• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

the story, and that long murder investigation quest were fucking brilliant. And of course, dat ending.

but the gameplay :lol oh my god the gameplay :lol I had to use a joystick just to make it FUN

I don't think anything can be done to make Witcher 1's combat fun. W2 was a vast improvement.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
From Ian Ladymans comments I think any deal with have with Di Maria is purely contingent on no-one else being in for him, we apparently offered the best wages and the fee, but he wants CL football. It wont be solved before the deadline thats for sure.

We're playing Britos ahead of Ghoulam for one of our most important matches this year.

We offloaded Vargas to QPR, because Benitez - following in the footsteps of Mazzarri - doesn't rate him for some reason.

And our big midfield signings, after an exhaustive search across all of Europe, will be de Guzman and possibly Fellaini.

This isn't a team that wins a Scudetto. This is a team that'll struggle to qualify for the Champions League - not just this season, but the next one as well.

tQDUUNF.png
Vargas will never succeed with Benitez, best for him to find a club with friendlier lineups. Vargas is not a classic #9, more like a 9and a half, which is surprising that Benitez no longer uses that type of player, back when he was at Valencia Angulo used to be that type of player along with Xisco.
Anyways good luck to Vargas, he is underrated.

From Ian Ladymans comments I think any deal with have with Di Maria is purely contingent on no-one else being in for him, we apparently offered the best wages and the fee, but he wants CL football. It wont be solved before the deadline thats for sure.

Yup sounds like it'll be a deadline day thing where he finally goes fuck it no one else came in for me.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Yup sounds like it'll be a deadline day thing where he finally goes fuck it no one else came in for me.

I mean fuck it ill take it, and at least it looks as if its us and PSG and PSG want to do this dodgy loan agreement thing that solves none of RM's money problems.

Win by default?

Where's this guy now? Wiki says he didn't even go out on loan last year. Injuries? He's 21 now (and apparently only made one appearance for Penarol. Utd signed him on the back of a youth tournament).

Manucho's got to be one of the weirdest names on that list. If goals in the Eredivisie count for half, what do goals in the Angolan league count for?

He's with United's reserves. He was United's best player in their last win covering a number of positions and really excelling in the rcb role because unlike the other cbs in a 352, he doesn't need to be told to go forward. I think he'll need a loan this season. He could be good enough for United's first team, but we'll never know until he plays first team football.

Mr Cola

At which woodward will think: 'ooh, he wants to join now, time to drop our offer by 20m'.

Woodward doesnt seem to know the line between a shrewd deal and a realistic one (insofar as transfers go), this could very easily happen.

Leverkusens manager at the press conference, on Copenhagen lol. "They lost their two last matches and Solbakken told me they are standing in shit to their necks"

Arnie

Nani leaving the country as part of a deal that brings United a defender with poor positioning, marking and mentality?

Woodward is so #based

Jarnet87

Yes.

I'll take anyone.

Song too.

We won't take him, but he's a vast improvement over what we have. Khedira is like a World Class midfielder compared to Cleverly or Fletcher., sad state.

Were signing Strootman end of discussion. Just hope he comes good and helps us push for top half of the table.

doicare

Nani leaving the country as part of a deal that brings United a defender with poor positioning, marking and mentality?

Woodward is so #based
It's all right it could be worse, United could sell their best player, fail to replace him then buy a bunch of players which either don't or barely improve their starting XI.

Mr Cola

Now? Absolutely.

Him too.

Christ we're fucked.

Never know, the Swansea game could have just been an anomaly :eek:

Sunderland will tell us a bit more, i mean we can hardly play worse

Why isn't ManU dishing out the cash for both khedira and Dimaria? Just do it and profit.

Nani did nothing at ManU, there are moments where he legitimately tries but I guess maybe he's just not good enough?

Jarnet87

Why isn't ManU dishing out the cash for both khedira and Dimaria? Just do it and profit.

Nani did nothing at ManU, there are moments where he legitimately tries but I guess maybe he's just not good enough?

Because we are in complete shambles since Fergie left. yes Fergie went senile after 2008, but at least he still had a "plan" in his crazy mental state, and Gill was there to get the deals done. David Gill leaving screwed us big time. was only 57 he knew what a disaster this club would be post Fergie.

Arnie

It's all right it could be worse, United could sell their best player, fail to replace him then buy a bunch of players which either don't or barely improve their starting XI.
And still have a squad vastly better than Manchester United that's capable of avoiding embarrassment at home.

I don't really like Liverpool's squad on an individual level. Brenton just manages to get the team to play better than the sum of its parts.

I still wouldn't take Song. I have my pride.

Khedira I'm iffy on. He's much better than what we have. He's Khedira though.

Why is life so hard.

Hixx

I once mocked those who used the ignore list. I have matured and I have embraced it, now GAF is better for it.

Soft lad 4 life.

Mr Cola

refreshing to have a player who wants to play for us instead of hedging his bets

looking at you Vidal

If we get into the CL next year should be very different, hard to assess how likely this is for a few months, could be a panic january like last one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom