• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Di Maria is the most complete player right now, attacks, defends, compliments, works a lot, opens the field, has amazing definition, very rarely looses his temper, ambidextrous; plays in every position in the mid except anchor man. But he has one thing against him, he was a Mourihno signing.
But Carletto loves him. The issue is wages apparently and the fact that he has always complained about getting more. I do think he always outperforms his contract so his claims have merits.

Di Maria is the most complete player right now, attacks, defends, compliments, works a lot, opens the field, has amazing definition, very rarely looses his temper, ambidextrous; plays in every position in the mid except anchor man. But he has one thing against him, he was a Mourihno signing.
Why is Madrid so eager to ship him off anyway? It just makes no sense to me.

Feorax

But Carletto loves him. The issue is wages apparently and the fact that he has always complained about getting more. I do think he always outperforms his contract so his claims have merits.

Ballague is doing a webchat atm, he mentioned on this very issue that Ancelotti is desperate to keep him, but Perez is just as desperate to ship him out and get Falcao in.

Arnie

You could say the same of your evaluation of United's players considering you have admitted Fergie got the best out of them.
I'm against just judging a team as individuals. This United team are rubbish. Absolute rubbish. Add a Rojo, still rubbish. This Liverpool team are good, really good. They are great at winning football matches.

Obviously you can isolate individuals who aren't performing to the standard set by the team; Arsenal were good last season, Ozil, for the majority, wasn't. Bebe is shit regardless of whether United are cantering to a league title.

Aspas will always be Aspas.

But bringing all of this back to your original point you said you don't rate this Liverpool team as individuals but that's completely swan piss because this Liverpool team are really, really good.

The hips don't like m8.

Well we forget Carletto was essentially sacked the day before CL final; the only reason he is still there is the negative PR it would bring to Florentino sacking the winner of la decima.
Carletto wanted Pogba o Vidal, he got James instead, good player but imagine a Pogba - Kroos - Modric midfield?

Why is Madrid so eager to ship him off anyway? It just makes no sense to me.
I think its both the player wants more and RM doesnt want to fork over more cash.
James makes 35% more than Di Maria, Coentrao is in the same bracket as Di Maria, about 90k a week; thats too low for a player of that caliber.

Just installed a Sammy Evo SSD. WOW I can't believe how fast my computer runs now. Such an easy process too.

And Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooom. 2nd in head to head, 11th in Footy GAF and 30th in Korea. Not bad for the first week. My The Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea midfielder all delivered. Trust the Man Utd cunt Mata to flop.

I think its both the player wants more and RM doesnt want to fork over more cash.
James makes 35% more than Di Maria, Coentrao is in the same bracket as Di Maria, about 90k a week; thats too low for a player of that caliber.
Fuck

Agreed, he should be making more. Would love to see him in the EPL, legit one of the most fun players to watch. Dude looks like he can run forever.

GorillaJu

Just installed a Sammy Evo SSD. WOW I can't believe how fast my computer runs now. Such an easy process too.

And Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooom. 2nd in head to head, 11th in Footy GAF and 30th in Korea. Not bad for the first week. My The Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea midfielder all delivered. Trust the Man Utd cunt Mata to flop.

Pffft

Two years ago I was actually number 1 in Japan on the first day. I walked around with a pride-boner for a week straight.

Feorax

I'm fuming at FF. I had Navas in my team, who didn't play, but instead of subbing in Vlaar who got 8 points, my auto-sub was fucking Chambers.

Coentrao is someone I'd completely forgotten about.

Another deal Woodward fucked up.

Coentrao is bad, the only reason he is playing is because Marcelo has taken a dive lately, but Coentrao adds nothing to Madrid's offense, look when they play he always passes to Alonso or Modric, he is fucking useless; but there is no team out there willing to take over his 90K a week contract lol

Well we forget Carletto was essentially sacked the day before CL final; the only reason he is still there is the negative PR it would bring to Florentino sacking the winner of la decima.
Carletto wanted Pogba o Vidal, he got James instead, good player but imagine a Pogba - Kroos - Modric midfield?

Wow I didn't knew that Carletto was almost fired. Yes, I want that midfield. Xabi needs to go to Qatar or the MLS. Flo needs to cool it and trust Ancelotti.

Ballague is doing a webchat atm, he mentioned on this very issue that Ancelotti is desperate to keep him, but Perez is just as desperate to ship him out and get Falcao in.

Yeah. It's unfortunate what's going on. What I don't get is how other big teams haven't step up for him yet.

Labadal

I'm fuming at FF. I had Navas in my team, who didn't play, but instead of subbing in Vlaar who got 8 points, my auto-sub was fucking Chambers.

I had Sigurdsson -13 points, and Guzan - 8 points, on my bench. I would have been the leader if I hadn't fucked up like that.

Every day I check football sites in fear of reading a "Blind to Man U" headline. Only about 2 weeks left but I can't imagine him staying. It's the typical Ajax star player cycle:

1. Player finally starts to reach his potential
2. Hope he stays for at least one more year
3. Player leaves a week before Summer/Winter transfer deadline
4. Try not to cry
5. Cry a lot

Linius

Every day I check football sites in fear of reading a "Blind to Man U" headline. Only about 2 weeks left but I can't imagine him staying. It's the typical Ajax star player cycle:

1. Player finally starts to reach his potential
2. Hope he stays for at least one more year
3. Player leaves a week before Summer/Winter transfer deadline
4. Try not to cry
5. Cry a lot

6. No replacement for said player

that won't be necessary, Allegri will injure half of them soon enough.

and by them I mean the whole squad
Praise the sun!

ji5kJeZ.png

It's fantastic isn't it?

Yeah, my Sony laptop is 4 years old and still functions well and has a blu-ray drive so didn't need a new one, but new windows and folders are flying open straight away when I open them. Startup was done in a matter of seconds.

With the price of those EVOs dropping since last year, when I looked for my PS4, there really is no excuse for people not to upgrade.

I'm against just judging a team as individuals. This United team are rubbish. Absolute rubbish. Add a Rojo, still rubbish. This Liverpool team are good, really good. They are great at winning football matches.

Obviously you can isolate individuals who aren't performing to the standard set by the team; Arsenal were good last season, Ozil, for the majority, wasn't. Bebe is shit regardless of whether United are cantering to a league title.

Aspas will always be Aspas.

But bringing all of this back to your original point you said you don't rate this Liverpool team as individuals but that's completely swan piss because this Liverpool team are really, really good.

The hips don't like m8.

I'm not judging Liverpool as a team on their individuals. Brenton is part of the equation and with him you guys are dangerous. You guys didn't have a squad as good City last season and you guys outplayed them.

It's the same as when Fergie was around. Everybody used to say our squad was crap including you (I think), but Fergie got them playing above their level to titles.

Feorax

Yeah. It's unfortunate what's going on. What I don't get is how other big teams haven't step up for him yet.

Because Perez has priced everyone out of a move. No one is going to pay the 65 million Perez wants when it's so obvious he wants rid.

Also, and I'm not just saying this because we want him too, but I just don't see Di Maria out - Falcao in as a great move for Madrid (although the most likely to happen imo).

Jarnet87

Coentrao is bad, the only reason he is playing is because Marcelo has taken a dive lately, but Coentrao adds nothing to Madrid's offense, look when they play he always passes to Alonso or Modric, he is fucking useless; but there is no team out there willing to take over his 90K a week contract lol

we are the kings of useless contracts. Nani, Fellaini, Cleverly, Anderson, etc. He'd be a welcome addition.

United are truly fucked

Meier

Wow, the Footy-GAF FPL league is massive this season. Think we've added like 50 people or so it looks like.

I'm currently first in my coworkers league and in r/MCFC. 7th in the GAF league. I'll end up around 40th or so like I always do. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom