• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
Shhh. Quiet, you.

Wasn't calling you one, baby <3

I was calling the hypocritical man-baby one. How many times has it been he's called another member an idiot/stupid/imbecile and he's crying about personal attacks now? :lol :lol :lol

wedward

I was calling the hypocritical man-baby one. How many times has it been he's called another member an idiot/stupid/imbecile and he's crying about personal attacks now? :lol :lol :lol

I was making fun of you Pulga.

Have you already forgot your #leaving post?

L1NETT

In the last two games Mata has been stomped out by the opposition CM's. Maybe shifting him to the wings is the right move til we have competent midfielders who can service him.

In that 3-5-2 Mata cannot play wing back. If Young and Valencia get exposed for being shoddy defensively the wee Spanish lad will so and then some.

Moyes playing him out wide also muted all his best aspects. He hasn't got the physicality.

Scum

-------------------------------------De Gea-------------------------------------
Rafael---------Jones/Evans/Rojo---------Jones/Evans/Rojo---------Shaw
New CM----------------------------Herrera----------------------------Di Maria
Mata/Januzaj---------------------van Persie---------------------Rooney/Welbeck/Januzaj

or

-------------------------------------De Gea-------------------------------------
Rafael---------Jones/Evans/Rojo---------Jones/Evans/Rojo---------Shaw
New CM----------------------------Herrera----------------------------Di Maria
-------------------------------------Mata/Januzaj-------------------------------------
van Persie/Rooney/Welbeck---------------------van Persie/Rooney/Welbeck

Personally, I'd go with this -

1081959_Manchester_United.jpg

ig472K2TJGsIx.gif

pulga

Banned
I was making fun of you Pulga.

Have you already forgot your #leaving post?

I find it sad how you resort to this when you've been found out.
KuGsj.gif

First, can't make a formation where Cesc's fits in at Arsenal, even though pretty much everyone in FootyGAF could.

Refers to Angel Di Maria as a #10.

Like, do you know ANYTHING about football?
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

wedward

I find it sad how you resort to this when you've been found out.
KuGsj.gif

First, can't make a formation where Cescs fits in at Arsenal, even though pretty much everyone in FootyGAF could.

Refers to Angel Di Maria as a #10.

Like, do you know ANYTHING about football?
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Christ. Pulga. Your brain. How does it work?

I was making a joke about scum's formation because he had di Maria at the 10.

pulga

Banned
oh I cant wait for his answer, betcha he finds such a clever way to incorporate #leaving into it
p0QHO.gif

edit: Awwww denied.

And no, he does not have Di Maria as a 10, he's sitting too far back. Again, do you know anything about football?

Wilbur

Banned
In that 3-5-2 Mata cannot play wing back. If Young and Valencia get exposed for being shoddy defensively the wee Spanish lad will so and then some.

Moyes playing him out wide also muted all his best aspects. He hasn't got the physicality.

If LVG gets his way, we won't be playing 3-5-2 I think. And if we do continue with it, he'll have a better midfield behind him. ADM would be wingback in that situation.

And I disagree that he can't play wide; like I said, did it fine under AVB and RDM cutting in from the right.

(think I said Benitez actually but you know what I mean)

wedward

oh I cant wait for his answer, betcha he finds such a clever way to incorporate #leaving into it
p0QHO.gif

edit: Awwww denied.

And no, he does not have Di Maria as a 10, he's sitting too far back. Again, do you know anything about football?

His role in that lineup is the same as a 10.

Formations are a bit more fluid than that.

If he actually played that deep there would be no linkup between the front line and midfield.

What is di Maria's role in that lineup?

I think the most shocking thing is just how terrible the ManU Squad is right now. I mean they are not even losing by being swashbuckling and interesting, they are playing the similar dross as the rest of us, not yet Villa levels of shit football I grant you, but crap to watch regardless.

Yes, that has been the most shocking thing for me so far this young season. They look totally out of sync. Lots of talent on the field but none of it is coming together. At the end of the day, that's the manager at fault.

Also Tottenham up top. They'll never hold, but it's interesting.

:lol

amazing how much time the club and fans give to Bianchi. he's past it.

Final score: Atletico de Rafaela 3 - Boca Juniors 0. Great day of football!

K1LLER7

That's a terrible idea.

He and everybody else just need to play better.
Yeah

Firmations and such dont have much/if any impact on players ability to pass or cross the damn ball properly.

For some reason I got Yurt-levels of angry after todays game. I felt like punching the TV every time Valencia was 1v1 with the fullback and he'd make a backwards pass. Then putting Januzaj in CM and sticking to the 532/3412 which clearly wasn't working.

Di Maria pls save us.

Wilbur

Banned
His role in that lineup is the same as a 10.

Formations are a bit more fluid than that.

If he actually played that deep there would be no linkup between the front line and midfield.

What is di Maria's role in that lineup?

you dont need to have a 10 in every single formation ever

the obsession with 10s in todays game is a tad boring

just give me robust cunts in the middle and im happy

Wilbur

Banned
Well you got about 6 of em according to LVG so you better get used to it.

looool what does this have to do with

"what is di maria's role in that line up because he's clearly in the position a 10 plays there wouldn't be any link up between defence and attack if there is no 10 ozil definitely won't play on the left because he's a 10"

edit: did no one fucking watch Real Madrid last season? ADM played in a central three all year. Why do people keep referring to him strictly as a winger or a 9 or whatever

K1LLER7

Pointless even talking about a United team without Rooney starting. He's the Captain and will most likely start the majority of games.

Want LVG to go with:

----- Rooney - RVP ------

--------- Mata --------

Di Maria ------ Herrera

------- New CM -------

Shaw - Rojo - Jones - Rafael

--------- De Gea -------

Yeah, can't really blame LVG much for this loss. He had to work with very little.

Cleverly was shit.

Young was shit.

Valencia was shit.

RVP was... well pointless.

Scum

Fuck Utd transfers in and formations. What about transfers out? Who's going to pick up Cleverley, Anderson, Young and Hernandez?

L1NETT

Killer that team is soooooo sloooooow in the final third. So much ball is gonna in front of the opposition defence and main outlets are gonna be the overlaps from the fullbacks.

I know folks get on his back but Welbeck made a difference when he came on. At least he stretched it.

De Jong or some other gnarly git is needed. Mata/Herrera etc need a solid platform to build on. Look at all the other teams (aside from Arsenal). Matic. Fernando(inho). Henderson. Even Capoue today. Big engines who can break shit up. United were spineless with the Scottish Shitster and Clevdog in there. Cattermole and Rodwell bossed them.

scently

looool what does this have to do with

"what is di maria's role in that line up because he's clearly in the position a 10 plays there wouldn't be any link up between defence and attack if there is no 10 ozil definitely won't play on the left because he's a 10"

edit: did no one fucking watch Real Madrid last season? ADM played in a central three all year. Why do people keep referring to him strictly as a winger or a 9 or whatever

Indeed. Madrid played a 433 without a 10, its the reason ADM played ahead of Isco.

Also, Utd of 2006-09 did not play with a 10 and yet we played 433 sometimes.

Scum

Killer that team is soooooo sloooooow in the final third. So much ball is gonna in front of the opposition defence and main outlets are gonna be the overlaps from the fullbacks.

I know folks get on his back but Welbeck made a difference when he came on. At least he stretched it.

De Jong or some other gnarly git is needed. Mata/Herrera etc need a solid platform to build on. Look at all the other teams (aside from Arsenal). Matic. Fernando(inho). Henderson. Even Capoue today. Big engines who can break shit up. United were spineless with the Scottish Shitster and Clevdog in there. Cattermole and Rodwell bossed them.

Never thought I'd read something like this. D:

Should have sold him somewhere when we had the chance. Welbeck is the future

at Spurs ;_;

nCUoKLR.png

Maybe Spurs will have them? ;)

TmMPSj7.png

Go_Ly_Dow

The worst thing about Valencia is when he feints to go inside, like anyone is buying that, ever.

the worst thing is when he had the sunderland defence in a 1v1 on at least 3 occasions in the second half and didn't attempt to take him on even once and passed it back to cleverly

K1LLER7

Its the same formation as that of Liverpool's. I think it could work, but we'd need a striker who could carry the ball and run into space like Sturridge. I'd prefer Welbeck to start up front but I can't see LVG dropping any of the front 2. Also, Van Gaal wants to play both Rooney and RVP in their preferred positions. Even Mata. Would rather play with wingers but I just don't see it happening.

Di Maria would be the runner from midfield, somebody who will look to run behind the defence and create space when we have possession. Nobody really did that today. Think Herrera would be fine alongside him, but we need a new CM for the deepest midfield position. Would have had Carrick fit in there and play a similar role to Alonso at Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom