• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feed me some Fady quotes.

iMLErFkgPatl0.gif

K1LLER7

"Guileme B: The price for di María (in euros): United offered 60m, Real wanted 90. Final figure: 80 million, including adds on. £63.9m"

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Sign him tomorrow, give him a run against MK Dons

I would not play a man with no pre-season in a cup game where they are going to kick lumps out of us :3, id be surprised if he made the bench for a week or two.

El Topo

Madrid can afford to just keep Di Maria. He might complain, but in the end he'd bow. You're negotiating with one of the big ones, there's only so much room to haggle.
It's still a lot of money, probably too much, but the market is crazy these days.

Fady K

64m hoooooooooooly shit. Did someone finally break our embarrassing record for Torres?

Granted, Di Maria will deliver the goods tho.

Manager

Tottenham: Lloris; Dier, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Rose; Bentaleb, Capoue; Chadli, Eriksen, Lamela; Adebayor.
Subs: Friedel, Davies, Dembele, Holtby, Lennon, Kane, Soldado

BvzOsaNCUAA09yX.jpg:large

Kill3r7

AlexShwan of ESPN or whatever his name is said something about Daley Blind and 24 Hours.

Blind and De Jong.
Benatia and De Jong.

De Jong is a must.

Our number 1 priority should be to sign an experienced CB, to lead our defense. De Jong fills a need on the cheap and Blind would make for a very good utility player but we need to sell before buying him.

PS I think Bayern will get Benatia.

Manager

Mm. Like Arnie says, it pisses me off when fans act like accountants. 64m is a lot, but we have the p so no worries

.... United-GAF has spent six years laughing at City and now suddenly the rest of us are acting like accountants?

edit
Or you meant your own fans?

Caulker, with the OAP's Ferdinand and Dunne in a back 3? I feel at least one of that lot will make a huge cock-up today.

Good to see Mutch getting the start.

Wilbur

Banned
.... United-GAF has spent six years laughing at City and now suddenly the rest of us are acting like accountants?

I didn't say the rest of you. I said football fans. As in, a portion of football fans, that follow all clubs

don't be so paranoid manager baby

Manager

I didn't say the rest of you. I said football fans. As in, a portion of football fans, that follow all clubs

don't be so paranoid manager baby

Yeah I edited it in just after, figured.

It's the fans money in the end. TV-rights, shirts, gates, all fan money. And there are staff members that obviously do a shit job with their money.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It doesn't matter how much you pay for someone like Di Maria

Most of all because it ain't your money innit

Manager

It doesn't matter how much you pay for someone like Di Maria

Most of all because it ain't you money innit

If people invest emotions when their team lose or win, why isn't it that weird that people invest emotions in the club's investments?

A lot of Leeds fans were outraged when Bates kept putting "their" money on restaurants and hotels, shows that it's just not all about transfers alone. It's the same with signing shitty players for high fees.

It's weird how we've come full circle.

I remember the heady days of 2002, sitting in German next to Arse-GAF foetuses arguing about how Wiltord for £12m was crazy so stfu about Ruud for £19m.

And it's come back around.

What a time to be alive. Again.

Kill3r7

Crazy money. Undeserved IMO. But so was Torres' fee. Di Maria deserved 40m and Torres 15m tops at the time for me.

Overpaid for sure but he fills a need and United was not in a position to bargain. I wish we had used the money last year to sign Strootman or Vidal instead of Mata/Fellaini but whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom