• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikkun

Roma has found Benatia’s replacement. With the Moroccan defender on his way to Bayern Munich, the giallorossi have completed the deal for Konstantinos Manolas. Roma has reached an agreement with Olympiakos for the defender on the basis of 13 million euro, Manolas will sign a 5 year deal. Roma and Olympiakos have a complete agreement but they just have to wait for Benatia deal to be done.

Huh.

Wilbur. How do you feel now when you said the club would never spend more than £40m on a player and were quite adamant on that?

tbf to Wilbs I said the same thing that we wouldn't spend more than 40-50m on a signing.

Didn't expect it and if we hadn't lost to Swansea I don't think we would have. LVG gave an ultimatum I feel.

Woodward is on an absolutely MAD ONE.

This week is going to be dramatic.

Viva_ITK

iK0MBAtMwrbSc.gif

kharma45

tbf to Wilbs I said the same thing that we wouldn't spend more than 40-50m on a signing.

Didn't expect it and if we hadn't lost to Swansea I don't think we would have. LVG gave an ultimatum I feel.

The Swansea game might have given the club extra incentive to seal it but it wasn't the whole reasoning behind it.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Do United fans expect to get CL football now? I still think that defence is a mess.

Even with Di Maria it's a shambles. Is he going to play as a wingback? Or in Mata's positon? Or as a CM?

He's a great player but not one with an obvious role in LVG's sily 352. United need to go back to 4231 as quickly as possible.

jtb

Banned
the Shad era: over before it even began

I have no problem selling Podolski because Wenger doesn't trust him to play up front anyways. Sell Podolski, bring in Remy. That's an upgrade.

K1LLER7

Gary Neville's analysis of Di Naria was spot on today.

Will be great to have a player with some killer pace in the team again.

I just want to see Adnan and Di Maria roaming around the pitch. LVG pls.

Kikarian

If I see any of Cleverley, Anderson, Young, Fletcher, Fellaini being sold as well, I don't think my heart could take it.

I'd be more happy about that than getting Di Maria.

If I see any of Cleverley, Anderson, Young, Fletcher, Fellaini being sold as well, I don't think my heart could take it.

I'd be more happy about that than getting Di Maria.

Nobody is going to pay for them.

We are going to have to loan them, paying half the wages and just hope they somehow do well enough that somebody wants to buy them and that they're happy to take a big pay cut.

Basically....they're all running down their contracts.

Luckily there isn't long left on any of them apart from Fellaini's.

Jarnet87

It's going to be funny seeing Di Maria on a counter attack completely alone against 2 or 3 defenders because of how slow the rest of the team is.

Kikarian

Nobody is going to pay for them.

We are going to have to loan them, paying half the wages and just hope they somehow do well enough that somebody wants to buy them and that they're happy to take a big pay cut.

Basically....they're all running down their contracts.

Luckily there isn't long left on any of them apart from Fellaini's.
We'd get hardly anything from them anyway except Fellaini at a pinch. Can't see TC23 taking a pay cut anytime soon, his ego won't allow that. Anderson...maybe. Fletcher will just go to the end of his contract. And Fellaini, we could possible sell, but it's unlikely.

pulga

Banned
Looks like Arbeloa might be on his way out of Madrid. Supposedly very unhappy about the way he was received at the Bernabeu today. #I2AMITK

Good fucking riddance, I say.

Do United fans expect to get CL football now? I still think that defence is a mess.

I don't think the defense is that bad. The midfield is what's really bad. I think the defense is made to look worse in a 352 despite the formation being played to make the defense look better. The players aren't entirely used to the formation and we have had to use youth players due to injury. Evans and Rojo will be back in time for the next PL match so Keane is now out of the picture. Rojo can fill in at lb if Shaw is injured. Rafael should be back. I still think United need a top class cb to make it great, but it's still decent without.

The midfield is awful at protecting the defense. It's awful at everything.

---------De Gea-----
Rafael--Evans--Rojo---Shaw
-----new player----Herrera-----
----------Mata-----------
Januzaj--RVP---Di Maria

Top 4 lads

We'd get hardly anything from them anyway except Fellaini at a pinch. Can't see TC23 taking a pay cut anytime soon, his ego won't allow that. Anderson...maybe. Fletcher will just go to the end of his contract. And Fellaini, we could possible sell, but it's unlikely.

Think I am right in saying that Anderson and Cleverley are in the last year on contract now. Neither are on huge wages though so in the grand scheme of things it's no too consequential.

Young has 2 years to run. Not sure if his was a 4+1 deal or not. Hopefully it was in which case this is his last year but I think it has 2 full years to run.

Fellaini...we're just stuck with him basically.

And Fletcher is not going to be moved on.

Kikarian

Think I am right in saying that Anderson and Cleverley are in the last year on contract now. Neither are on huge wages though so in the grand scheme of things it's no too consequential.

Young has 2 years to run. Not sure if his was a 4+1 deal or not. Hopefully it was in which case this is his last year but I think it has 2 full years to run.

Fellaini...we're just stuck with him basically.

And Fletcher is not going to be moved on.
I guess it's not too bad, could be worse. Just have to try and stick it out until their contracts end.

Kikarian

6,000 reds at MK Dons is going to be absolute carnage.

Wish I was going.

There average attendance is something like 7,000, too.
3AQmK.gif
Obviously it won't be tomorrow, we're in town.

MPW

Looks like Arbeloa might be on his way out of Madrid. Supposedly very unhappy about the way he was received at the Bernabeu today. #I2AMITK

Good fucking riddance, I say.

more like he had a fall out with casillas and casillas wants him out of the club

I still can't believe Young is on those wages.

-He was making a step up in his career to United so he should have accepted whatever shit wages we threw at him. Different from a bigger name that needs money to convince him.
-United already had Nani and Valencia at the time. Both of which were playing great. Buying Young wasn't some desperate need.

I just don't fucking get it. What the fuck were Gill and Fergie thinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom