• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

DC. You're my iPad bro from now on. Even if we don't have one yet. I hope the new google tablets won't be too good. Otherwise it's gonna be tought to resist. Especially if the price is right,

Cos I went to the M&S deli and they didn't have any more Halloumi Buns :(

We let go about £400k/week worth so far, I think. Reported that Shaw is on £100k and Herrera £50k. Rojo will probably be somewhere in between.

Ok, that is mental to pay Shaw that much. I hope that's not base 100k/week.

Fry

2014%2f8%2fBalotelliSlideHeader.jpg

Wasnt Suarez like this in his first season with LFC?

Lightning

Banned
Di Maria is obviously leaving and the reports of United are widespread. Di Maria not playing for Madrid against Atletico was a dead giveaway that something is close.

Özil last season didn't play the game before his move to Arsenal too.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Di Maria is obviously leaving and the reports of United are widespread. Di Maria not playing for Madrid against Atletico was a dead giveaway that something is close.

Özil last season didn't play the game before his move to Arsenal too.

Genuinely wonder who will do more this season, if he comes, Ozil is a beast when he wants to be and has a year under his belt.

Suen

:loooooooool Rodrigo de Paul just made his La Liga debut for Valencia. He came on the 66th minute and got a red card in the 67th minute. That's a debut he'll be telling his grandchildren about.

jtb

Banned
Genuinely wonder who will do more this season, if he comes, Ozil is a beast when he wants to be and has a year under his belt.

I agree. iirc last summer Madrid offered clubs either di Maria or Ozil but they were only be willing to sell one, not both. will be interesting to see if Wenger made the right choice...

Blablurn

I'm not denying it. I'm still not feeling the same Bayern hype than before winning the treble. That really changed everything. Of course I watch every game. And of course I don't like seeing them lose but...

Even something like the CL does not have same aura anymore. Maybe it's also because of the fact that we Bayern fans went from the worst to the best outcome in just one year. I think there was never something like this before.

wedward

I'm just a bit shocked that people are putting stock in a known bullshiter who wouldn't get a look in here just a couple of months ago.

Sure, Woodward has probably been talking to the papers, but lets not let darkness take us.

Pointing out that DEAN hasn't put out a United rumour doesn't change that.

I remember when Horse called us out on trusting Ornstein.

He is a joke.

Lightning

Banned
I agree. iirc last summer Madrid offered clubs either di Maria or Ozil but they were only be willing to sell one, not both. will be interesting to see if Wenger made the right choice...
I'll wait until after the transfer window closes to see what the final squads are. Impossible to know at the moment.

Wishere playing too far forward isn't going to work for us. Wenger better realise this soon. Özil needs to be no 10. For me it's no coincidence that our best period came after Wilshere got subbed.

jtb

Banned
I'm so tired of Wenger trying to resuscitate Jacky's moribund career.

I don't know if he remembers this, but he spent 40m on a player that he thought was pretty good a year ago. and then he spent another 30m on another good player. I get that he desperately wants him to succeed but you can't just blow up the entire team just so that you can play him in his preferred position.

Make him earn his place in the team. if he's under too much pressure, then why do you keep forcing him into the starting lineup? stupid. this isn't helping anyone.

and why did he even need to play today? Ramsey's suspended for the CL match! keep him fresh! I don't get it.

I'll wait until after the transfer window closes to see what the final squads are. Impossible to know at the moment.

Wishere playing too far forward isn't going to work for us. Wenger better realise this soon. Özil needs to be no 10. For me it's no coincidence that our best period came after Wilshere got subbed.

agreed.

also, didn't like him subbing off Sanchez first. just play everyone in their best position and sacrifice either Flamini (gamble) or Wilshere.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I'm so tired of Wenger trying to resuscitate Jacky's moribund career.

I don't know if he remembers this, but he spent 40m on a player that he thought was pretty good a year ago. and then he spent another 30m on another good player. I get that he desperately wants him to succeed but you can't just blow up the entire team just so that you can play him in his preferred position.

Make him earn his place in the team. if he's under too much pressure, then why do you keep forcing him into the starting lineup? stupid. this isn't helping anyone.

and why did he even need to play today? Ramsey's suspended for the CL match! keep him fresh! I don't get it.

Jack has CM for midtable team written all over him at the moment, needs to step up, people know they can bully him.

Everyone's putting Rooney on the wing, but I think it's more likely that Mata gets dropped when RVP is fit or the 352 continues with Di Maria next to one of Rooney or RVP.

Is Di Maria gonna be on £200k a week at United?

United wage bill must be getting sizeable, 2 players on half a mil a week between the two of them.

Rio, Vidic and Evra were probably on around 100k each though.

Telegraph think we're looking at Blind and Benatia. I'm guessing Benatia will only happen if Bayern pull out.

Unfortunately. I feel like we really need an experienced defender. Just as much as a solid midfielder--De Jong being a good candidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom