• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manager

Cellino is going crazy at Leeds, now they're about to sign three more players. Mirco Antenucci, 19 goals in Serie B last season, Palermo's Davide Di Gennaro who is a fantastic CM in Football Manager and Adryan, Brazilian wonderkid at Flamengo who was at Cellino's old club last year on loan. He says he wants to join Leeds (and Cellino confirm they're talking) but I don't understand how the work permit will work or how Leeds will afford him. 86 potential in Fifa 14!

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes now

Barca confirm Suarez's release clause was £75m but claim they paid £65m. Liverpool insist it was £75m. Anyone seen the receipt?!

Uh oh Tony.

Honestly though there should be forced transparency over fees.

I just skip Meus posts. No point in reading the shit he posts. Whenever I see his post or anyone quoting his posts I keep on scrolling down.

I was talking about Meus and just quoting you. He's the most negative Arsenal fan I've ever come across. It's annoying and he should go support Chelsea or something.

avaya just about edges him. Still have trouble believing that he's an Arsenal fan.

Admittedly, I do complain a lot. The question is whether my complaints are valid, or whether I don't 'balance' my complaints with plaudits and superlatives about the team to appear like a 'proper' fan?

For what exactly?

Acting like a twat and refusing to play for the team he had a contract with?

Don't think he deserves to get booed but he certainly doesn't deserve applause.

He agitated a move for pennies of what he was worth, and then joined a rival. He deserves no more than utter silence.

This is selective memory. Every Arsenal knew Cesc would likely return home to Barcelona, especially with the appeal of joining such a brilliant team. His transfer was the most predictable. Rumours came for several years before he finally left. That doesn't mean we had no right to be upset by it - we needed him. But the appeal of rejoining his boyhood club was one any of us should be able to understand, especially when they are sweeping others away.

He was also upfront that he would only want to return to Arsenal if Barca didn't work, and it appears that is what he did. He talked to Wenger about returning, despite having offers from other clubs around the world. Arsenal had 1st choice. It was all up to Wenger and he ultimately said no because of Ozil.

Cesc then accepts Chelsea's offer because Mourinho sought him unlike Wenger. I'm not happy that he signed for a rival, but ultimately Wenger was the one who refused to sign a world-class midfielder that is rarely available. Wenger was the one who ultimately sanctioned his sale and ultimately let Chelsea have him. Wenger was the one who ultimately sanctioned the sale of RVP and to a rival at that, as he did with Nasri.

But let's instead blame Cesc.

Selective memory. It's utter wank how so many Arsenal fans are blinded by Wenger and instead choose to blame others for the very decisions he made.

Cesc wanted to play for Arsenal and I believe he still does. The idea that we should vilify him for going to Barcelona is beyond the pale, and to then call betrayal because he is now playing for a rival is ridiculous. We threw him away to Chelsea after he came back to our door at a time where we arguably needed him. Cazorla will be 30 next year and Arteta even older. Jack isn't hitting his potential. We will be looking for central midfielders next season.

Cellino is going crazy at Leeds, now they're about to sign three more players. Mirco Antenucci, 19 goals in Serie B last season, Palermo's Davide Di Gennaro who is a fantastic CM in Football Manager and Adryan, Brazilian wonderkid at Flamengo who was at Cellino's old club last year on loan. He says he wants to join Leeds (and Cellino confirm they're talking) but I don't understand how the work permit will work or how Leeds will afford him. 86 potential in Fifa 14!

In real life however, De Gennaro is poop

L1NETT

Good on FIFA?

Leeds are saved!

I'm sure David Di Gennaro and Adryan were really high on Dave Hockaday, ex Forest Green Rovers boss, list. Can't see any issues between manager and owner there

Uh oh Tony.

Honestly though there should be forced transparency over fees.

tumblr_m5ofpy7zO81qcwic6.gif

Alex Song is available on Loan

Bayern pulled out of Benatia deal

It's all happening United bros

Aye, once a liar, always a liar 100% of the time, 24/7 etc.

Obviously not, but you'd have to be fuel to take it at face value

@statheads, how many different games for us has Sturridge scored in, and what's the longest run of starts he's had without scoring?

Intuitively, I feel like he's had relatively few braces and hatricks, so has scored in maybe 28-30 different games, and hasn't gone more than 3 games without scoring. Bringing it up cos someone on FW said they think he's inconsistent and patchy (iirc) but that's not the idea I have of him at all

Manager

Good on FIFA?

Leeds are saved!

I'm sure David Di Gennaro and Adryan were really high on Dave Hockaday, ex Forest Green Rovers boss, list. Can't see any issues between manager and owner there

I meant that he has a high reputation, he's pretty well-known and well-written about for going to a club like Leeds.

Hockaday has nothing to say, Cellino said in an interview he's usually saying "Did I ask for your opinion? No, then shut the fuck up!" to him.

In real life however, De Gennaro is poop

Not even good for Championship?

Arnie

Viva's returning to London?

This is like Cesc returning to Barca. We're going to spit you out m8. The world's moved on.

TrueBlue

Decided against going to Crawley. Could go visit Sutton Nandos on my way down by fudge it.

Mainly because it's Crawley. Have to make do with the radio and a cup of bovril.

Hope we fucking shit all over that awful little club.

I always find your hatred of Crawley amusing since I live there.

You probably made the right choice.

Forget that pic, check out the others! It looks nice, a retro kinda way!

CRPGs are not at all made for me though, I don't feel as involved in the action as I'd like and are a bit...slow (I know that makes zero sense)

I still wanna play BG2 before I perish though

I'm not going to lie, I had just woke up when I saw that post as I was taking a shit, and I read it as PES not POE lol.

I have no interest in Path of Exile either though, but at least it isn't PES.

He wasn't really for Serie B so...

L1NETT

I always find your hatred of Crawley amusing since I live there.

You probably made the right choice.

I do apologise. Well, not really. Maybe a bit

This fight didn't really raise my opinion of them

The stench of the ogre Evans still lingers

Just because they have some high rated kids on FIFA don't mean shit if they have the owner managing the side, a useless coach and a bloated squad of players who don't really want to be there

Stick these kids out on a cold November night in Bolton against David Wheater. Good luck with that

K1LLER7

Forget Benatia.

Rojo will play CB, so I'm guessing we didn't bother with the other lad.

Now get a top CM in and I'll be happy.

Imagine believing what Barcelona say on the subject of transfer fees.

Transfer fees these days are always made up of clauses, bonuses and all sorts that alter the real value. Half the time they are undisclosed and most are made up by the papers.
All this means for me is that I get to pick and choose the price of a players transfer depending on how well it backs up what I want to say at that particular time.

£65 million for player of the year Suarez. lol Liverpool are stupid and shit.
€94m for that racist bitey looney. lol Barca are shit cunts.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm not going to lie, I had just woke up when I saw that post as I was taking a shit, and I read it as PES not POE lol.

:loool

FIFA is slightly better than PES, but they're both shit. Fuck realism and pressing 7 button to shoot, we should go back to the Arcade-esque games :(

Baki

Admittedly, I do complain a lot. The question is whether my complaints are valid, or whether I don't 'balance' my complaints with plaudits and superlatives about the team to appear like a 'proper' fan?

This is selective memory. Every Arsenal knew Cesc would likely return home to Barcelona, especially with the appeal of joining such a brilliant team. His transfer was the most predictable. Rumours came for several years before he finally left. That doesn't mean we had no right to be upset by it - we needed him. But the appeal of rejoining his boyhood club was one any of us should be able to understand, especially when they are sweeping others away.

He was also upfront that he would only want to return to Arsenal if Barca didn't work, and it appears that is what he did. He talked to Wenger about returning, despite having offers from other clubs around the world. Arsenal had 1st choice. It was all up to Wenger and he ultimately said no because of Ozil.

Cesc then accepts Chelsea's offer because Mourinho sought him unlike Wenger. I'm not happy that he signed for a rival, but ultimately Wenger was the one who refused to sign a world-class midfielder that is rarely available. Wenger was the one who ultimately sanctioned his sale and ultimately let Chelsea have him. Wenger was the one who ultimately sanctioned the sale of RVP and to a rival at that, as he did with Nasri.

But let's instead blame Cesc.

Selective memory. It's utter wank how so many Arsenal fans are blinded by Wenger and instead choose to blame others for the very decisions he made.

Cesc wanted to play for Arsenal and I believe he still does. The idea that we should vilify him for going to Barcelona is beyond the pale, and to then call betrayal because he is now playing for a rival is ridiculous. We threw him away to Chelsea after he came back to our door at a time where we arguably needed him. Cazorla will be 30 next year and Arteta even older. Jack isn't hitting his potential. We will be looking for central midfielders next season.

I'm with Meus.

Arsene fucked up.

World class CM for £27 million and he says no.

Complete and utter fuck-up? And where is the DM and striker we desperately need.

No where. Instead, we are still linked to creative and attacking CMs.

I think Wenger needs to go.

Conte please save Arsenal. Thanx.

Transfer fees these days are always made up of clauses, bonuses and all sorts that alter the real value. Half the time they are undisclosed and most are made up by the papers.
All this means for me is that I get to pick and choose the price of a players transfer depending on how well it backs up what I want to say at that particular time.

£65 million for player of the year Suarez. lol Liverpool are stupid and shit.
€94m for that racist bitey looney. lol Barca are shit cunts.

Remember when people started earnestly including Neymar's wages in his real fee to make Barca look even worse? :lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Conte

conte-smile-tav490ai.jpg

“I am excited and I cannot deny it, because in my place would sit any Coach in the world,” Conte considered to reporters today.

“This is the most important national team together with that of Brazil, with four stars on its badge. I am proud of the fact that the President has considered me.

“I take this opportunity to also salute Cesare Prandelli who as CT for four years did a great job. I extend to him my luck for his adventure with Galatasaray. I also thank Arrigo Sacchi for his work with our youth teams. The doors are always open for him.

“I never expected to return to coaching after 35 days. I wanted to take break around Europe, update myself and improve my studies of different languages, and wait for a top European club.

“Then came a phone call from Italy, which is a top, top club, and after taking the necessary reflection, I understood the enthusiasm of Tavecchio and by the second phone call he knew that he had made inroads into my heart.

“You know that I like challenges. I repeat - I have the privilege of being in this position in which everyone would like to be.”

The first challenge is to lift Italy following their World Cup campaign in Brazil.

“The players come from an experience that was not positive, but we have good players who can become a team. In this way, the technical gap to the others can be bridged.

“I like tough challenges, such as when I arrived in Serie A with Juve. And today I arrive in a situation that is not simple, we need to pick ourselves up.”

I'm with Meus.

Arsene fucked up.

World class CM for £27 million and he says no.

Complete and utter fuck-up? And where is the DM and striker we desperately need.

No where. Instead, we are still linked to creative and attacking CMs.

I think Wenger needs to go.

Conte please save Arsenal. Thanx.

Not getting Cesc was a shit decision anyway you look at it.

We'll have to see in the next couple of games. Looked good at LB in the WC, but not seen him play at CB. If he's better than Smalling/Jones/Evans, I'm happy.

He will be. And it allows Evans to play in the actual CB role.

Rojo LCB
Evans CB
Jones/Smalling RCB

is better than
Evans LCB
Jones CB
Smalling RCB

I hope Rafael is our RWB next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom