• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Independent linking us with Vidal.

Bv6mHMsIYAIKZpH.jpg

Abraxas

Giroud out.....
A1YXKcN.gif

Barzul, FW kitty hold me.

Yaya sonogo our only striker

wedward

Matt Law ‏@Matt_Law_DT 4m

Updated Giroud story. Fears he could miss as much as 3 months with Arsenal manager Wenger facing striker hunt #afc http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ene-Wenger-back-into-the-transfer-market.html …

Eto’o, Remy and Welbeck - No thanks.

No way we sell Podolski now?

Fucking injuries. We must be cursed. Soft muscle injuries I blame on the staff, but all the shredded knees and ankles are just bad luck.

You were supposed to fix us Shad!!! *sobs*

Gibbs, Arteta, Giroud and it's not even September.

Gibbs I blame on the fitness staff. The other two are just impact injuries. Arteta is old and Giroud was a freak accident.

L1NETT

Moreno did look tidy going forward. Allen pleasantly surprised me too against those massive fucker trucking about twatting anything in their path

Also don't think Lovren was as bad as some of yous say. Caught out a couple of times but like his aggressive Keown/Wetherall style of defending

Arnie

I almost feel like I can't analyse football matches, because I actually thought Gerrard was good.

His passing was excellent and he made some important tackles and did his defensive job fairly well. Whenever we've got a player runnin into the heart of our defence it's not solely Gerrard's fault, it's the system we play and what we ask of the midfield.

Personally I'm most disappointed with Lovren. He was good against Southampton but today he did a remarkable Agger impression. We just switched off defensively.

The spurs game is huge now. Play like we did tonight sans the defensive frailty and we'll win comfortably.

Hindle

Banned
This defeat came at the right time for Rodgers. It showed him there are some problems with defense that need fixing. Like I said earlier, it doesn't mean much losing to City at this stage, better to do it now and be ready for the home fixture.

Clegg

That article says there are major concerns over Vidal's knee and United would offer him an incentivised deal instead of a straight pay packet.

wedward

I know we already had no chance at top 2 but this effectively ends even the smallest chance.

3rd place and a cup would be nice at this point. Not really bothered with how we do in CL at this point.

Incredible how poor our injury record is.

Let's get Dat Guy.

omgkitty

No way we sell Podolski now?

Fucking injuries. We must be cursed. Soft muscle injuries I blame on the staff, but all the shredded knees and ankles are just bad luck.

Gibbs I blame on the fitness staff. The other two are just impact injuries. Arteta is old and Giroud was a freak accident.

Yeah a supposed broken leg is in no way a training issue. Guess he needs more milk? IDK

The reason I'm skeptical about the players we're linked to is once again because we need a world class striker. I think we should sign Remy only if we can't sign Cavani or Falcao. Just open the checkbook and start throwing the money around until someone pops up. I also don't think Podolski should stay as he has been terrible whenever he's in the middle, and it's way too early to rely on Sanchez in the middle. There needs to be a silver lining to this, and that involves us getting the striker we've so desperately needed since RVP left. I actually really like Giroud, and I think he would be a great 2nd striker / alternative to someone who's much better, but he simply isn't good enough in the big games. These injuries to Arteta and Giroud need to be a blessing in disguise. Sign Carvalho and Cavani and let's go win some fucking trophies.

No excuse for Wenger to not get a proven striker now, we can't go into the next 3 months with fucking Yaya as our only recognised striker.

Remy or Cavani, pls.

wedward

No excuse for Wenger to not get a proven striker now, we can't go into the next 3 months with fucking Yaya as our only recognised striker.

Remy or Cavani, pls.

He has a pretty good damn excuse when he doesn't buy Cavani.

You can't buy something if it isn't for sale.

Rather have Welbeck than Remy.

Yeah a supposed broken leg is in no way a training issue. Guess he needs more milk? IDK

The reason I'm skeptical about the players we're linked to is once again because we need a world class striker. I think we should sign Remy only if we can't sign Cavani or Falcao. Just open the checkbook and start throwing the money around until someone pops up. I also don't think Podolski should stay as he has been terrible whenever he's in the middle, and it's way too early to rely on Sanchez in the middle. There needs to be a silver lining to this, and that involves us getting the striker we've so desperately needed since RVP left. I actually really like Giroud, and I think he would be a great 2nd striker / alternative to someone who's much better, but he simply isn't good enough in the big games. These injuries to Arteta and Giroud need to be a blessing in disguise. Sign Carvalho and Cavani and let's go win some fucking trophies.

He isn't going to panic and try and splash the cash. He will probably just accept that this is another season where our best hope is 3rd or 4th. At this point I expect a no name CB, Carvalho and a lower tier striker (Remy, Welbeck, fuck knows)

jtb

Banned
I rate Sanogo. Only thing that worries me about him is the injury history. If he's fit all season, I'm not too concerned.

I know we already had no chance at top 2 but this effectively ends even the smallest chance.

3rd place and a cup would be nice at this point. Not really bothered with how we do in CL at this point.

Incredible how poor our injury record is.

Let's get Dat Guy.

Cavani would make us title contenders IMO, although still behind Chelsea and City. Not only because of his goals, but as I said before, he will make us so much better defending set pieces, which will be a huge bonus.

Barzul

Welbeck is probably the best bet. If it doesn't work out, we can still sell him for 15m in 2 years. That English tax.

I rate Sanogo. Only thing that worries me about him is the injury history. If he's fit all season, I'm not too concerned.

That's a really big if.

All those Vidal stories are unreliable just cos of this £34m "asking price". It's obviously not £34m. Like it's very obviously not that low.

So why should anyone believe the rest of the story?

Why?

wedward

I rate him as well but my biggest concern is that he is yet to score a competitive goal for us.

And he seems to be one step up from Diaby in terms of injuries.

Cavani would make us title contenders IMO, although still behind Chelsea and City. Not only because of his goals, but as I said before, he will make us so much better defending set pieces, which will be a huge bonus.

Agree, but I don't think he is for sale.

Or hell, let's go all in on Reus. He can play through the middle and he knows Ozil. Throw 50m at Dortmund.

Zero chance of this happening if Wenger thinks he can get him for his release clause next summer.

Wenger has less urgency when it comes to winning trophies than the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom