• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I once mocked those who used the ignore list. I have matured and I have embraced it, now GAF is better for it.

Soft lad 4 life.

Damn straight, sometimes i open up a few posts from those on the list and im instantly reminded why I have them on there.

Of course if im on your list you cant see this, hixx pls.

Nicktendo86

Why isn't ManU dishing out the cash for both khedira and Dimaria? Just do it and profit.

Nani did nothing at ManU, there are moments where he legitimately tries but I guess maybe he's just not good enough?
Word is we've pit the most money on the table for Di Maria and offered him the best contract but he isn't sure as he wants champions league football.

No idea why we are not in for Khedira.

Slizz

And you thought Footballers have the worse hairstyles

BaDsrTT.jpg

Arnie

I don't really like Liverpool's squad on an individual level. Brenton just manages to get the team to play better than the sum of its parts.
Right, which is massively reductive when you consider that the best teams in history are examples of a coach making individuals play as a cohesive unit.

On an individual level Atletico's team last year was nowhere near the best in the league, nor one of the top two in all of Europe.

Look at Dortmund, take Kagawa out of that team and into a soul-sucking environment and he's a fraction of the player.

Salvadora

I think we're gonna go in for Strootman in January.

We'll get rejected.
It's an odd one.

You'd think by January, Roma will be in the midst of a league campaign and could very well be in the knockout stages of the Champions League. Therefore, less likely to sell and the player more reluctant to go.

Maybe LVG has already tapped him up.

Wilbur

Banned
De Gea; Jones, Evans, Rojo; Rafael, Herrera, ANYONE, Shaw; Mata; Rooney, van Persie

Certainly better than what we put out on Saturday. Five changes.

Well its assuming Van Gaal is still in the job and that the kind of player we want can now be offered CL football
We've been missing out on players for years. Even when we were in the CL.

The only thing that's different now is what Woodward manages it in the most awful and public way possible.

Wilbur

Banned
Someone is getting fired for that Greggs logo.

Share pls

Would love Khedira at Utd personally.

Any truth in Zaha going to QPR on loan?

I'd definitely take Khedira. I quite like him.

It's an incredibly useful feature. Makes many threads a much more pleasant read

I remember when there was a thread and Meus had half this thread on ignore :lol

I wonder if I'm still there

Wasn't this Fergus' later years to a T?

Yep. Yep yep yep.

Right, which is massively reductive when you consider that the best teams in history are examples of a coach making individuals play as a cohesive unit.

On an individual level Atletico's team last year was nowhere near the best in the league, nor one of the top two in all of Europe.

Look at Dortmund, take Kagawa out of that team and into a soul-sucking environment and he's a fraction of the player.

Wasn't this Fergus' later years to a T?

I think everybody knows this.

confuziz

Banned
Why do we win? Luck
Why do we lose? Luck
Why do we draw? Luck
Why are there injuries? Luck
Why did the MH17 crash? Luck
What is the meaning of life? Luck

It all makes sense now.

Whether or not I would want Khedira would rely massively on what fee we're talking. He's one of those players who definitely has an upper limit to his worth, like £20 - 25m ish.

Jarnet87

the two striker system at United needs to die, I thought van Ghaleon would kill it but he's just been sucked into the warp that is United. Rooney cannot coexist with another striker unless it's someone like Danny Welbeck, a player who is going to run around and open up space. Rooney and RVP is going to be a colossal nightmare, just watch.

Meier

btw why did he bring Fernando when he has Fernandinho?

Fernando was a replacement/upgrade for Javi Garcia -- far more mobile and assured with the ball than him. Ferna and Fernando don't really play the same position naturally but Pellegrini wants 22 players, with effectively 2 starters for every position on the pitch. I imagine that during AFCON, they'll play together with Ferna being more in Yaya's role than in a defensive one.

Salvadora

Shaw is out for a month, Wilb.

Can't see Rojo starting either as he's recently been on strike and is coming from a foreign league.

The status of Evans is unknown, I believe.

Tarzanpuyol
Have you seen any preseason games for Atlético? How are they performing as an unit?
saw a couple of games at the Carranza, and the America game.
They still have the defensive spine Miranda-Godin in defense, in mid Suarez-Thiago-Gabi or Garcia for Thiago. The issue is up front, Madzukic is a different type of player than Costa, costa could drop to the wing, Madzukic is very static. Turan is injured, so I expect Koke, Griezman and Madzukic up front.

Defensively Atletico is the same, offensively they lost a ton of potential. Then again 2-3 counter attacks and Atletico can be beaten. On Real side, the inclusion of James will probably be detrimental to Real's counter.

Wilbur

Banned
Shaw is out for a month, Wilb.

Can't see Rojo starting either as he's recently been on strike and is coming from a foreign league.

The status of Evans is unknown, I believe.

I just mean in general m8, as in a first team (or my personal first team if we stick with the formation)

Jarnet's right though, Welbeck is better for Rooney and RVP than they are for each other

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
the two striker system at United needs to die, I thought van Ghaleon would kill it but he's just been sucked into the warp that is United. Rooney cannot coexist with another striker unless it's someone like Danny Welbeck, a player who is going to run around and open up space. Rooney and RVP is going to be a colossal nightmare, just watch.

The lack of pace in our side is unbelievable, and its not even the most pressing issue, we are incredibly easy to defend against.

Fernando was a replacement/upgrade for Javi Garcia -- far more mobile and assured with the ball than him. Ferna and Fernando don't really play the same position naturally but Pellegrini wants 22 players, with effectively 2 starters for every position on the pitch. I imagine that during AFCON, they'll play together with Ferna being more in Yaya's role than in a defensive one.
IC, I thought PEllegrini brought him to compete with Fernandihno, makes sense also considering Rodwell was sold (useless signing). Not sure if I like Fernando more than Javi Garcia, but only time will tell.

Salvadora

I just mean in general m8, as in a first team (or my personal first team if we stick with the formation)

Jarnet's right though, Welbeck is better for Rooney and RVP than they are for each other
Would agree with that.

Rooney and RVP are chalk and cheese at times and I'm wondering if the later is still capable of pulling a rabbit out of the hat.

He's on the wrong side of 30 and has recurring fitness issues.

saw a couple of games at the Carranza, and the America game.
They still have the defensive spine Miranda-Godin in defense, in mid Suarez-Thiago-Gabi or Garcia for Thiago. The issue is up front, Madzukic is a different type of player than Costa, costa could drop to the wing, Madzukic is very static. Turan is injured, so I expect Koke, Griezman and Madzukic up front.

Defensively Atletico is the same, offensively they lost a ton of potential. Then again 2-3 counter attacks and Atletico can be beaten. On Real side, the inclusion of James will probably be detrimental to Real's counter.

Thanks. I love your insight posts. I also agree that James instead of Di Maria will definitely take away from our counter attacking prowess.

Going back to Atlético, I do think they are aware of their limitations on offense, do you think Jiménez can be an impact player for them going forward? I don't know much about the lad, but el cholo must be seeing something in him.

Would agree with that.

Rooney and RVP are chalk and cheese at times and I'm wondering if the later is still capable of pulling a rabbit out of the hat.

He's on the wrong side of 30 and has recurring fitness issues.

Doesn't RVP adore LVG?

He might be ok with playing occasionally. Well maybe.

He's still a cunt at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom