• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
TikiTaka only works when you are quick to recover the ball in the oposition's half; the problem with Spain, Bayern and Barcelona is that they stopped doing that. So when someone like ronaldo , Park, Bale, etc got the ball they always outnumbered the defense through speed. The key is to recover and press as soon as you loose the ball, if you dont then the only people between the other team and the goal is your anchor man, and one or two CBS with the wings cleared.
Look at Atletico, they know how to counter this, the first 10-20 minutes of the supercopa lst friday was a very agressive Atletico team pressing and attacking with 2 forwards, but the key was recovery; they got the ball as soon as they lost it and kept at it.
If you are banking on posession as your tool, you must recover quick, Barcelona stopped doing it, Spain stopped doing it, Bayern never did it.
that or instead of converting you 4-3-3 to a 2-3-2-3 in attack, use a 3-4-1-2 instead with the wing covered and plenty of cover for your defensive mid.
Guardado is done already m8
awesome, I heard it on the radio it was almost done. Nuno better deliver or he is gonna get the boot.

Blablurn

Bv5SPkXIMAAO7bx.png:large

Tc91

Good little piece by Graham Hunter on SSN just then.

Said Di Maria is worth every penny and more, he's leaving cause he asked for more money Perez said no and told him he doesn't fit into the marketing strategy of Madrid. A huge mistake to let him go.

Thanks Madrid! Just don't take Godnan in a few years.

Watching the Di Maria youtube vids

It really has been so long since we had a winger who could beat a man ;_;

I hope he delivers
He's probably going to play more centrally for most of this season.

Said Di Maria is worth every penny and more, he's leaving cause he asked for more money Perez said no and told him he doesn't fit into the marketing strategy of Madrid. A huge mistake to let him go.

Adnan is already in bed with Jorge Mendes so he will end up moving sticks sooner or later. Hopefully later.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
He's probably going to play more centrally for most of this season.

Adnan is already in bed with Jorge Mendes so he will end up moving sticks sooner or later. Hopefully later.

Over Mata?

Or is this in a 4-3-3?

Over Mata?

Or is this in a 4-3-3?

I don't see us moving away from 3-5-2 so soon. Not just because we signed Di Maria.

For now I can see him playing in the two behind Mata.

Van Gaal has basically said he is playing 3-5-2 because 1) Our defenders aren't good enough and 2) To try and get the best from both Rooney and RVP. DI Maria doesn't change either of those things.

Marketing strategy? :lol

No pressure, James.

I don't see us moving away from 3-5-2 so soon. Not just because we signed Di Maria.

For now I can see him playing in the two behind Mata.

Van Gaal has basically said he is playing 3-5-2 because 1) Our defenders aren't good enough and 2) To try and get the best from both Rooney and RVP. DI Maria doesn't change either of those things.

Well it's worked out great in the first two games LVG, hasn't it?

This obsession with playing 352 will kill us. Because 352 with a shit defence requires a good midfield and wingbacks (which is what Netherlands had). We don't. So, 352 looks just horrible with us.

Arnie

All things considered this has been a superb transfer window. We've brought in so many good players.

Can't wait to see Moreno tonight.

GorillaJu

Just a backup goalie and we're all done. Really really happy with our business in this window considering.

I'd really like a good back up keeper. Preferably one who can grow into it and eventually challenge Mignolet. I like Brad Jones, but he's not Liveepool standard.

Clegg

So if things go to plan we'll hopefully have Di Maria swen up by tomorrow or Wednesday. Then what happens? Moves for Blind and De Jong? Should've gone for those two much earlier. Unless their back up targets ofc.

Well it's worked out great in the first two games LVG, hasn't it?

This obsession with playing 352 will kill us. Because 352 with a shit defence requires a good midfield and wingbacks (which is what Netherlands had). We don't. So, 352 looks just horrible with us.
Why is it an "obsession"? The manager picked a formation that he thinks will work, he's trying it. It's not worked yet. 2 games. Hardly an obsession.

I'd rather play some kind of variation of 433 - but so would Van Gaal. He's picked it for a reason. If we persist with it for 10 games and it's not paying off then you can say it's an obsession. People need to be patient.

Niven

That sounds suspiciously like a Maryland Chicken! You're in Leicester, right?

Yeah, you know Maryland chicken? You my friend have tasted the foods of gods! I have loads of shops like that near me including a Maryland so they all have to compete for the best price.

Funny guy.

Can't wait for it to blow up in liverpool's faces. Give it half way through next season. No one can tame him.

Imagine the philosophical spiel that Brenton will come out with after Balo has a fight with Sterling in training for not passing to him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom