• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

BvZWuLBIYAAciwl.jpg:large

I want to achieve/taste great things at Barca.

Just don't bite anyone you clown.

K1LLER7

He will be. And it allows Evans to play in the actual CB role.

Rojo LCB
Evans CB
Jones/Smalling RCB

is better than
Evans LCB
Jones CB
Smalling RCB

I hope Rafael is our RWB next game.
Rooney and Januzaj up front too.

Young will probably get a game at RWB and Reece James at LWB.

Nicktendo86

We'll have to see in the next couple of games. Looked good at LB in the WC, but not seen him play at CB. If he's better than Smalling/Jones/Evans, I'm happy.
CB is his natural position I think so should be better. Can't be any worse than the current lot we have, surely?

So whispers that Di Maria might go on loan to PSG, thoughts on that? If true I think we might see Woodward being thrown from a window in the near future.

sohois

Transfer fees these days are always made up of clauses, bonuses and all sorts that alter the real value. Half the time they are undisclosed and most are made up by the papers.
All this means for me is that I get to pick and choose the price of a players transfer depending on how well it backs up what I want to say at that particular time.

£65 million for player of the year Suarez. lol Liverpool are stupid and shit.
€94m for that racist bitey looney. lol Barca are shit cunts.

Liverpool fans are just the same as Barca when it comes to it as well - we're all going to go on insisting that Lallana was only £16million because of Bournemouth.

K1LLER7

Rojo is crap.

We'll sign another CB IMO.
I don't think we will.

CB is his natural position I think so should be better. Can't be any worse than the current lot we have, surely?

So whispers that Di Maria might go on loan to PSG, thoughts on that? If true I think we might see Woodward being thrown from a window in the near future.
He seemed set on PSG for a while. Always doubted we'd have a chance of getting him.

Arnie

Liverpool fans are just the same as Barca when it comes to it as well - we're all going to go on insisting that Lallana was only £16million because of Bournemouth.
Aye, it's how the club paints it.

We said Moreno was £12 million when in fact, with bonuses and clauses it will be higher. We said Borini was a £14 million offer when in fact it is initially less than that. That fee is the maximum it could be.

There's no way in hell the final amount for Suarez is £65 million when the clause is indeed higher (as we know it is). I'd like to think people know enough about our owners after last summer.

Manager

Just because they have some high rated kids on FIFA don't mean shit if they have the owner managing the side, a useless coach and a bloated squad of players who don't really want to be there

Stick these kids out on a cold November night in Bolton against David Wheater. Good luck with that

Only one of them is a kid, the rest are 25+ old. And of course I know that Fifa stats aren't real life, he's still very high regarded outside of that and my point was that he's said publicly he really wants to come (and obviously all the signings also want to come). Leeds are known for settling with players like Danny Pugh, Drury and Ashdown on free transfers, if they can sign someone who is highly regarded and has experience of playing in Serie A, it's a great moment for them. Last summer was all about players rejecting Leeds, now they're getting deals done. Maybe they're Italian and whatnot, but at least they're getting some new blood into the squad with experience.

Few Leeds fans expect promotion this season (and Cellino publicly said the same), but they have a chance to at least get something going for the future instead of just buying League 1 rejects like they've done previously with Bates. The McCormack sale has helped the finance a lot.

Cellino is working night and day to get Leeds running again, it will take time but at least this is a step in SOME direction. With Bates they just floated, saving every penny and putting money into restaurants instead of the squad. Cellino has said "fuck that" and just completely focused on the squad - get the tired players out and get some new blood in. And If he can buy back Elland Road this year on top of getting a better squad it will be a fantastic step towards healthy finances.

Aye, it's how the club paints it.

We said Moreno was £12 million when in fact, with bonuses and clauses it will be higher. We said Borini was a £14 million offer when in fact it is initially less than that. That fee is the maximum it could be.

There's no way in hell the final amount for Suarez is £65 million when the clause is indeed higher (as we know it is). I'd like to think people know enough about our owners after last summer.

#thefinalamount
#thefullamount

I wanted Wenger to go at the end of last season just before the FA Cup win, but that seems to have reinvigorated his winning ways, so I don't mind him staying till the end of his new contract. He needs to be more flexible tactically though against the big teams.

AND BUY A FUCKING DM/ST

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Forget Benatia.

Rojo will play CB, so I'm guessing we didn't bother with the other lad.

Now get a top CM in and I'll be happy.

Any CM we get now will have to be out of left field, we are linked with no-one except Vidal there and that cooled off weeks ago.

LTWheels

BvY7fd5IQAA0AzN.png

Seba and Pat the Dutchie. What a couple of bros.

How is Skrtel there? He was responsible for Southampton's goal. He did not shift across when Lovren moved left to meet the attacker, creating a large gap. Also he would have been closer to successfully make a last ditch tackle.

Also don't think Rooney was that good.

Never easy with 3rd parties involved.

Apparently Sporting only recieve 25% of the transfer fee. I'm sure they'd want more than that.

Situation right now is like this. The contract between Sporting and Doyen has been terminated. Spartak will receive 20% of the value of the transfer minus the fee they received before (if Rojo is bought for 20M €, Spartak will get 20% of 14.5M€).
Doyen Sports won't receive a cent until the matter with Sporting is resolved in court.
Fifa clearly states that third party funds can't pressure teams into selling a player and apparently we have proof of Doyen's CEO threatening Sporting to sell or Rojo would make some trouble for us.
Things will now move to court where Doyen could end up just getting the 3.5M€ they invested.

Bold One

PES?

more like PoS

Got 2014 on plus, oh god the button lag, shitty physics, online laggy with horrible frame drops

would have been really pissed off if I had spent full price

looks like I'll be getting my first FIFA since FIFA 11

Hixx

How is Skrtel there? He was responsible for Southampton's goal. He did not shift across when Lovren moved left to meet the attacker, creating a large gap. Also he would have been closer to successfully make a last ditch tackle.

It's whoscored, they're shit.

I only posted for Seba and Paddy 8)

Salvadora

Don't think Alexis should have been on there either, tbh.

Mac_Lane

Di Maria coming to PSG is still very far-fetched.

The solution that's being discussed would be to pay Real 10m€ for a one-year loan with the obligation to purchase him for 65m next summer, due to fucking FFP getting in our way.

And somebody has to be sold so that our payroll isn't too high.

K1LLER7

Situation right now is like this. The contract between Sporting and Doyen has been terminated. Spartak will receive 20% of the value of the transfer minus the fee they received before (if Rojo is bought for 20M €, Spartak will get 20% of 14.5M€).
Doyen Sports won't receive a cent until the matter with Sporting is resolved in court.
Fifa clearly states that third party funds can't pressure teams into selling a player and apparently we have proof of Doyen's CEO threatening Sporting to sell or Rojo would make some trouble for us.
Things will now move to court where Doyen could end up just getting the 3.5M€ they invested.
Hope you guys get as much of €20m as possible. Fuck 3rd parties.

Carbonox

Definitely gonna preorder Metro Redux. Looks pretty cool and is a steal for 25 quid given the content. Gives me something to do until Destiny as well.

Clegg

Evra was one of the highest rated left backs in the PL last season according to WhoScored. They're shit.

Anyway. United are fucked. Rojo and whoever else will only be stopgaps and won't improve the first team. We'll improve a bit when players recover from injury, but as it stands we have a poor defence, a poor midfield and zero pace out wiede.

Di Maria is in United's hands. Madrid want to sell and if United offer right they could potentially get both Di Maria and Khedira.

They probably won't get either.

Definitely gonna preorder Metro Redux. Looks pretty cool and is a steal for 25 quid given the content. Gives me something to do until Destiny as well.

I just pre-ordered it from Base.com for £22.99. Apparently they take your money on dispatch. Not sure how fast shipping is tho as I've never ordered from them before.

Di Maria is in United's hands. Madrid want to sell and if United offer right they could potentially get both Di Maria and Khedira.

Based Woodward will see us through

I bet he doesn't last the season if he doesn't get some signings done, can't see LvG putting up with it

Nicktendo86

We've had players in our hands all summer which based Woody has let slip. The man isn't stupid, he a good business man, he is savvy to social media and knows what is being said about him, so why can't he just do his job? Seriously what is wrong with him?

Can't wait to hear the inside story from LVG when he eventually leaves. Shame that Moyes has been gagged.

Salvadora

Graeme Bailey saying we're close to finalising Manolas and he was in London over the weekend.

Need to get this done ASAP.

The reliance on Koscielny could aggravate an injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom