• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone think we are going to field our best team against MK Dons? Wouldnt surprise me, firstly we dont have shit for depth and secondly every game is important for confidence and learning the system. Maybe shift in Wilson and start Adnan.

Don't see LVG doing that

Also

What if they play like shit again?

LOL

Fergie

Banned
@CraigNorwood: Ángel Di María scheduled to arrive into Manchester this evening via private jet.

Believe.

Can't do much with Young, Valencia as wing backs, coupled with a Clev and Fletcher midfield.
Injuries really ruin everything, still early days.

Hopefully the Di Maria signing kickstarts the other signings this team surely requires.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Anyone think we are going to field our best team against MK Dons? Wouldnt surprise me, firstly we dont have shit for depth and secondly every game is important for confidence and learning the system. Maybe shift in Wilson and start Adnan.

Given that you already have players dropping like flies, I imagine there will be wholesale changes. There's only 48 hours between the games.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
No one watches Serie A

Thank FUCK for that ;)

tumblr_mrmraff5wp1qevds0o1_400.gif

it's too late for him to leave now <3

I can't say whether he's worth the money or not.

he's English.

Believe.

Can't do much with a Young, Valencia as wing backs, coupled with Clev and Fletcher midfield.
Injuries really ruin everything, still early days.

Hopefully the Di Maria signing kickstarts the other signings this team surely requires.

90% of me believes Woodward can't handle signing and negotiating for more than 1 player at a time.

10% of me believes there are more coming.

L1NETT

MK Dons have some tidy players. Cov played them on saturday I think....ended 0-0

Dele Alli is a talented kid, Reeves and Carruthers are decent young players. Always liked Hodson too

Di Maria most expensive La Liga sell off? Incredible business by Perez, though I would of preferred we keep him. Duh.

Good for him though, I'm coming in terms with him leaving. If he's happy, I'm happy. You ManU fans better treat him right.

Today we start our La Liga campaign, hope we can win it this year. Would be nice to realistically shoot for the treble.

Hala Madrid!

Nicktendo86

Di Maria most expensive La Liga sell off? Incredible business by Perez, though I would of preferred we keep him. Duh.

Good for him though, I'm coming in terms with him leaving. If he's happy, I'm happy. You ManU fans better treat him right.

Today we start our La Liga campaign, hope we can win it this year. Would be nice to realistically shoot for the treble.

Hala Madrid!
He will be by some margin our best player.

He will be treated like a god.

I thought with Romeu gone we were fine but I was wrong. I assume two out for one in. If we were going to use an English striker we would use Bamford surely!

Bamfordinho should be loaned out to get more football. Shame he's going to Boro instead of perhaps a promoted team.

I will be very pissed off if Chalobah ends up in the Championship again

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
He will be by some margin our best player.

He will be treated like a god.
keep reminding myself that he has had no pre-season and was injured in the WC, cannot expect his performance to be great straight off the bat, itll take a little while.

GorillaJu

I don't watch EPL, I can't say whether he's worth the money or not. Heck, I don't watch Serie A either, no idea if Benatia is as great as you all say.

He's not worth it to any sane person but United are in a unique position—they've got way more money than a normal club in their situation. They have to overpay. There are no simple options.

Scum

Arnie, are you okay? Did you manage to see the doctor?

QPR were worse than dog shit. No pressing from them whatsoever. But still, good to see some life back in Tottingham.
#TeamMoPo
#LamelaAlive

Cleverley was hilarious yesterday, hard to understand how that midfield area was neglected so badly by Fergie. Just imagine if Pogba was playing instead of him.

Cleverley should be banned from ever kicking a ball again.

Di Maria said he dreamed of playing for Man United and wouldn't stop until he did.

#WelcomeDiMariaIsARedToTheTheatreOfDreamsWhereDreamsComeTrue

Torres wants his contract paid up if he's going to leave which will cost us £16m...

Just pay it and be done. Jose clearly doesn't want him, he's our most expensive player for FFP purposes and Roma have supposedly offered £8m-£10m for him, just be done with it.

I'd feel different if the manager was willing to play him, but Jose clearly isn't, lets just get it over and done with.

3Sixty

Southampton have contacted Atlético Madrid about Toby Alderweireld, who wants to move to the Pr. League. Also Monaco are interested #saints

YES PLEASE.

PLS

PLS

Scum

easier said than done, we can't just take them out back
You put the pets away when Granny comes over...

Torres wants his contract paid up if he's going to leave which will cost us £16m...

Just pay it and be done. Jose clearly doesn't want him, he's our most expensive player for FFP purposes and Roma have supposedly offered £8m-£10m for him, just be done with it.

I'd feel different if the manager was willing to play him, but Jose clearly isn't, lets just get it over and done with.

That's some FM-style stuff from Torres. But yeah, pay up and let him leave. Get him off the wage books.

Love the fact i don't have to slate Shaw anymore there are people willing to do it for me

Oi, you! What did you do with your winnings? I'm still waiting for that drink. :<

L1NETT

Couple of things

Firstly looks like Bamford not gonna go to Boro (thought Jose' ex assistant would sway it) but instead go to Reading - probably because it's right close.

Secondly, blast from the past but who remembers Quincy the Arsenal player

Set to sign for Blackpool

*cue Scum saying lol Blackpool

Couple of things

Firstly looks like Bamford not gonna go to Boro (thought Jose' ex assistant would sway it) but instead go to Reading - probably because it's right close.

Quincy Owusu Abeye?

Him and Alliadierreiriee were beats on CM back in the day.

What are Reading's striker options like these days? Is he likely to get a lot of game time? (if you know)

Couple of things

Blackpool & Fulham will be interesting additions to League One next season.

Scum

Anytime you're in Southampton let me know :D

tumblr_m71dpyxB1s1r5niulo1_500.gif

He's our most expensive player for FFP purposes at around £19m I think, would be good to get that off our books.

Just take the money. Mou can use it to pay someone else bonus. ¬_¬

Couple of things

Abeyie? At least he's not a FM greyed out player. Huehuehue.

Really it just depends on getting the right players. We signed Rojo and Fellaini for like £50m and neither are up to it. I think Rojo will suck.

?

Hardly comparable to Fellaini, who only really shines as a big man playing behind the striker (as demonstrated by Moyes and his assistant touting his chesting ability in the press release accompanying his signing) and whose qualities are thus fairly incompatible with the needs of being a top holding or box-to-box midfielder.

Rojo actually plays well in the positions he's been bought for. Still think we need to sign an experienced centre-back though.

L1NETT

What are Reading's striker options like these days? Is he likely to get a lot of game time? (if you know)

He'll get minutes don't worry. Young Royals team with academy players mixed in. Cox and Mackie are good players but Bamford will get his chance

Blackpool & Fulham will be interesting additions to League One next season.

Always wanted to go to the Cottage for a league game

Heard it's lovely

Wilbur

Banned
It's funny how much ArsenalGAF argue with each other

UnitedGAF all hate their team but love each other.

LiverpoolGAF get on well because they're all drenched in Koptimism

El Topo

He's not worth it to any sane person but United are in a unique position&#8212;they've got way more money than a normal club in their situation. They have to overpay. There are no simple options.

They could've gotten Kroos for that money, probably at significantly higher wages though. I understand though why they would pay that much to get Shaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom