against City when we beat them at the Etihad last season? He knew that David Silva had a case of Mataitis and wouldn't track back because he's lazy and we exploited that with a worldy from Branna.

Also, seen Pelligrini say Liverpool couldn't handle the pressure of the title race, well I think they did better than City did for pressure, considering City bottled their two biggest games of the season against Liverpool and Chelsea and Liverpool won like 13 games in a row or something. Lets not act like Liverpool didn't deserve to win the title...

Salazar

Sport Witness ‏@Sport_Witness 3m
The Germans reports about Khedira and Manchester United seem to be inspired by the Manchester Evening News.

Oh dear.

At least Miguel said that Wooders and his underlings/compadres/goblins/offsiders/fixers/lads were discernibly "on it" in recent days.

Also, Spurs can fuck off. Welbz should consider something tasty in Germany.

But they didn't.

Pretty much

1) We didn't win the title, and if you don't win it, you don't deserve to 99% of the time
2) We didn't get a huge slice of incorrect decisions go against us relative to City, especially in the Anfield game against them where they were robbed about 3 times

But they didn't.

So, Liverpools fairly astounding run go 13~ straight wins doesn't deserve the title (especially as no-one realistically had them as title contenders), but City's home form of thrashing teams then playing poorly away from home does? Not to mention with their squad they should have walked it. And they lost their two biggest games of the season as well

@Milanello said:
Silvio Berlusconi's speech to the players yesterday: "Guys, football has changed and we can't compete with the sheikhs. But nothing is impossible if I support you, and you follow Inzaghi and try to play beautiful football. The best way to react is by playing attacking football. You have to stay united, and support Inzaghi with enthusiasm seeing as he is the right coach."

We are already dead. If we weren't so far, we are today.

Also, #FalcaoSognoPossibile. Clearly, after reading this, Falcao has become our no. 1 target, seems obvious. Yup.

So, Liverpools fairly astounding run go 13~ straight wins doesn't deserve the title (especially as no-one realistically had them as title contenders), but City's home form of thrashing teams then playing poorly away from home does? Not to mention with their squad they should have walked it. And they lost their two biggest games of the season as well

Liverpool were welcome to win those easy matches too... So were Chelsea.

Salvadora

The season isn't 13 games long. They finished where they deserved to finish, second place. And that is a good achievement. That defence was woeful, especially considering how incredible they were going forward.

LTWheels

Raiola interview 8: He can be important at #LFC bt will be protected. He better not fail.

Raiola interview 7: He needs to feel free to score goals and play well. Fullstop. No burdens of leadership like at Milan.

Raiola interview 6: #LFC only English team after Balotelli. I wanted him away from Italy, from press, pressure, expectations.

Raiola interview 5: It's not true that Balotelli has special behaviour clauses. His contract is like everybody else's (does not deny bonus)

Raiola interview 4: Balotelli deal will be finalised on Monday or Tuesday. Many little details still to conclude.

Raiola interview 3: At his age, if Balotelli fails at #LFC, his career at elite level is over.

Raiola interview this morning on Corriere 2: I wanted Balotelli to move to a team where he's not expected to be a leader. Gerrard will help

Raiola interview this morning on Corriere 1: #LFC have been interested in Baolotelli for 3 months. Offer only came this week.

Arnie

I've disabled images and gifs for data purposes but it seems like fucking divine intervention at this point.

Raiola quotes are good, specifically the one admitting that if he fails at LFC, Balotelli's career at elite level is over. Hopefully that discussions's been had with both Mario and Brendan and will provide the incentive to get his head down and work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom