• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
?

Hardly comparable to Fellaini, who only really shines as a big man playing behind the striker (as demonstrated by Moyes and his assistant touting his chesting ability in the press release accompanying his signing) and whose qualities are thus fairly incompatible with the needs of being a top holding or box-to-box midfielder.

Rojo actually plays well in the positions he's been bought for. Still think we need to sign an experienced centre-back though.
That's true it's not a fair comparison.

I just think he won't be good enough and will basically fail as a signing.

I hope I'm wrong. Just not feeling confident about it.

Wilbur

Banned
They could've gotten Kroos for that money, probably at significantly higher wages though. I understand though why they would pay that much to get Shaw.

Should have gone for Kroos as well. And Fabregas. Could have spent 300m this summer and still been rolling in the money.

Hixx

SunderlandGAF is the most harmonious.

iyIEIP15d8gqE.png

If we paid off Torres and got Destro for £20 million, which the papers are saying, that would be basically spending £39 million on him. Not sure he is worth that much.

Scum

Viva, pls. Rojo will be good. It's others you should be more worried about. Smalling is dead. Valencia is near death. Young and Cleverley were never alive to begin with.

Hixx

Also when I was coming out of the SoL yesterday these two Mancs were in front of me (away turnstiles are right next to mine) and it was like going back in time listening to them speak and the way they were dressed. All had those stupid mod haircuts with ridiculous sideburns, one had fucking Pretty Green jeans on and the other had one of those jackets with goggles in the hood on
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

:lol

There's another two somewhere isn't there? Madmackem's one. I'm sure there's another.

They never post. They don't want my man love.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I thought you were joking when you said sky reported there are no R's in the United Megastore, sky are actually reporting it as a news story, no J's now either.

Crisis pls

Wilbur

Banned
Pretty Green, Christ. Consorting with the enemy.

Hicky baby did you shave yesterday y/n

I love Arsenal GAF, but I think it's normal to have disagreements over differing opinions as long as it doesn't descend to personal insults and hostility.

Indeed it is normal

but that's not what ArsenalGAF do loooool

Shanks, Weedle and Lightning are always popping off at each other

L1NETT

Andrew Davies out for 2 months with a broken arm. By eck

May as well dig a hole and hibernate until he is fit again and when I emerge bleary eyed in November we will still have the same amount of points

Salvadora

Giroud being out for up to seven weeks is an arrow to the heart.
Indeed it is normal

They are only three members of a big fanbase though.

It's the price we pay for being passionate people.

Like a marriage innit.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
What does this mean, I am confused

For the text on the back of football kits, loads of people are trying to get Di Maria but there are no "R" letters left, apparently people want Janujaz aswell because they have no "J"s in stock.

Strange that its being reported as an actual news story

Wilbur

Banned
Andrew Davies out for 2 months with a broken arm. By eck

May as well dig a hole and hibernate until he is fit again and when I emerge bleary eyed in November we will still have the same amount of points

Was he the one who was at Middlesbrough

I recognise the name

subtles

BR:

"The pitch doesn’t help us at Anfield because the pitch is too slow. It’s not good at all. But there’s nothing we can do at this stage."

"The watering system is outdated at Anfield so the speed of our game is sometimes slowed down compared to when we play on other pitches"

How can they just accept this....

Looks like Lucas is off to Napoli (on loan).

I wonder if we'll bring in another starting XI - level midfielder.
Where are you seeing this? I haven't encountered anything approaching a confirmation for Lucas, nor do I expect there to be anything before Thursday. Our performance against Athletic on Wednesday will determine what we can and can't do for the remainder of the summer window.

Please be true.

I'm not ready to say goodbye to Sandro.
You should be cheering for Athletic then, because everything I've been reading seems to be pointing towards us obtaining Sandro outright if we achieve CL, and begging for a loan otherwise. It seems that after the injury to Fellaini, Sandro became our top choice; Lucas (on loan) is merely an alternative, for whom there is skepticism from our owner.

Salvadora

BR:

"The pitch doesn’t help us at Anfield because the pitch is too slow. It’s not good at all. But there’s nothing we can do at this stage."

"The watering system is outdated at Anfield so the speed of our game is sometimes slowed down compared to when we play on other pitches"

How can they just accept this....
Surely that would be something that could be rectified during off-season.

Rodgers has been there long enough.

A kid ordered a Januzaj shirt before he changed number and now refuses to wear it.

Fair enough this kid is a little shit but fucking hell how can Man United not just refund him or replace it with a new one? Chelsea have done free exchanges for Oscar, Hazard and Drogba when they changed numbers this year!

I don't know if they changed their minds, but Liverpool wouldn't swap/change shirt numbers for people who got Suarez on their new shirts either. Seems a bit douchey to me

Arnie

The Giroud thing is weird.

Didn't the ball just hit him? Now he's out for seven weeks. What's the injury?

And Arsenal definitely need a striker. They were tons better after Giroud came on. Didn't offer much threat with Sanchez as a nine.

Eto'o?

L1NETT

Not sure if you saw this already but think you'll be interested

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/24/football-peoples-game-tackle-excesses-malky-mackay-premier-league?CMP=twt_gu

Great piece in general, bringing together a lot of the ills in football just now.

Excellent piece, everyone should have a read of that

Liked this bit especially

It's a game awash with debt and, not surprisingly, plagued by insolvencies and administrations. These particularly affect the divisions below the Premier League, which carry the costs of turbulence and disruption – widening structural inequalities in income distribution that encourage reckless financial gambling by clubs.

And that clubs are imagined communities, not just businesses. Few on here need to understand that.

Was he the one who was at Middlesbrough

I recognise the name

Yup. And stoke/Saints. Fantastic defender, our best in years. We are god awful without him.

Pretty Green, Christ. Consorting with the enemy.

Hicky baby did you shave yesterday y/n

Indeed it is normal

I don't get personal with anyone. We all love Arsenal so that is the important thing. I mainly disagree with them on the worth of Walcott to the squad.

subtles

Where are you seeing this? I haven't encountered anything approaching a confirmation for Lucas, nor do I expect there to be anything before Thursday. Our performance against Athletic on Wednesday will determine what we can and can't do for the remainder of the summer window.

Quite a few papers were quoting Gazzetta dello Sport this morning. It's far from a confirmation mind, but the details are very similar to the Reina one last year (which came to pass).

Scum

The Giroud thing is weird.

Didn't the ball just hit him? Now he's out for seven weeks. What's the injury?

And Arsenal definitely need a striker. They were tons better after Giroud came on. Didn't offer much threat with Sanchez as a nine.

Eto'o?

Feeling any better?

Everything's been timed poorly and the deadwood and injuries make for some bleak viewing on match days, but I am optimistic about the personnel we've signed so far this summer. Unlike Fellaini and Mata, they're all players who slot well into areas of need. (Yes, I include Di Maria in that: our attack definitely needs an intelligent ball-carrier with pace, and besides Adnan, all our wingers are dead.)

But again, the timing has been fucking abysmal. We should've started the season with another defender and at least two new midfielders. Fletcher, Cleverley, Fellaini, Anderson? You simply can't rely on these players in there.

Wilbur

Banned
Headache, jaw is agony when I stretch it out.

Have left over Papa Johns and a Lucozade Orange though so I am feeling substantially better.

I haven't had Papa Johns in fucking ages. We did order Pizza Hut the other day, and they've basically reduced the sizes, the cunts. Or they're just cutting a medium more times and pretending that's a large.

Going to a Chinese buffet tonight for a birthday, so I'm missing the game. Hat trick from Kolarov and Sterling would do me nicely.

Bumhead

Banned
Also when I was coming out of the SoL yesterday these two Mancs were in front of me (away turnstiles are right next to mine) and it was like going back in time listening to them speak and the way they were dressed. All had those stupid mod haircuts with ridiculous sideburns, one had fucking Pretty Green jeans on and the other had one of those jackets with goggles in the hood on

I came out of Hillsborough last Tuesday next to Millwall.

Quite the experience.

Hindle

Banned
Generally, everything you post in this thread leads to someone disagreeing with you

It's a discussion forum, and I'm posting some thoughts about how I think an entire generation of young players have been underdeveloped and outright wasted in recent years, at United. Obviously it's Very controversial for any United fan to hear.

As I said eariler, it's a shame it's the youth who have been hit the most by Uniteds incompetent decisions.

Jarnet87

I hope Ando gets a start in the league cup game. No one is gonna buy him so risking injury doesn't matter. He is miles better then Tom cleverly for me because Ando is at least willing to try attacking minded play. Sure his passes and shots are on the mark maybe 5% of the time but at least he'll try a ball over the top or take a shot. He also is willing to push the ball forward a lot more then clevershit. If he ever got a run of games he could be a decent option.

T.T

Wonder what club would suit him (except Dortmund)

Kagawa is done I think :(

We need to sell as many players as we can. Kagawa going is fine, he can still add a lot to some other team.

Juve should go for him (and send us Vidal)

I hope Ando gets a start in the league cup game. No one is gonna buy him so risking injury doesn't matter. He is miles better then Tom cleverly for me because Ando is at least willing to try attacking minded play. Sure his passes and shots are on the mark maybe 5% of the time but at least he'll try a ball over the top or take a shot. He also is willing to push the ball forward a lot more then clevershit. If he ever got a run of games he could be a decent option.

Anderson can start vs MK Dons sure, but he is never going to be a decent option. Nobody in our midfield except for Carrick and Herrera are decent options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom