• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgkitty

I would be surprised if Balo turns out to be great for Liverpool.

I just think Balo is going to be one of those guys who just floats from club to club every couple of seasons and never really does anything, always being the "kid who could be great if he just got his shit together."

sohois

I just think Balo is going to be one of those guys who just floats from club to club every couple of seasons and never really does anything, always being the "kid who could be great if he just got his shit together."

If he fails at Liverpool I don't think he'll end up in another big team; probably go to Russia or Turkey or something.

Not sure how well Balo will do for Liverpool but it's great to have back in the Premiership. At the very least, he'll make for some fun headlines. We'll probably see him at Napoli this time next year.

KingGondo

Banned
If Rodgers can't get the best out of him then it's safe to say nobody can.

All he has to do is fit in within the team concept and culture that has already been established.

This is a great opportunity for him.

omgkitty

If Rodgers can't get the best out of him then it's safe to say nobody can.

All he has to do is fit in within the team concept and culture that has already been established.

This is a great opportunity for him.

I had a friend who's a Milan fan say the same thing. He kept talking about how "Oh Milan is good at taking players with bad pasts and fixing them and blah blah blah." He went on like that until recently where he just seemed not to care that Balotelli was leaving. Honestly think Balotelli will play for Liverpool for a season and a half or so, and then will go on loan to some other league.

Mastadon

Banned

We don't need him to be great though tbh. I don't think anyone is envisioning him as a future club legend or anything like that. We need him to support Sturridge, pitch in 15 or so goals over the season and not set anything on fire.

Milan's farewell message to Mario:
MILAN - We worked well together, Mario. We’ve been happy to have had you here and for this we say good-bye and thank-you.

In one year and a half you’ve achieved a lot. You were decisive in our qualification for the Champions League in 2013 and were our top-scorer last season. This is what your Milan thinks of you and this is our chance to confirm it publicly.

There have been lots of memorable moments. The goal-scoring debut versus Udinese, that late winner versus Torino at the San Siro in May last year, the decisive goal against Siena and the screamer against Bologna on Valentine’s Day at the San Siro.

Thank-you for everything and for what you have done at the club. We wish you the very best of luck for your next sporting and professional adventure

GQman2121

Banned
That look of fear when Di Maria gets on the pitch and sees how truly awful Young and Cleverly are. Mata had it, and so will Angel.

Mata was scratching his head walking off the pitch at the final whistle yesterday and looked sad. It was a short shot of him, but I immediately felt bad for a split second. I'll see if I can find it.

Forza Liverpool, andiamo avanti ragazzi! vaffanculo manchester united, squadra di merda.... rooney, ma sei proprio un figlio di puttana. mourinhoooooo, testa di cazzoooooooo

Forza Liverpool, andiamo avanti ragazzi! vaffanculo manchester united, squadra di merda.... rooney, ma sei proprio un figlio di puttana. mourinhoooooo, testa di cazzoooooooo

320976.gif

Fergie

Banned
Liverpool do very decent with strikers.

It's unfortunate but I'm sure he'll do well, better chances he'll get in that team as well.

Anyway, hopefully this Di Maria business is confirmed soon.

Bold One

How can The Witcher 2 have controller support on PC but Mass Effect 2 doesn't?

utter bullshit from Bioware, true to form from EA though

We don't need him to be great though tbh. I don't think anyone is envisioning him as a future club legend or anything like that. We need him to support Sturridge, pitch in 15 or so goals over the season and not set anything on fire.

If that was the case then wouldn't Liverpool have been better off going for someone like Bony? Balotelli is a bit too volatile to being playing second string to Sturridge.

Clegg

I've just checked twitter an seen that there are people who are actually keeping track of the flight plan Di Maria is supposedly following.

I weep.

Mastadon

Banned
If that was the case then wouldn't Liverpool have been better off going for someone like Bony? Balotelli is a bit too volatile to being playing second string to Sturridge.

Maybe, but Bony would have been more expensive and there's no guarantee that he'd be any happier being second choice. Balo fits in with our system a lot better, and has had the bonus of energising and exciting the fan base.

I've just checked twitter an seen that there are people who are actually keeping track of the flight plan Di Maria is supposedly following.

I weep.

Imagine what these people were like when we weren't looking likely to sign anyone. This is the moment they've been waiting for. They will kill Ed if it goes tits up.

Is it true that we're getting rid of the god awful yellow writing on the back of our new shirts? Or are they just adding a thicker black outline? I'd like it if they got rid of the yellow altogether... fuck Nike, though.

Hixx

I weep.

What do they think is going to happen?

They're going to be watching a dot move across a screen for a couple of hours. Why?

KingGondo

Banned

I weep.
If you think that's sad then stay far, far away from college football.

Track flight plans of potential new coaches? *check*
Harass 18 year-olds on Twitter to convince them to come to your school? *check*
Deface statues and other campus landmarks of your rivals? *check*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom