• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

"Surprise urself"

daMPIzy.png

Clegg

I feel a bit sorry for Woowar because some of the deals he thought he'd sorted were kiboshed by LvG when he took charge. But then he opened his big mouth about no transfer budget and unprecedented spending this summer. He's a gobshite of the highest order when it comes to transfers.

Nicktendo86

I don't feel sorry for him at all, it is his job to adjust and get the targets the manager wants, now what the previous manager wanted. He has had a list of targets for weeks and has utterly, utterly failed. I am sure we don't know all the facts, and LVG may well have a part of the blame to take for all we know, but this is the second disastrous summer window and Woodward is the common denominator.

We've had players in our hands all summer which based Woody has let slip. The man isn't stupid, he a good business man, he is savvy to social media and knows what is being said about him, so why can't he just do his job? Seriously what is wrong with him?

Can't wait to hear the inside story from LVG when he eventually leaves. Shame that Moyes has been gagged.

He's clearly a bit thick, van Gaal has too much respect for him. Keeps calling him the CEO.

He's a lousy accountant.

LTWheels

Have to say the PC version of Metro Redux looks amazing. There are some really impressive light effects that's not present in the xbox/ps4 version.

Prob need a beast of a machine to run it though. I'm going to hold off updating my PC until Witcher comes out. Those wolf fur physics.

L1NETT

Leeds stuff

You seem to care a lot for a City fan

All I'll add is while some of these transfers sound great, they could be like Watford fair enough........ it's Leeds

They have the stability of Brian Blessed on a children's donkey ride on Blackpool Beach.

Have to say the PC version of Metro Redux looks amazing. There are some really impressive light effects that's not present in the xbox/ps4 version.

Prob need a beast of a machine to run it though. I'm going to hold off updating my PC until Witcher comes out. Those wolf fur physics.

Same here. Saving up for the glory of Geralt of Rivia's final adventure.

GHG

Ben Lyttleton ‏@benlyt 26m
L'Equipe: Real Madrid agree to loan Di Maria to PSG if they buy him for €65m in a year. PSG want to pay less & 1st need to sell Lavezzi

kQojTxN.gif

Wenger bid 50m for Cavani so this can happen please. Keep him away from Man United and we get a top striker. Its win win.

pulga

Banned
I'm with Meus.

Arsene fucked up.

World class CM for £27 million and he says no.

Complete and utter fuck-up? And where is the DM and striker we desperately need.

No where. Instead, we are still linked to creative and attacking CMs.

I think Wenger needs to go.

Conte please save Arsenal. Thanx.

Damn. Baki is on the cool list along with Free and Meus now #nolongerastooge

Refreshing to see level headed Arsenal fans

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I like how everyone is blaming Woodward for everything

He can't pull the trigger on anyone without the approval of his higher ups or LVGoober

For all you know, LVG is the one who pulled the plug on Vidal. He signed some shocking players with Bayern

United transfers over past few years

The 05/06 transfers. Cheap and succesful.

Season 14/15
Vanja Milinković Undisclosed
Ander Herrera £29,000,000
Luke Shaw £27,000,000

Season 13/14
Guillermo Varela £2,400,000
Marouane Fellaini £27,500,000 Failure
Saidy Janko £700,000
Juan Mata £37,100,000

Season 12/13
Nick Powell £6,000,000 Failure
Shinji Kagawa £12,000,000 Failure
Sean Goss £100,000
Robin Van Persie £22,000,000
Angelo Henrique £4,000,000
Alexander Büttner £3,900,000 Failure
Wilfred Zaha £15,000,000 Failure

Season 11/12
Phil Jones £17,000,000
David De Gea £18,900,000
Ashley Young £17,000,000 Failure
Paul Scholes Free

Season 10/11
Chris Smalling £10,000,000 Failure
Javier Hernandez £6,000,000 Bench worthy only
Marnick Vermijl £300,000
Bebe £7,400,000 Failure
Anders Lindegaard

Season 09/10
Antonio Valencia £16,000,000 Was good then failure
Michael Owen Free
Gabriel Obertan £3,000,000 Failure
Mame Biram Diouf £2,000,000 Failure
Paul Pogba Nominal Failure

Season 08/09
Demitar Berbatov £30,750,000
Zoran Tosic £5,000,000 Failure
Adem Ljajic Cancelled
Ritchie De Laet Undisclosed Failure

Season 07/08
Manucho Signed
Carlos Tevez £9,000,000
Nani £13,500,000 Failure
Tomasz Kuszczak £2,150,000 Failure
Anderson £15,000,000 Failure
Owen Hargreaves £17,000,000 Failure
Rafael Da Silva £2,500,000
Fabio Da Silva £2,600,000 Failure
Rodrigo Possebon Signed

Season 06/07
Michael Carrick £18,600,000

Season 05/06
Patrice Evra £5,500,000
Nemanja Vidic £7,000,000
Ben Foster £1,000,000
Ji-Sung Park £4,000,000
Edwin Van Der Sar £2,000,000

He can't pull the trigger on anyone without the approval of his higher ups or LVGoober

He's no doubt a clown but yeah, it's hilarious that everything gets blamed on him haha. The Glazers are probably perfectly happy with him.

For all you know, LVG is the one who pulled the plug on Vidal. He signed some shocking players with Bayern

Did you real the last article on transfers? Woodward/Glazers walked out of a deal signing a WC midfielder over 2 million pounds. LVG gave them a list even while he was talking about assessment in front of the media.
Vermaelen kept waiting for a proper offer from United that never came (might have worked out for the better in the end) but it shows the complete incompetence of Woodward when it comes to transfers.

He's no doubt a clown but yeah, it's hilarious that everything gets blamed on him haha. The Glazers are probably perfectly happy with him.

Any fan will tell you that the Glazers are as much to blame. Woodward gets most of it because he is the face of Glazer's ownership.

Jarnet87

This. Obviously this is simplifying it down but how hard is it to contact a club and submit a bid for a player. If it were that simple even Woody could get a deal done. Either there are other forces at work or the man is a complete penny pinching buffoon.

Jarnet87

Jesus Christ the stupid money we have paid for awful players, unreal. That 05/06 was the GOAT though, best CB, LB and GK in the Premier League in one window?

Nemanja Vidic and Patrice Evra would have gone for at least quadruple their prices in todays inflated market. The transfers after 08 only confirm Fergie losing his mind.

jts

...hate me...
Dortmunders.

How easy would be to buy tickets for, say, the BVB v Hamburg on the next October 4th?

Easy/not easy/impossible/possible but I'd have to sell a kidney to afford it?

In actual interesting news. This season is the season I'll finally be heading to Villa Park! Planning a trip for May towards the end of the season.

Bold One

Id categorise this as left field as we were linked for a few days then nothing, there was nothing substantial in the links either from any party.

I'd be happy with him, we need someone to protect the back 3

I hope LVG realises we dont have the players to utilize 352 formation and should switch to 433, the premier league has too much pace unlike most other European leagues where 352 would be more comfortable.

I'd be happy with him, we need someone to protect the back 3

I hope LVG realises we dont have the players to utilize 352 formation and should switch to 433, the premier league has too much pace unlike most other European leagues where 352 would be more comfortable.

Yea, I am more and more in agreement that 352 will not work well in EPL. OR we need players that fit 352

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom