• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiggyRob

The Marie to United

Not bad, not sure about the price though, seems insane.

All prices are insane now though, £50m for David Luiz? Jesus. At least Di Maria is worth £50m+.

I for one am glad that United are pushing the boat out on this deal - we're one of the biggest clubs in the world, it's about time we started acting like it.

Wilbur

Banned
You should, but will it happen?

No, but if Anderson wants to leave because our squad is big and he isn't getting game time, I'm not going to fucking complain.

We have 36 first team numbers, but players like Powell, Varela, Lingard, Lawrence... they're all likely to play in our reserves or go on loan

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Fuck you Yurt. Welbeck is future Messi.

He's better than Chicha :(

Is he?

backheader.jpg

Chicha was pretty good with Fergus :(

Wilbur

Banned
Sell Rooney. Play Adnan in his place.

Believe me, I'd love to. Would love to ship him abroad somewhere, but no one wants the prick.

Would rather Welbeck than Rooney. Doesn't even matter that the latter is a better player. I have my favourites m8

Manager

No, but if Anderson wants to leave because our squad is big and he isn't getting game time, I'm not going to fucking complain.

We have 36 first team numbers, but players like Powell, Varela, Lingard, Lawrence... they're all likely to play in our reserves or go on loan

Looks like you have 26 listed senior players right now (including 3rd keeper) plus future signings. Most squads in CL tend to end up at ~23.

City need to sell Richards, Sinclair and possibly Nastasic so you're not alone...

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
between Soldado, Negredo and Llorente

who would have thought that Soldado would be the one to flop and not Llion?

Wilbur

Banned
Is he?

backheader.jpg

Welbeck is a better footballer than Hernandez. He's a waste of a starting spot. Good to come on when you're looking for a goal and getting it in the box real quickly. When trying to build moves his touch is lacking and he just doesn't have the awareness his reputation suggests.

K1LLER7

All of these United line-ups with Januzaj not in the starting XI make KidA angry.

Also he deserves a start today. Was our best player vs Swansea.

If you're right that would say a lot about the club's ambitions. Not really a good statement to make when you've brought in a top manager and you're spending all this money.

I can't even joke about that. It's way too depressing
I think they'd rather look bad now than risk it. If you offered a significant fee possibly it would e different but I don't see Spurs going much higher than £10m-£12m for him.

Wilbur

Banned
Looks like you have 26 listed senior players right now (including 3rd keeper) plus future signings. Most squads in CL tend to end up at ~23.

City need to sell Richards, Sinclair and possibly Nastasic so you're not alone...

I forgot about Kagawa as well lol

Whoops

So, I did it. I signed with my cable provider for the Premier League!

Now to choose a team to support...

Nice. Anyone caught your eye so far?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Welbeck is a better footballer than Hernandez. He's a waste of a starting spot. Good to come on when you're looking for a goal and getting it in the box real quickly. When trying to build moves his touch is lacking and he just doesn't have the awareness his reputation suggests.

you'd be singing a different song if Welbeck was Mexican and Chicha was the one who dribbled past Nistelrooy.

A DIFFERENT SONG I TELL YA

n_manchester_united_celebrations-1331063.jpg

Marry pls

Clegg

I'm with Willkiller in this one. Won't celebrate until the deal has been officially announced by the club and he's shaking LvG's hand etc.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
All of these United line-ups with Januzaj not in the starting XI make KidA angry.

Also he deserves a start today. Was our best player vs Swansea.

90% of the lineups on redcafe dont have Mata in them

Is he?

backheader.jpg

He was, yes.

Who knows what happened. Maybe he overexerted himself for always wanting to play for his country that did him no good in the long run; or like how some surmised that he was only so good in his first year because many clubs didn't have that much information on how he plays.

All I know now though, he's shit. He just seems to easy to be stopped these days.

To be honest, I thought we were the better side yesterday. It was a huge improvement upon the battering we took last season at Goodison. We were largely in control and our link up play looked good. The Ox, aside from his finishing, looked sharp.

Yeah, we were the better side. But every time they attacked we looked like we could concede. Some better finishing from Everton and the game could have been beyond us. There is also the fact that many times we are the better team and we still get thrashed. We created decent chances, but Giroud showed why we need a world class finisher. He just isn't a good enough finisher 9/10 to score. It was a great header for him to score, but he just isn't consistent enough. Jose is right about Costa, he just buries the chances he get.

Wilbur

Banned
Fady and DC are angry. Like, Yurt levels of angry.

Talking shit again, as usual

"and we're the ones that ruin football!"

yet again, misunderstand why exactly people have problems with City and Chelsea's money and not United's or Arsenal's. Fucking dumb as shit arguments.

K1LLER7

Manquillo, Moreno and Suso at Liverpool.

And we play the nicest football in the league.

And we've got the best manager.

And we've got Mario Balotelli.

untitled-81xyoo.gif
The last bit makes is so much more tempting than it usually would.

Can't wait to see Balotelli at Liverpool.

I think they'd rather look bad now than risk it. If you offered a significant fee possibly it would e different but I don't see Spurs going much higher than £10m-£12m for him.

Probably. Wouldn't be a good signing anyway. Regardless of my feelings on him as a player, I don't think we another striker.

Manquillo, Moreno and Suso at Liverpool.

And we play the nicest football in the league.

And we've got the best manager.

And we've got Mario Balotelli.

untitled-81xyoo.gif

You knocked us out of the Champions League and we stole 3 of your players. Might as well pick Chelsea :p

I forgot about Kagawa as well lol

Whoops

Nice. Anyone caught your eye so far?

It really is a hard call!

I used to sympathize a lot with Liverpool ( When Torres went from Atleti there ) but now I don't know. I think I´ll wait a couple of weeks after some matches and then decide. Love English football, so excited!

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Di Maria's on a plane to Manchester. Not long now.

Redcafe will monitor this plane and give minute by minute updates on where he is. I know this because they did this with Ed-fucking-woodward the last two years when he flew home on "Urgent business".

Yes im going to read all these updates and im not the least bit ashamed.

K1LLER7

yet again, misunderstand why exactly people have problems with City and Chelsea's money and not United's or Arsenal's. Fucking dumb as shit arguments.
Apparently we don't like being on top lol

Mr Cola

Apparently Di Maria has only played on pre-season game, probably introduced slowly, still dont expect much improvement till after Christmas, just hope we can stay competitive in the next few months, new CB's should help that.

Manager

Arsenal, and United (but long time ago), had to start somewhere too.

Fiszman was real reason Arsenal did so well, says Adams
Former Gunners stalwart explains why money always counts when it comes to winning titles

Those calling for more spending on the current team will be interested to learn how highly Adams rated Fiszman's contribution. "I think that a significant factor, 90 per cent, in why we achieved so much is that Danny Fiszman invested £50m in the club and we were able to go to the next level," he said. "I got my first decent contract at the club, so did David Seaman, we were able to bring in Dennis Bergkamp – and that was before Arsène arrived – David Platt, Patrick Vieira, Nicolas Anelka, and were able to pay them – top players from around the world.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...n-arsenal-did-so-well-says-adams-2319483.html

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
(100% serious)

Podolski would be a dream signing <3

I've always always loved him (since Germany's 2006 WC), and for inexplicable reasons. He's not a great footballer by any stretch of the imagination, yet somehow he's always the first player I sign with Juve :lol I just fucking love shooting from distance with his lethal left foot

IRL, his wobbly decision making (SHOOT FIRST THINK LATER) and demeanor just kills me :lol PRINCE POLDI COME HOME BABY

713326.jpg

K1LLER7

Come on Woody.

Benatia and De Jong.

Make Us Dream.

Khedira will be on a free next summer. He's going to get rich.
AlexShwan of ESPN or whatever his name is said something about Daley Blind and 24 Hours.

Blind and De Jong.
Benatia and De Jong.

De Jong is a must.

Mr Cola

I quite like Khedira; think he'd be good alongside Herrera, won't matter as much that he isn't great with the ball.

Benatia though, yes pls.

Apparently Ancelotti said the Khedira issue is resolved and he is staying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom