• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedward

I'm so tired of Wenger trying to resuscitate Jacky's moribund career.

I don't know if he remembers this, but he spent 40m on a player that he thought was pretty good a year ago. and then he spent another 30m on another good player. I get that he desperately wants him to succeed but you can't just blow up the entire team just so that you can play him in his preferred position.

Make him earn his place in the team. if he's under too much pressure, then why do you keep forcing him into the starting lineup? stupid. this isn't helping anyone.

and why did he even need to play today? Ramsey's suspended for the CL match! keep him fresh! I don't get it.

agreed.

also, didn't like him subbing off Sanchez first. just play everyone in their best position and sacrifice either Flamini (gamble) or Wilshere.

I agree with all of this except calling it a moribund career. He is 22....

It does feel like prioritizes Jack over everyone else though. Which is obviously not good.

L1NETT

United have spent, and presumably will spend a metic fuck ton of cash

But their squad desperately needed an overhaul and if any club has oodles of cash laying about they do.

Would be roughly 130million including Di Maria? (assuming that latest Horse figure is near enough accurate). Could easily blow to near 200 if they keep at it.

Godan

I'm so tired of Wenger trying to resuscitate Jacky's moribund career.

I don't know if he remembers this, but he spent 40m on a player that he thought was pretty good a year ago. and then he spent another 30m on another good player. I get that he desperately wants him to succeed but you can't just blow up the entire team just so that you can play him in his preferred position.

Make him earn his place in the team. if he's under too much pressure, then why do you keep forcing him into the starting lineup? stupid. this isn't helping anyone.

and why did he even need to play today? Ramsey's suspended for the CL match! keep him fresh! I don't get it.

agreed.

Yeah I think he needs to drop Wilshere and play the 4 of the midfield Sanchez Ozil Ramsey and Cazorla/Ox.

Force Wilshere to play better and fight for his spot as just now is seems like Wenger somehow can't drop him.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
United have spent, and presumably will spend a metic fuck ton of cash

But their squad desperately needed an overhaul and if any club has oodles of cash laying about they do.

Would be roughly 130million including Di Maria? (assuming that latest Horse figure is near enough accurate). Could easily blow to near 200 if they keep at it.

Its fascinating for all his press conference talk that IF 3 deals go through next week he clearly does not think this team is good enough, even for the top four aim.

wedward

Duncan ‏@capsmock 4h
2073, Jack Wilshere's kids arguing about whose turn it is to go to the home and hear about that goal he scored against Norwich for 2 hours

DC. You're my iPad bro from now on. Even if we don't have one yet. I hope the new google tablets won't be too good. Otherwise it's gonna be tought to resist. Especially if the price is right,

iPad > loldroid tablet

it's hard to beat playing football manager in between labs

fifa on iPad sucks though

wedward

on Alexis' performance…
I wouldn't like to go into any individual assessment. At the moment he is not completely ready physically but I don't worry about him.

on what Alexis is missing…
At the moment he knows that he's not at his best physically and once he's at his best physically, the confidence will come back. It's all linked together. It's always difficult to know why the confidence is not at his best. I believe it's mainly physical.

Salvadora

on Alexis' performance…
I wouldn't like to go into any individual assessment. At the moment he is not completely ready physically but I don't worry about him.

on what Alexis is missing…
At the moment he knows that he's not at his best physically and once he's at his best physically, the confidence will come back. It's all linked together. It's always difficult to know why the confidence is not at his best. I believe it's mainly physical.
Something does seem to up at the moment, although I'm sure how his confidence could be shot considering he's only been here for a couple of weeks

Go_Ly_Dow

Nani just missed a penalty...

HJIuEp6.jpg
HJIuEp6.jpg
HJIuEp6.jpg
HJIuEp6.jpg

Evra ruining Junited.

Nani crushing sporting.

Next: Cleverly and Fellaini at Everton and Napa

wedward

Yeah I think he needs to drop Wilshere and play the 4 of the midfield Sanchez Ozil Ramsey and Cazorla/Ox.

Force Wilshere to play better and fight for his spot as just now is seems like Wenger somehow can't drop him.

He must be playing well in training or something. Wenger kept talking about how Jack is in the best shape he has ever been in.

Doesn't matter though if he isn't playing well in the games. Been poor the past two games. He really needs to show something on Wednesday. He'll be playing in his favored position without Ramsey, so really no excuses.

Something does seem to up at the moment, although I'm sure how his confidence could be shot considering he's only been here for a couple of weeks

True. It's going to take a bit of time for him to get on the same page as the rest of the squad though. You can tell when he gets the ball the rest of the team doesn't know what he is going to do or where they should move.

Lightning

Banned
Maybe he's realising the average players around him that this is going to he a hard season? In all honesty our service to Sanchez has been appalling and greatly needs to improve. I'm also starting to think that Wenger doesn't have a tactical approach to this team he's assembling and thats irritating.

K1LLER7

Why say this when there is now substantial* evidence that says we may well be?

*as substantial as football rumours get
Woodward killed the muppet inside of me.

I won't believe until he's holding a United kit, stood next to LVG and Ed Woodward.

wedward

I'm also starting to think that Wenger doesn't have a tactical approach to this team he's assembling and thats irritating.

My biggest worry as well. Looks like he just picks the lineup and tells them to go out and bump it around and try and walk it in.

If we sign a CB and Kos comes back healthy i'd like to see Chambers at DM against a weaker side.

L1NETT

Leeds players were called back from the coach to a meeting with Dave Hockaday in the dressing room after the game today.

fucking hellahahahahahahahahahahha

So some fans call for Pulis gave me a proper belly chuckle

I vote for Di Canio

Imagine Cellino vs Di Canio

I'd pay good for that.

fucking hellahahahahahahahahahahha

So some fans call for Pulis gave me a proper belly chuckle

I vote for Di Canio

Imagine Cellino vs Di Canio

I'd pay good for that.

Hockaday said "I thought we came here and did a very, very good job and played some decent stuff which I'm very, very happy with."

Watford had 21 shots with 6 on target , while Leeds had just 4 shots with 0 on target.

"Decent" stuff indeed.

wedward

Di Maria is a good signing and not one you could have made in July.

I know leaving it late is never ideal, but sometimes you don't really have a choice.

I'd rather sign a world class player on deadline day than just a good or average one in July.

L1NETT

Hockaday said "I thought we came here and did a very, very good job and played some decent stuff which I'm very, very happy with."

Watford had 21 shots with 6 on target , while Leeds had just 4 shots with 0 on target.

"Decent" stuff indeed.

He's a fucking turnip in a tracksuit

I love him so much

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
LFMartins, is this a game you are expected to win?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom