• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATF487

I...wat?

Anfield Road ‏@anfieldroad 25s
Mirror: http://ift.tt/1v9mKPh - Liverpool star Mamadou Sakho moves into Brendan Rodgers' marital home - after he moves out #LFC

Everything about this is great

The end of this Athletic Bilbao game has been insane. A couple of red cards, then Bilbao's keeper scores a great header that is incorrectly ruled offside, then the Malaga keeper hauls down a forward but no penalty was given

Hixx

BvvptjoIUAAN_5C.jpg:large

Jesus
KuGsj.gif
Atkinson must have shat it.

Fergie

Banned
Should we really be talking about ability here though? Di Maria wants out at all costs, PSG pulled out, United are literally the only other club that can afford / desperately need a player of his caliber at the moment. The deal basically made itself.
Exactly.

Took him a year to sign Ander.

Suen

Bilbao were absolutely robbed.

That was a pen at the end too.
Yep that too. Malaga's players were cunts and Bilbao should have had at least one goal. It's ridiculous.

Next up is Sevilla - Valencia. This should be a good game, both good teams and Valencia have brought in some promising players from what I understand.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
This would explain why Wellbeck is off now, cant finish reliably enough to be a striker, will not get in ahead of Di Maria or Adnan, sad but true. I also do look forward to still losing with him in our team, because our defence is jokes. But so long as we lose playing good football, that is a step up.

We may even be able to counter attack for the first time in 2 years.

This would explain why Wellbeck is off now, cant finish reliably enough to be a striker, will not get in ahead of Di Maria or Adnan, sad but true. I also do look forward to still losing with him in our team, because our defence is jokes. But so long as we lose playing good football, that is a step up.

We may even be able to counter attack for the first time in 2 years.

omg counter attacks

yessss

sneaky77

Everything about this is great

The end of this Athletic Bilbao game has been insane. A couple of red cards, then Bilbao's keeper scores a great header that is incorrectly ruled offside, then the Malaga keeper hauls down a forward but no penalty was given

I am still not sure what the call on the goal was... it was clearly nowhere offside..

Spain refs always putting a clinic on how not to ref.

It's obvious he was making up for the two reds.. even though they were both deserved.

Barzul

Falcao is available, buy him, loan him, whatever. Can't go further into the season with Sanogo as our only recognized striker. Asking too much of the kid.

TeddyBoy

Shall we do a little game?

Everyone predict how many signings United will make between now and the end of the window, including Di Maria...

I remember Vidal being imminent for about 3 months.

I'm gutted Everton let their lead slip, I know they started last season with 3 draws but they have to get as many points as possible before the Europa League starts hurting them like it does every other team :/

Farid please come back!

Scum

Giroud picked up an injury?

United getting stronger is a good thing, the more competitive the top 7 the better. No good having 3 out of 7 teams who piss on the other 4. Hopefully this season United can win more of the big games and bunch those CL chasers closer together.

Irrespective of United's transfers we're not really ready to be in the top 4 yet so we should just focus on improving our style of play and aim to win the Europa. That's a much more plausible way for us to get into the CL. Guys like Lamela and Bentaleb are not ready to win us big games the way Bale and Modric did, not yet.

YES USHO!

God, I miss Bale and Modric. 😢

slider

Was the Arsenal Costa link just paper talk? I mean before he signed for Chelsea. Haven't seen him play for Chelsea yet but he's scoring. Shame for Arsenal it didn't happen.

I cannot fucking believe we are giving Mussis to Genoa after all the hype and great pre season matches. I fucking hate this club sometimes, he played around 20 minutes for us in official matches.

Fuck, what an embarrassment,

omgkitty

Was the Arsenal Costa link just paper talk? I mean before he signed for Chelsea. Haven't seen him play for Chelsea yet but he's scoring. Shame for Arsenal it didn't happen.

Probably. Costa wouldn't fit in our system and he's a huge cunt. No way Wenger would want him.

Dortmund really had a terrible first half.

After the half time we got into the game and played some really good combinations.
We're lacking a creative player like Sahin,Gündogan or even Hummels.

Kehl alone as CM wasn't the smartest decision.

Decent debut by Immobile, he was working his ass off, but had nearly no decent pass to finish.

I blame Kloppo's shitty diamond 4-4-2, such an outdated formation. I've never been a fan of Klopp's recent 4-4-2 experiment but at least we played with 2 DMs/CMs before Reus was back. That way, you could call it a bit of a modification of our 4-2-3-1 with the attacking midfielder being more attacking. But the diamond one is terrible. And it's really fucking shite when we have Auba and Ciro up front, Reus just behind them and Micky and Jojic cutting in on top of that. We hardly used the space on the wings and there was plenty of it.

Leverkusen did a good job at putting our midfield under pressure in the first half but that wasn't really a hard thing to do to be fair. Going back, there was pretty much only Kehl. Micky and Jojic were never close enough to the center and that made it easy for Leverkusen to attack with Castro, Rolfes, Calhanoglu and Kießling all coming through the middle. With just a single DM on the field, it definitely should have been Bender instead of Kehl as well.

But whatever, the last time we lost 0-2 against Leverkusen on the opening day, the season didn't go that bad :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom